Avon Avon Anew Ultimate Gold Emulsion Night Treatment

4.1

WATER/EAU GLYCERIN CYCLOPENTASILOXANE PROPYLENE GLYCOL GLYCOLIC ACID THIODIPROPIONIC ACID TRIOXAUNDECANEDIOIC ACID ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE SACCHAROMYCES/GOLD FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT ECLIPTA PROSTRATA EXTRACT PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE PALMITOYL LYSYL AMINOVALEROYL LYSINE PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-10 PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7 HEPTAPEPTIDE-6 HUMULUS JAPONICUS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT PHYTOL BUTYLENE GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE POLYSORBATE 20 STEARETH-20 CARBOMER PHENOXYETHANOL DISODIUM EDTA PARFUM/FRAGRANCE AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 MICA/CI 77019 IRON OXIDES

on 12/7/2012 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Got this on Amazon for about $17. I used it last night for the first time. First off, i am 43, acne prone skin with no wrinkles but my skin is not as tight as it used to be. I also have combination skin. Oily in the tzone and sometimes cheeks. Anyway, i put it on after washing my face. It stings very little and goes away. There's really no fragrance detectable either. I can't tell if it did anything... although i did look more rested (could be that i got some good sleep too). Anyway, i'll be using this for the next 7 days and will come back and give a real review. One thing i DONT like about this is that it leaves your face feeling sticky tacky. It feels like vaseline and i hate that greasy feeling. I wash it off in the morning but if i miss a spot like under my chin.. i feel the grease all day! And it feels greasy overall even after washing. Dont know if it's because of it moisturizing the skin really well ro what. Anyway, i'll keep using to see if it actually does something good and will update.
UPDATE *** AWFUL! Do not buy this product. It makes you feel and look like you have vaseline on your face. And it doesn't do anything to your wrinkles other than clog your pores and make you a grease monkey! Couldn't wait to wash it off my face every morning and the time i did have it on at night, i felt like i dipped my face in grease. AWFUL! It's going straight in the garbage!!

on 7/24/2012 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Amazing!!! makes my skin smooth, soft and gives it a glow!

on 9/30/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Although Avon does not state it on the labe, this is definitely a AHA/Glycolic acid product. My guess is about 12%, I am rather tolerable to various (facial) acids as I felt a bit of tingling.
This is a glycerin-ladden gel, which I think is good as the texture prohibit overused. You know the suffocating slippery feeling of glycerin (which is actually an alcohol, not an oil, surprise?)
The gold dust, or whatever suspended within the gel is just for decoration, but it does make the product more appealing than a clear gel.
I don't leave it on overnight anymore, I just put 1/4 tsp., leave it for 20 minutes & rinse, following with whatever serum/ cream.
I like this equally as the Alpha Hydrox 12% souffle.

on 8/2/2011 5:41:00 AM

I am obsessed with retaining my youth and I love trying new products but I always come back to this one wondering why I ever left it. I always see a difference once I start using it again. No other product has given me such noticeable results... and so quickly! My face is smoother, brighter, and firmer after just a few short days. It is kind of sticky but still holds makeup well as long as I give about 10mins before I apply. It always leaves my face feeling very moisturized without being greasy. Where I live in Canada, we get extremely cold dry winters but my face never gets flakey dry skin like it used to. It does tingle a bit but it doesn't bother me as long as it's making me beautiful! Just an amazing product that does what it promises. I have recommended this product to all my friends and coworkers.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

One word... AMAZING! Doesn't break me out, moisturizes really well even with me using benzoyl, skin tone looks more even, skin looks and feels firmer and I have an amazing glow.

on 4/1/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great product. What made me buy this product is because I was attracted to the concept of gold shimmer in a skincare. I thought it was pretty. So, I ordered this without reading any reviews yet. I just thought of searching for reviews on this when my order was already in the process. Well, no regrets because the reviews are all positive. And, I must say I agree with the positive reviews. This stuff really works. First day I already saw a difference, quite amazing as my skin is well moisturized. It has been 14 days that I'm using this and so far I still like it.it gave me a glow, and my skin feels very soft and smooth, no more dry spots, pores are less visible, skin is more even tone and very well hydrated. I don't really have any wrinkles to correct, I am more after for the hydration and the glow. Suprisingly, the gold flecks are not at all noticeable(otherwise I don't mind). the reason for the 4 lippies instead of 5 is because this is sticky, my face stays sticky and damp for many hours after application, that is even if I only applied a little amount of the product. also, I am not really a fan of the overloaded silicon consistency. But aside from those minor gripes this is overall a very nice product that works. Highly recommended. I don't think I would repurchase as the 50 jar will lasts me a very long time. Price here is 43euro.

on 11/11/2010 8:57:00 AM

This emulsion is the most moisturizing treatment that I have ever enjoyed. After trying countless other brands, this is the only one that has succeeded in banishing my dry spots without aggravating my oily zones. LOVE!

It smooths over my skin very easily and is absorbed lighting fast :) quick, simple, effective and easy

Btw, I am young and don't have any lines (yet) so I can't evaluate this product in terms of wrinkles and lines. But what I can say is that I definitely noticed that my skin was firmer and felt a lot more supple in just a few days!

One annoying thing is the fact that this emulsion contains many silly specks of gold that make my face glitter somewhat under the light. So I'm restricting this treatment to seriously NIGHT only so I don't look too blinged out in the day lol. I guess that's why it's a night treatment?

Despite the annoying flecks, this is honestly SO GOOD for my skin I will repurchase. Highly reccommended!

on 10/22/2010 11:08:00 AM

I feel confused about this product. On one hand, it is so slippy-spready and easy to apply, and does seem to moisturize and soften the skin, and also I am influenced by other people's reviews of it.
On the other hand, both times I've tried it I've developed zits. That's kind of surprising considering that I'm over 60! I have skin which is a little unusual. . . not quite as prone to wrinkles per se as that of many women my age. There is sagging, though, and jawline rippling, etc. My neck is getting kind of crepey and yucky. But the last time I tried this Gold Emulsion, I got a big zit on my old neck!
The reason I say I'd buy it again is that when I am even older, I might be dryer and more wrinkly and less prone to zits.
I suspect it is silicone oils that are causing my zits. Nothing could be that spready-slippy without those, so this product must be loaded with them.

on 9/7/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to use the sample packets I had, and i love it. I have recommended it to several friends 35 and over. I am 40 and use it and I did see a difference in the fine lines and skin tone after just 1 week. The smell and stickiness did not bother me. I have received raved reviews from women who have recommended this product to friends. Avon has come along way since my mother used it. I will continue to use this product until Avon stops producing it.

on 3/30/2010 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was skeptical about trying this product, as I never had any luck with Avon products agreeing with my skin. But I took the plunge with this when it came out, & ladies let me tell you it's awesome!

It does exactly what it says it will do, & a little product goes a LONG way. in a weeks time I noticed a difference in my skin; not enough to rave about it at that point, but after 2 weeks I was really impressed.

My skin had a much more even texture & tone, my sideburn hyperpigmentation was barely visable, & the 11"s, marionette lines, lip lines, & even the pores on my cheeks were all visibly diminished.

The only downside I could find, is that it's sticky & has a distinct odor to it, but nothing you cant get used to. I apply it about an hour before I go to bed, so it has time to absorb into my skin & the odor fades a little.

My husband looked over at me one morning when we were outside, & said: "what have you done to your skin? it's looks wonderful!". Need I say more? lol!

I do switch face treatments off & on so my skin wont stop responding to one certain treatment, & when I switch out I used the Avon Derma-Full x3 at night. But i gotta tell ya, the Gold Emullsion works better than the Derma-Full!

Popular Face Skincare Products