MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 8/29/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hug Me is a lovely brown-based nude shade. It is one of MAC's lustre finished which means that it applies sheer and, while it can be built up, the finish remains glossy. It doesn't appear to be the most exciting lipstick colour, but it is a trustworthy nude which is easy to apply and will look good with any outfit. It is work appropriate without being boring and is a lipstick that can be worn without any other makeup. I am NC20 with slightly pigmented lips and Hug Me looks very natural on the lips and does not look like 'concealer lips' nor wash my skin out. It lasts on the lips for about 3 hours, which is the normal amount of wear I get from lustre finishes. The formula glides on easily and is comfortable to wear. I have nearly finished my tube of Hug Me, it is just such a reliable colour! I particularly like to wear it when I am wearing a yellow/mustard color jumper/top or dress. I think it may be too sheer for those with very dark skin and very pigmented lips, but I would recommend checking it out. Everyone needs a reliable nude like Hug Me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hug Me is a universal shade, as in it works for every skin tone. It a pinky brown nude that can make anyone lips look better. It is a luster finish, so of course it does not last long. However, I love lusters because they are easy to manipulate. I can wear them sheer or build them up to the max pigmentation. And to top it off being that I have big lips, I can never get clown lips due to their sheer opacity. I never have to worry about my lipstick looking caked on or contrasting sharply against my skin tone. "Sighs" Hug Me is a match made in Heaven 😩

on 7/11/2015 2:27:00 PM

Technically, there is nothing wrong with this lipstick but I just find it a bit meh and boring. The color only slightly darkens my natural lip, and provides a sheer brown-ish tone. While it doesn't look bad on me per se, it also doesn't really do anything for me either. As a result I very rarely find myself reaching for it, except when I'm in a hurry and just want a quick swipe of something or if I'm a going for a more 90s inspired look. Being a lustre, it feels nice on the lips but wears off pretty quickly.

on 7/1/2015 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Lovely wash of nude for nc25-30 skin! love the consistency, glides on evenly, and has the right balance of pink and brown. My new favourite mlbb!!
Only downfall is that on my dry lips, it dries out and loses colour after around 1.5 hours, so lasting power is quite disappointing, but its expected from a lustre lipstick. I had another lustre lipstick (Jubilee) which broke off from the heat (I live in a humid country) so I'm sort of worried but we'll see how it goes!!

on 6/6/2015 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG! MLBB<3 only down side is lasting power.

on 2/20/2015 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love mac hug me. I was looking for the perfect lipstick to wear with smokey eyes and this is perfect for me. I have naturally tan looking skin so light colors dont look good on me. I bought velvet teddy and brave , both beautiful colors but they look horrible on me. So i tried macs hug me and this is mlbb. Its a pretty nude/ pinky color with a luster finish. But its not over the top shiny. I love to pair this color with mac oak lipliner. It makes your lips look full. I highly recommend :)

on 1/28/2015 5:00:00 AM

I like this product as a staple nude and it works well, however I feel like this isn't my 'perfect nude' and as such I would not repurchase, however this is still a beautiful lipstick and may be someone's, perhaps with darker, cooler toned skin, 'perfect nude'. (I am NC20) It applied beautifully and is very subtle, perfect for a 'no makeup' look. It is a brown toned nude and is work-place appropriate. It would look great paired with a smokey eye. It is a good quality lipstick, applies like a dream and has good colour pay-off. I would recommend but would not repurchase.

on 1/11/2015 5:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My favourite lipstick ever. I love this nude-pink-brown colour it's nude without making me look like a pale sick ghost and I can deffinetly wear it during day or night.

on 10/29/2014 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wouldn't buy this shade only because it doesn't suit my skin tone. It makes me looks dead...and the lustre finish ain't helping either. Meh.

on 9/9/2014 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was my go-to HG pinky nude lipstick for years. Lately it's been coming up too brown and I've noticed that it's also drying my lips. Change in formula or is it me? I've moved onto MAC's Modesty for its pinker tone and more moisturising formula. I will always have a soft spot for this though. I went through countless tubes.

Recommended for Medium Skin