October 1, 2014 | 2032 users online

Styling Products - Clairol - Tousle Me Softly Mousse

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by akneil

How come no one told me this is the BEST product ever for my long/curly/wavy/frizzy hair? I seriously haven't found anything like it, and I've tried a lot. It holds just enough and does not go crunchy at all. It's light enough to use a lot of and i can put it right on my roots. The scent is nice but not overpowering.
This stuff is so perfect for my hair it's a little bit crazy. So happy I found it, and for so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

This is EXACTLY what my hair needs.

I have long, med-thick, very voluminous, wavy, color-treated [caucasian] hair. I realize the first 4 things I said sound like a lot of people's dream hair - and I am definitely happy its FINALLY!!! long - but as anyone with wavy and voluminous hair will tell you, it is so g-d*mn hit and miss. You never know what you're going to get with it, shower-to-shower, day-to-day. As a result, I never really invested in curl/wave-specific products. Just general serums, moisturizers, etc.

I bought several ion curl products the other week at Sally's. I figured they'd be my salvation. They were all garbage. I can't even be bothered to review them just yet, because how do you explain, "crappy for me, but might work for you, since wavy hair is a crapshoot"?

anyhoo, I have a girlfriend who told me ages ago she exclusively uses the tousle me softly line. Between their ad campaign, packaging, naming, and it being a mousse and this not being the 90s, I couldn't bring myself to go anywhere near it. Until an extended grocery trip and finding this on sale.

In total truth, I haven't used this alone. I applied it over Davines OI oil.

What it did, for me, was smooth the hair, encourage long-wave pattern, cut out some excess volume, and add shine and definition. I kept my hair in a bun for most of the day while this air-dried in, and reapplied it on dry hair too.

I'm SUPER impressed. It did exactly what I wanted it to do. This may be the $2.50 drugstore product that saves my hair/feelings about my hair. That has never happened to me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good amount of hold without crunchiness. However, this dried out my hair big time! Too bad. I really wanted to like this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Clairol products always have the best scents!! This one reminds me of green apples! I have naturally thick wavy hair and this mousse keeps it tamed and frizz free. I love using this on damp hair when I know I'm going to let my hair dry naturally throughout the night. I also love using this on dry hair on days where I feel like my hair is looking too nappy. Def Would repurchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly hair and i bought this just to give my Hair more texture or so. I'd have to say i got tired of the smell after a while. And it kind of makes my hair sticky if you get what i'm saying.. Overall this Product is OK

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by jeannamv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this for my very curly hair. It gave me a decent amount of volume (I love some big Texas hair) and held my curls all day. I also use this often when I blow out my hair..mainly because it still gives me good volume, better than some mousse, but pretty comparable to others as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by trackstar4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mousse did not give me any tousle at all. I was disappointed, since I tried very hard just to get a somewhat curl. The smell was too over-powering, and gave me a bit of a headache. It smelled very floral without the old-ladyness. Packaging is cute, and I enjoyed the "pump" at the top. I will not be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mousse so much! It smells like heaven! Also, my hair is naturally wavy already so this helps my hair look really nice and wavy. I like the bottle it is really cute. The mousse itself is nice too! This product smells amazing, is cheap, and works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by EmJay31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this mousse, it holds my curls and stops my hair from turning into a completely frizzy mess, but it doesn't make my hair sticky or crunchy. I used another mousse prior to trying this one, and it was terrible - it was like putting glue in my hair. So I was understandably really happy to find a mousse that works while still leaving my hair soft. I use about a tennis ball size of foam (longg hair!) on either side, and use a diffuser so my hair is not soaking wet, then let my hair dry naturally. It's definitely no miracle, but it has really helped in keeping my hair under control, so I would definitely recommend trying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by peaceandsmiley1

i love this mousse!! i just scrunched my hair with it and my hair feels sooooo soft. the smell is very light and i like it. i got it at acme for 3.89 and i think its great for such a low price. i would definitely buy this again