December 19, 2014 | 1683 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - MAC - Studio Moisture Tint SPF15 [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by JayjayMua

I have purchased this for the days i don't fancy painting my whole face on make up routine. A quick pop to the shops but don't want to look like a zombie! Im a nc44 foundation and purchased Dark, i applied to half of my face to see the difference and oh my gosh goes it take away all my blemishes! Skin looks like silk, soft, smooth and flawless :) xx

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Naysweetz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Easy application ... Coverage is almost as good as mac studio tech and fix ...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-None that I can think of

CONS:
-Very greasy looking
-Price
-Makes my skin oily looking/feeling
-Strong, strange scent
-Doesn’t cover much

BOTTOM LINE:
No, no, no! If you are oily, acne-prone and sensitive to harsh, chemical smells, steer clear! Ew, I would definitely not repurchase. The coloring for this product is also way off—if you’re nC35 you’ll probably need something a lot darker than you’d think. At first on, it looked okay but it didn’t cover much. After an hour my face was one huge oil slick. I could fry a batch of onion rings on my face. Disgusting. Also, the scent is awful. This is sitting in my drawer waiting to be thrown out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Great for my large pores and wrinkles. Gives a pretty luminosity that is dewy. (See my application tips for being able to use it under my eyes!) I can get away with "medium" in the winter -- both colors I use are definitely quite neutral -- but I add just a touch of "medium plus" in the summer. In the winter, I'm N20-25, leaning a bit to NC. Does not highlight any of my dry flakes.

CONS: Not the cheapest in the world. If you are oily, this tinted "moisturizer" is not for you. If you don't like dewy, you'll want to set this with powder, I think. There is a fragrance component in this (discussed by beautypedia or whatever it's called at Paula's Choice) that can be irritating for some with sensitive skin.

APPLICATION TIPS: To make it last longer, I like to first use L'oreal magic perfecting primer patted into pores (also helps disguise my pores). I let it sit for at least a minute and I then apply foundation. I then pat with a damp beautyblender sponge to blend even more beautifully. More oily skin may want to set this with powder (or even use the makeup artist Wayne Goss's little trick of applying moisturizer, then powder, then TM or foundation. He describes it on his youtube channel. It sounds bizarre, but it works.) I prefer not to include any powder because I like a SLIGHTLY dewy finish, or at least nonmatte.

I love using this under my eyes before concealer (that I only put in the actual circle, because otherwise, concealer highlights my puffy bags.) Have now started using TimeBalm TM under my eyes instead, because the fragrance in this has started to irritate my sensitive eye skin.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

ALTERNATES: BalmShelter TM is lovely, leaves a slightly dewy finish like this, and doesn't highlight wrinkles/pores at all and is great on my very sensitive skin. L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup is pretty good but not near as nice for wrinkles as this and provides a more semimatte/satin finish. For a dewy finish and more coverage, TimeBalm foundation by The Balm is very kind to wrinkles/pores.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Laurawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Total gem! Better than any foundation I've found and kinder to my skin. Amazing coverage for a TM. I use medium plus on my sensitive, dry/combination skin and have given up on finding anything better for the moment. I have nothing bad to say about this and can apply on the go with either fingertips or a brush. Have already repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Annobime

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this on a whim, after being fed up with the Clinique tinted moisturizer that splattered every time I used it and ruined some of my tops. The MAC product was thicker, and creamier but still easy to apply. The tube I bought last September is still being used! I apply once a day and it takes just a small amount to cover the face. I usually apply a bit of regular moisturizer first so the tinted moisturizer goes on easy and quick. The colours of the MAC product are very true and natural looking unlike some products that look fake. For the price you can't go wrong with this for wearability and ease of use. It lasts much longer than anticipated so you really get your moneys worth too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has great coverage for a TM and is great for oily to normal skin as it doesn't make you any oilier, however, it does not control oil either and will not look good on any dry patches you have. With a gradual face tanner I'm NC20 and bought this in shade medium. It's a very neutral shade, not too yellow or too pink. Overall I think it's a great product as it provides you with undetectable coverage. It looks like your skin just better!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Sahara1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased the nars tinted moisturiser aswell as the mac tinted moisturiser and what I can say is mac tinted moisturiser broke me out and left my skin looking very dry. The coverage is ok not satisfying. I prefer the Nars over this product because when I was my face after applying nars it still leaves my skin soft. Mac didn't do that it left me with spots and dry skin. I wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by DNLPotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

(I am about a NC/NW 45 with normal skin and I am a Dark for this product)

I think this is the best tinted moisturizer for someone who wants some coverage and doesn't like to use a lot of products. Also great for people Nw/NC 40 and up who are always battling products going ashy on their skin.

I love how it blends easily with fingers or a brush as well. Also, a little of the product goes a long way. Lastly, the product is slightly buildable for more coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by canadian

For reference: Combination skin (slightly oil t-zone, dry/dehydrated cheeks), sensitive, broken capillaries, neutral to warm skin tone (NC/NW 25ish), green eyes, dark brown hair

I was matched to the color 'Medium' at the MAC counter and was given a sample to take home. This tinted moisturizer dried nicely on my face. Not oily or too matte. I liked it didn't have a slick feel compared to other TM"s I've tried. The coverage was okay. I have broken capillaries, some redness so TM's in my experience have never fully covered. I applied a bit of concealer over the red areas.

The biggest con for me was the color. It looked quite yellow on my skin tone. For that reason I won't be repurchasing. The light color was too pale for me and the dark.. well too dark.