December 19, 2014 | 1671 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by nainz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I wouldn't buy this shade only because it doesn't suit my skin tone. It makes me looks dead...and the lustre finish ain't helping either. Meh.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my go-to HG pinky nude lipstick for years. Lately it's been coming up too brown and I've noticed that it's also drying my lips. Change in formula or is it me? I've moved onto MAC's Modesty for its pinker tone and more moisturising formula. I will always have a soft spot for this though. I went through countless tubes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Pretty good shade. I wanted some deeper nudes for fall and this fits the bill. It's just a medium toned neutral nude. Nothing to write home about but something that would look good on anyone. It's supposed to be a lustre and I suppose it just feels a bit less dry than a satin more more drying than a cremesheen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ooooh... I love this color! I've almost finished the tube and am ready to start digging it out with my lipstick brush. Definitely a repurchase. I love MAC lustre lipsticks on my dry, full lips. I don't find it greasy as others do. Hug Me is a gorgeous, slightly darker nude lipstick. The color makes my skin color pop and doesn't wash me out like colors like Blankety do. I'm really happy with this product and often reach for it for neutral daytime looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by FearlessBarb

This is the perfect mlbb color for me, not too light or dark, peach or pink. By itself it's just a little color but I usually use a slightly brighter liner to give it a bit more punch. It has a very pretty shine, just right for someone my age. It has decent staying power leaving just a little color left after eating. Getting older I like to use lighter and softer colors, this one is just right.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

Im sorry to those that like hug me but I feel it was my biggest waste of a purchase I just bought it about 3 months ago and its down to a nub I wish id have returned it after I discovered that the color is too nude and doesn't show up on my lips I rubbed and rubbed to get color and I rubbed it to a nub and was dissatisfied with this and MAC syrup I am not a fan of their lustres besides siren song and viva glam VI those are the only two that I can get any color pay off from the rest can stay at MAC I don't want them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this as part of the back to mac program. mac lipsticks in Australia are $36. this is part of the permanent range
simple bullet packaging, black.
hug me is quite sheer on the lips, but after about 3 swipes imparts a nearly nude, bravely there lipstick look. the undertone is not peachy or pink; it is more neutral -right in the middle of peach and pink. i am nc35 and this gives me the 'nude' lips look without being dead or looking like it is lighter than my skin tone. it suits all my make up looks, especially when i do a heavy eye because it is one of those lipsticks that look natural without being too nude (if you know what i mean)
mac vanilla scented smell
the wear on this product isn't too good; wears for about 1 hour and a half on me before i have to reapply because it fades but lustres aren't known to be as long wearing as the other formulas.
it doesn't have glitter in it; it is shiny but not to the extent of a gloss
doesn't chap my lips, isn't drying. is actually quite moisturising.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hug Me is a light-medium shade of nude/fleshy toned beigey warm pink. My lips are very reddish-berry pink, so Hue actually pulls more warm beige nude on my lips. The color is just OK. I don't care for MLBB shades. I really thought this would be a bit lighter than my lips, but no -- it's just a slightly different tone.

I would have given this a 3 or 4 star rating for the color. As I said, it's OK. Not horribe, but nothing super either. However, I HATE...HATE...HATE the consistency of this lipstick. It is so GREASY. I purchased a slew of lustres on one MAC buy, and wow do I regret it. I could eat a bucket of fried chicken with no napkin, and not have as much of a greasy feel on my lips. WTH?? Even my lip glosses are not as slick.

True, I am a matte-type of girl, but even satins are tolerable. But lustres? NO. What a mess. I guess I could just use my lip brush and only apply a teensy bit, but then I may as well apply nothing to my lips. The color won't show up.

Terrible.

I wish MAC made this shade in at least a satin. I suppose MAC Velvet Teddy (my FAVE!) is similar enough in hue. I'll stick with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I love trying new MLBB lippies!! So Hug Me was a no brainer as I love Angel, Freckletone, Viva Glam (I think 5??), Blankety, Creme d'Nude, GAGA, etc. so this is right in my color wheelhouse!! MAC isn't all that more expensive than some DS lippies (I refuse to go pay US$8.99 + tax for Maybelline or more for Revlon!!), so I was making a special trip to MAC at Macys, just happened to be lemming a Paint Pot! So I got Hug Me too (yesterday). I love it! And the PP went back today to exchange Painterly for Vintage Selection, so I got Blankety today (btw which is also nice but I digress.). The SA told me that my lipstick looked "so pretty" & "beautiful on me" so I of course had to tell her it was Hug Me!! I am a NC15, freckles, medium brown natural hair, grey eyes for reference. On me Hug Me is a pinky brown MLBB without being concealer lips. Not a lot of greyness/grey cast which i hate in some nudes that they throw in some grey!! Not here thankfully...Lasting time is pretty good 2-3 hours, reapply after eating or smoking a few cigarettes. This makes my teeth look good! And I love the scent/flavor typical MAC generic vanilla. I do love vanilla anything!! I have an issue walking, so making the trip into Macy's is a big deal but this, the PP, & Blankety made the trip all worthwhile! :) the things a makeup addicted girl does for a MAC fix ;) I got a cat eye eyeliner tutorial also & I am convinced I don't look good in it! But the lipsticks are sooooo good at MAC. MAC makes theeeeee best nude shades!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by olivetantrums

Mac Hug Me is one of my favorite MLBB colours. It has a natural tone(think a pinkish taupe if that makes any sense) and covers any and all imperfections on your natural lip. It's perfect for work or a no-makeup look. Like all mac lipsticks it has that yummy vanilla scent and has a super moisturizing formula. That said, it is a little dull. My mum had borrowed mine for a couple of weeks(she's a couple of shades darker than me and has a medium/wheatish complexion) and darker lips-she gave it back I me saying it was too dull for her. PS- On me, it's not as pinkish as it looks in some of the pictures uploaded here.