September 17, 2014 | 1257 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer strips for Blue eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I LOVED this in highschool!!!! I especially liked the middle dark blue and silver. I stopped wearing eyeshadow in college (too much effort haha) and now find this set too glittery for me... The colors aren't super pigmented and it really seems overloaded with glitter. I still give this a high rating because I remember how much this was a staple for me years back.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyedPanda

I bought this very hesitantly - blue shadow for blue eyes has never made sense to me. This, however (the three middle colors together especially) looks amazing. The brown liner shade turns the light blue into a flattering shade, and is great for a smoky eye. As other reviewers have said, the peachy color doesn't look too great on my fair skin. These are amazing because they are wet/dry, which I love. I also love that the brush that comes with can line, too. Mix and match, great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by arj1024

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the kit for blue eyes. I love the variety of colors from white to peach to bronze to gray. The peach color is the only one that looks bad on my skin, but with a tan it will probably look great. The applicator is bad for anything except lining your lashes. It streaks when you try to use it on your brow bone or your entire lid. I have to use another sponge tipped applicator. It would be great if they would use a dual-tipped applicator. It doesn't stay very well unless you use it wet (dampen the sponge-tip, not the eye shadow). Actually, this morning I highlighted my browbones with white, used baby blue on the lids (both dry), and used bronze on my lids. I can see a little highlighting, but no baby blue, but the bronze looks great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by bisco

I actually like this, a lot more than the almay blue eyes. I like the first three, best. Especially the brown. Like another user, with blues I'm always scared I'll look meme which isn't hard for me (tried turquoise liner once, biggest mistake EVER.) These aren't chalky, the color payoff is nice but natural, and it gives you a few choices, on the go. Are these the GREATEST quality ever, and worth the price, no. I'd say it's a 5-6 out of 10. A eye primer is definitely a must. Regardless, this works well for me. I have those grey/blue type of eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'd say with this line of shadows, there usually isn't much variety in the "3 sets of trios". But this one had a slightly bigger variety.

Nudes, blues, and grays.

Now the strips ARE really thin, so either a small brush works, or I just dab and mix two of the shadow stripes together. I don't find a problem with the way this palette was constructed.

I really love almost all the colors. The one I don't use at all is the lightest blue, and not so much the silver (I don't use silvers much in general.)

But the other 7 colors make this palette worth it for me!

All the shades are shimmery, but also silky. I usually use the top 2 shimmery yellow/peach shades as a highlight/inner corner, then some of the browns, or mixing the navy+Deepest brown for defining.

There are many slight differences in looks you can do, just try one of these palettes out!

The palettes vary in pigmentation/quality in my opinion. This just happened to be one of my favourites.

May look at the others for "Bronze" collections. I do have brown eyes, but I don't see a problem with using another set!

The palette is also nice and compact, which I like compared to their packaging usually. Also I like that it's clear so if I had many of these, I could just see what they were without flipping them around etc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I RIS this palette recently, having eyed these at the drug store I was curious but didn't want to pay the $10+ until I knew whether or not I liked the item. Some of the colors work better than others on me - i.e. there are two dark browns which probably won't get used much because browns don't really work with my skin tone (as a side note, the dark brown in the middle section is a close dupe for UD Underground). A couple of the colors are a bit sheer, so I would recommend using a primer. These shadows are on the shimmery side, so I will probably combine them with matte colors for daytime. On the positive side, I love the silver/charcoal gray section for a smokey eye. And the bronze and creme colors are very flattering too. Overall, a pretty nice drug store palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by starstruckkthriller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ehhh, I'm 50/50 on this. I'm not a big fan of the colors for blue eyes. But my mom has the one for hazel eyes and those colors are pretty. I never am a fan of eyeshadows made for blue eyes, they're just ugly blue eyeshadow! Grrrrr......

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this on a half-price sale at priceline, otherwise I don't think I'd have bought it. Pigmentation is pretty good, and the shimmer isn't over-the-top, just quite glowy. It's not as intensely blue as I'd hoped, more grey-blue, but I use a blue base underneath and they do intensify my eyes without overpowering them :] I love the blue in the 'natural' section, and the navy blue liner is pretty too. The packaging isn't fantasic in terms of colour separation and whatnot, but its not terrible either. I don't think I'll be repurchasing, though, because I do think there are better blues out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by JillyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is what I wanted BB's shimmer wash eyeshadow to be. (I paid like $40+ in duty free on the plane for!) I also own Pop Beauty's blue eyes palette which was chalky and nothing special.
There is enough color payoff where you can really see the color but not so much where its un-natural "in your face" color. Perfect.
At first, I was turned off by some reviews that claimed it to be obnoxious shimmer... I was thinking... oh god... like some urban decay shadows like (ahem!) grifter? I was scared. For me, Yes there is a shimmer (which I like and its designed to be anyway) but not falling off your lids, chunky glitter. No, no no... Its not scary chunky glitter. Its what a true shimmer e/s should be, imo.
I initially found out about this product by doing a board search for the perfect DS silvery-blue shadow. I was about to purchase one single MAC shadow to get that look and then heard about this!
I'm soooo thankful for this site for that! I LOVE THIS! Like others have said, you get light bronzy browns and beautiful silvery/grey toned blues. They really range from light natural days to a more smokey night look. For less than one MAC shadow I get so much more!
I love the packaging actually... very sturdy and sleek. My only gripe is now I feel like I want to collect them all!!! Brown eyes and Hazel eyes are on my next must-have list!!! I'm also eyeing the smokey blues and pop blues palettes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

This is one of the best shimmer strips I have (I have 4 of the e/s palettes). The colours are so pigmented and soft, very easy to apply. Over my Lumene primer, all the shades easily last through a 12-hour day, something that I can't say for all my HE shadows.