Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin - 200 Nude

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 7. 3%. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua Eau (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good drugstore foundation. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation, but the coverage is alright for the money--I usually get a medium/full coverage look with a semi matte finish. When applying, you must work quickly and blend, blend, blend, because it will stay where you put it (in a good and bad way). It does an acceptable job of controlling my oil, but it still separates on my skin after about 8 hours. I will continue to buy this to use in between trips to Sephora, but it's not my daily go-to.

on 10/12/2014 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I used this years ago (b4 reformulated!) & had remembered I liked it back then so I decided I was gonna try a "new" foundation (DS), so I bought 2 diff Loreal's & this....& they are all good in their own ways, but I like the ColorStay for a few major reasons: 1 full coverage 2 can find anywhere (no special trips to the mall like MAC/Ulta/Sephora) 3 no transferring onto clothes 4 can find deals on it like BOGO 50%. 5 you get a lot of product for ur money 6 color selection is decent for the majority of medium skin tones (this could be a con if ur really pale or WOC). The things I didn't like were: 1 soooo hard to remove (mere makeup wipes don't do the job & that's what I normally use at nite 2 price (kind of high for a DS foundation) 3 hate the bottle!!!! It is hard to dispense, wish it had a pump & don't like glass bottles. So I guess I had more reasons to like it than not! I am a big ColorStay whipped fan, & I love this foundation too. There's no reason a girl has to have just one favorite foundation :) This kept me blotting like usual but didn't break me out. I've got extremely oily skin, can be acne prone if wrong products. I will repurchase!

on 10/9/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this, since it's so popular amongs the oily people, like me, but it's horrible. I got super dark after it settled on my face. The shades are wack, it smells like insect repelent, and it gave me a rash.

on 8/22/2014 3:24:00 PM

I've heard so many positive reviews about this foundation and I had to try it out for myself. Turned out to be the worst foundation for me. I have normal/fair skin. This foundation first off smells weird. It covers well but it looks like a mask on your face. It is really hard to wash off ( with soap, foamy remover, etc). I stopped using it and still have a full bottle. I should throw it out.

on 8/22/2014 11:52:00 AM

Revlon Colorstay was my holy grail foundation for a good few years until I discovered Almay's TLC foundation. I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but if you're acne prone like myself and seeking at least a medium coverage foundation that will stay on all day, I promise that Almay whups Colorstay's butt. When I went back to Colorstay for a bit after running out of TLC, I found that my T-zone became oily much quicker, and rubbed off far more easily. I wear TLC with Nude by Nature's mineral cover over the top, and once I've applied it at 7am, it won't come off until 11pm when I head to bed and wash it off myself. Colorstay wins in the colour range department, but if you're lucky enough to find a match in the TLC range, you'll never have to scour MakeupAlley for another foundation again. The only reason I'm still searching is because the lightest Almay shade (Buff) is a teeny tiny tad too dark for me. It's slightly darker and slightly more pigmented than Colorstay in Buff, which is a perfect match for my skin. But if you've got fair, warm toned skin, give Almay a shot and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Love this foundation it's cheap, long lasting, full coverage but I don't like the packaging would rather have a pump but overall brill :)

on 8/1/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pros:
-good coverage
-didn't oxidize like most foundations I've used
-the color really does stay
-nice semi dewy finish
-good to lightly cover my undereyes instead of also using a concealer
-good amount of product
-drugstore. Easily found and good price
-wide shade selection

Cons:
-sticky unless set
-feels heavy and sits on top of skin
-very hard to completely take off
-no dispenser which makes it unsanitary
-broke me out especially in between eyebrows

Overall I would not buy this product again. It makes me feel sick because it just sits on top of my skin and doesn't let it breathe. It also breaks me out which is very rare because I before this I've only had about four pimples in four years

on 6/22/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The good: looked nice on my face and stayed pretty matte.

The bad: kinda thicker than I'd prefer

The ugly: cystic acne within days of trying this

I've been using this product daily in 110 ivory for months and I love it! I have extremely acne prone skin and it hasn't caused me to breakout in the slightest. It is also the only color that's been fair enough for my pale skin (I've tried every drugstore brand under the sun). It's also very durable even with my oily skin, only needing a possible touch up on my nose at night after an active day. I've fallen asleep with it on and it looks decent in the morning. The packaging is simple and easy, and format let crusty dried makeup buildup. It can get a bit annoying when it runs low, trying to get the last of it out of the bottle. Personally, though, I've final found my perfect match :)

on 6/20/2014 5:30:00 AM

I consider myself to have pretty oily skin but I get dry patches every once in a while. when I tried this formula I was first and foremost annoyed with trying to get it out of the container! It's way too thick to be in a jar, I had to use a thin concealer brush to spoon it onto a sponge. The product goes on super thick and it weighs my face down, but somehow the coverage is still really sheer. I have a lot of dark acne scars, so that maybe be why I wasn't impressed with the coverage, but it didn't do much for light blemishes either. I was wearing it for a few week with a light translucent powder to set it (it doesn't dry very well and stays kind of sticky without powder) and I noticed within about four-six hours it started to pill up and look blotchy, like only parts of my face had makeup on it. my pores stood out something awful, they look like they were under a magnifying glass! And then to top things off, it would make any dry areas look super flaky. It may be your holy grail foundation, by my combination skin just did not agree with this formula. I much prefer the "normal/dry" version, even though that one isn't fantastic either.