April 16, 2014 | 2026 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - MAC - Studio Moisture Tint SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-None that I can think of

CONS:
-Very greasy looking
-Price
-Makes my skin oily looking/feeling
-Strong, strange scent
-Doesn’t cover much

BOTTOM LINE:
No, no, no! If you are oily, acne-prone and sensitive to harsh, chemical smells, steer clear! Ew, I would definitely not repurchase. The coloring for this product is also way off—if you’re nC35 you’ll probably need something a lot darker than you’d think. At first on, it looked okay but it didn’t cover much. After an hour my face was one huge oil slick. I could fry a batch of onion rings on my face. Disgusting. Also, the scent is awful. This is sitting in my drawer waiting to be thrown out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: The best foundation-type makeup for my large pores and wrinkles. I can't emphasize that enough. And I've tried 33 other foundations. Gives a pretty luminosity that is dewy. I am combo/dry, so I don't like to use the powder. Price isn't the worst. Looks so good on my dry/aged skin. See my application tips for being able to use it under my eyes!

CONS: Not the cheapest in the world. If you are oily, this tinted "moisturizer" is not for you. If you don't like dewy, you'll want to set this with powder, I think.

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to first use L'oreal magic perfecting primer patted into pores to disguise my pores and make the foundation last quite a bit longer. I let it sit for at least a minute and I then apply foundation. (I can get away with "medium" in the winter -- both colors I use are definitely quite neutral -- but I add just a touch of "medium plus" in the summer. I'm N15, leaning to NC.) I love using this under my eyes before concealer (that I only put in the actual circle, because otherwise, it highlights my puffy bags.) This is the first foundation I would ever be able to dream of doing that with, without my eyes looking like the crypt keeper's eyes.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

ALTERNATES: D/S - L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup is pretty good but not near as nice for wrinkles as this and doesn't provide any illumination. For H/E, stila Illuminating foundation is quite nice, but not as nice as this for my wrinkles, and it doesn't last as well on my skin. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, or whatever the name is, is nice but not as good for not highlighting pores/wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Laurawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Total gem! Better than any foundation I've found and kinder to my skin. Amazing coverage for a TM. I use medium plus on my sensitive, dry/combination skin and have given up on finding anything better for the moment. I have nothing bad to say about this and can apply on the go with either fingertips or a brush. Have already repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Annobime

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this on a whim, after being fed up with the Clinique tinted moisturizer that splattered every time I used it and ruined some of my tops. The MAC product was thicker, and creamier but still easy to apply. The tube I bought last September is still being used! I apply once a day and it takes just a small amount to cover the face. I usually apply a bit of regular moisturizer first so the tinted moisturizer goes on easy and quick. The colours of the MAC product are very true and natural looking unlike some products that look fake. For the price you can't go wrong with this for wearability and ease of use. It lasts much longer than anticipated so you really get your moneys worth too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has great coverage for a TM and is great for oily to normal skin as it doesn't make you any oilier, however, it does not control oil either and will not look good on any dry patches you have. With a gradual face tanner I'm NC20 and bought this in shade medium. It's a very neutral shade, not too yellow or too pink. Overall I think it's a great product as it provides you with undetectable coverage. It looks like your skin just better!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Sahara1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased the nars tinted moisturiser aswell as the mac tinted moisturiser and what I can say is mac tinted moisturiser broke me out and left my skin looking very dry. The coverage is ok not satisfying. I prefer the Nars over this product because when I was my face after applying nars it still leaves my skin soft. Mac didn't do that it left me with spots and dry skin. I wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by DNLPotter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

(I am about a NC/NW 45 with normal skin and I am a Dark for this product)

I think this is the best tinted moisturizer for someone who wants some coverage and doesn't like to use a lot of products. Also great for people Nw/NC 40 and up who are always battling products going ashy on their skin.

I love how it blends easily with fingers or a brush as well. Also, a little of the product goes a long way. Lastly, the product is slightly buildable for more coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by canadian

For reference: Combination skin (slightly oil t-zone, dry/dehydrated cheeks), sensitive, broken capillaries, neutral to warm skin tone (NC/NW 25ish), green eyes, dark brown hair

I was matched to the color 'Medium' at the MAC counter and was given a sample to take home. This tinted moisturizer dried nicely on my face. Not oily or too matte. I liked it didn't have a slick feel compared to other TM"s I've tried. The coverage was okay. I have broken capillaries, some redness so TM's in my experience have never fully covered. I applied a bit of concealer over the red areas.

The biggest con for me was the color. It looked quite yellow on my skin tone. For that reason I won't be repurchasing. The light color was too pale for me and the dark.. well too dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by heyloelitahey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This broke me out terribly. I had acne for a couple months when I was twelve, and since then in my adult life I only get a zit or two on my period, if that. The day after I used this TM, my forehead was covered with tiny bumps, I had large red pimples on my cheeks, and worst of all I had horrible pimples around my mouth! It was so revolting. Luckily my on-the-spot took care of them. Before you ask, I did nothing strange in my beauty routine, and I took off all my makeup as normal. It was this TM that broke me out, which is ironic as it's intended to be beneficial for your skin. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Only plus was that it did have decent coverage, and the Light shade wasn't too off from my super pale skin. Guess I will have to continue looking for my HG TM. Don't waste $30 on this acne-causer!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by NaomiALopez

Pros: nice coverage (not too cakey/not sheer). Cons: it does on some days dry my face out but I think that is just me.