Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Concealer

3.8

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Sodium Chloride, Mica, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, p-Anisic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tromethamine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Spilanthes Acmella Flower Extract, Laureth-4, [CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 5/26/2015 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Having just turned 26 - I have literally JUST found my perfect concealer after looking around for literally, years. I was almost resigned to the fact that concealers maybe just weren't for me. I'm dark-skinned (MAC 40/45) and have dark circles + being constantly behind spectacles have really sunken my eyes in. I've tested out MAC and Revlon of which both were terribly cakey and washed out my eyes (read: ashy ugh).

Was recommended the MUFE HD concealer by the Sephora SA on a quiet Sunday night and I was careful not to be duped or buy anything out of feeling bad for wasting the SA's time (did that with my MAC prep+prime highlighter pen). The SA did a great job concealing my circles while dabbing translucent powder over - I was sold.

I LOVE using this concealer because its amazingly sheer + full coverage, i mean if that isn't the goal of life, i don't know what is! It's so blendable, the opposite of cakey, sheer, luminous and pure magic! I would say it reminds me of a tinted moisturiser - like Nars' Pure Radiant TM.

The only downside besides price of cos - the packaging. I don't understand why many brands insist on this pen/twist thing because you can twist all you want, the product takes awhile to get activated and comes out more than needed. Any "extra" product on the tip becomes dry and cakey which is such a waste! However I have to say the "plastic" tip on this pen is so much better and more hygienic than Mac's "brush tip" - so kudos on being thoughtful on this!

Overall - I'm STOKED to have finally found something that works for me, would totally be repurchasing!

on 4/5/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this concealer after seeing it featured quite often on The Daily Face blog. I usually don't make purchases like this, all those fancy MUFE and MACs are nice and all, but I am so low-maintenance, and that price-tag just doesn't sit well with me. But I went for it, because my dark under-eye circles have yet to be tamed by concealers, and I just had to see what all the hype was about.
I have been using this product for.. Months, now. Maybe even a good year or so, I've lost track of time. I have been repurchasing it, even though the applicator is an absolute mess, and even though it doesn't last very long. See, I'm simple like that I was just automatically repurchasing it. Then I ran out of it again, and I thought, "Gee, this is really draining my bank account here. This tiny little concealer pen is clearly not working well enough so that I wouldn't be wasting all of it, and it's hella expensive". So I went online and started looking at reviews. Sadly, I'm still at a loss I don't tend to have the puffy "bags", and I think... This is gonna sound weird, but I think that my under-eye circles are different than others'. My severely dry skin makes it so that it's almost like my entire eye turns slightly brown, and my entire face looks more pale, but it looks quite different from others', as far as I've seen. Maybe I was just raised to think I'm special :D

Anyway, am I going to repurchase this? No, I'd much rather take on a little quest to find something that's truly worth my time and my repurchasing.
For those of you who are still wondering if you should get it, I'll explain the product, so you could make the best possible decision:
* If you've never used it before, the first thing you're going to feel when you open it is ANGER and HATE. That's totally normal, that's due to the stupid silicone applicator. You do get used to it, and it slowly turns into a love-hate relationship with lots of sighs and eye-rolling. Hurray.
* Yes, it does dispense too much, but I've seen geniuses here say they've figured out that you need to turn it only until it clicks the one time, and then squeeze the silicone tube thingy until what's in it comes out I was never this smart about mine, so learn from them and do that, or don't purchase this because I'm pretty sure MUFE is laughing hysterically at all of us right now from some ivory tower somewhere.
* The color blending is very good. It is quite sheer, so if you're looking for a very full coverage, move it along, sister/brother. The sheerness of it actually works alright in a way that makes you not look like "I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN DAYS AND I MUST STAY AWAKE AHHHHH", you know, how some people look when they're wearing cakey concealers. This just doesn't have that option, I've found, which is good, because ain't nobody got time for being really good at applying concealers (yes, I'm quite lazy in the morning).
* I can't say much about creases, because I'm.. Well, I'm 25 and don't really have anywhere for this to crease. I also have dry skin, so maybe that's part of it, I don't know. Sorry for not being of better help in that department.
* I am 325, light skin, and it blends beautifully, even when I'm tan. When I'm really tan, I just blend it more, kinda, if that makes sense. It's very sheer, as I've mentioned, so whichever tone you are, it's pretty much bound to blend well the only question is, how well did you want it to blend, really? I mean, you wanted it to conceal. I dunno.
* The texture is nice, it's really not thick, so blending is easy. DID I MENTION BLENDING? I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO MENTION BLENDING SOME MORE. :)

K, yeah, I feel like that's all I've got. I loved you, MUFE concealer, but it's time for me to find a new friend. Goodbye for now, old friend.

on 3/27/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Nice product for my fair skin. Got it in the lightest shade, and from trial-and-error, I knew MUFE makes the lightest shades for concealers. I agree that the packaging is not ideal. What I do is use it to spot treat any blemishes and what's leftover hanging from the tube I use under my eye area just so it doesn't go to waste. I wish this came in a squeeze tube like MUFE's full-cover, so I'm holding back from giving it 5/5.

on 9/24/2014 4:29:00 AM

For the price in Sydney, I would not consider repurchasing this concealer. The packaging completely ruined the overall product for me. Even though the concealer itself wasn't a problem, the small tube would leave product sitting in it and the concealer would dry up. I ended up wasting so much product, it was extremely frustrating and not worth the effort nor price tag ($43).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the perfect highlighting concealer. I bought this in the lightest shade and it's perfect for concealing and highlighting my dark circles. The consistency is really thin, it's nice and blendable, doesn't crease or wear off. The only problem I have with this is that I'm not really into the packaging since it's hard to get the right amount of product out of this.

on 8/1/2014 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My mom gave this to me because it did not work for her.

Its an alright concealer, not heavy duty or anything like that. Its pretty light, but I don't use it under my eyes. (Rimmel MP for that)

It covers blemishes fine and doesn't accentuate the spot, it just nicely lays over it. However, it doesn't last a whole school day. Not really an issue though, since its easily touched up.

Overall, its alright. I just use it as my concealer I have ready in my backpack or bag.

Never spent so much on a concealer! Still, it is the best thing ever, if not for the packaging - the product tend to stay in the plastic tube and dries there.
But for the under eyes it's magic! I do have really really dark circles and with a small amount of this concealer they're gone for at least six hours. Yay! Really recommend.

on 4/13/2014 12:30:00 PM

This is my second tube after years of wearing YSL touche eclat. I'm using 330 to cover my dark circles and brightening the area around my eyes. I found it better than YSL cause: do not drying the skin around my eyes, very natural, great consistency (not too creamy or watery) and do not crease after whole day. However it doesn't really cover my dark circles thoroughly on days i needed them the most. I used the hd concealer on top of MUFE camouflage cream in orange (to cover up my bluish circle- as advised by the SA). And i agree with some reviewer on the packaging. The first tube was such a waste cause most of the time the product came out more than i needed. But now i found out how to use it by only twist it once, then squeeze the silicon tip to control the outcome of the product. This way, no waste en no dryin. So far, love the product until there's a better one coming up.

on 3/28/2014 2:22:00 PM

Initally i went into the mufe section in sephora with the intention of getting the full cover concealer :-) However as my dark eye circles with fine lines are a great concern for me(especially considering I'm only 19.. People have mentioned that Iook 20+ for my age sigh), the SA suggested the hd concealer for me. When she helped to me apply this for me, I felt that it was mediorce to be honest considering it's 51 SGD or so. However I felt guilty.... Because she needed some sales... Yes I'm easy prey hahaha. I PAID SUCH A HEFTY PRICE SIGH. It doesn't last long (and does not look as good as initially) and it settles into my fine lines even after setting it with powder.This is even after following the tips the SA gave such as waiting for it to dry first before setting it with powder. The packaging is alright, it has the sillicon appliactor which I can understand why people would prefer as it is hygenic. I feel that one click gives too little product but a one more click... too much. Such a waste which is a concern considering the price. I feel that it's not moisturising enough for my undereye and it cakes alot and my underye is not particularly dry. Will not purchase again especially with the ridiculously high price!!

on 3/16/2014 5:36:00 PM

i have really dark under eyes. a sephora girl picked this out for me because i am not too familiar with makeup and this was her recommendation.

i've used dior and mac concealers in the past as well and i liked this one as much i liked the other two.

the only complaint is that i don't wear makeup every day; hence, sometimes i have to physically squeeze out dried product out from the clear long tube at the top....