December 18, 2014 | 1658 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer strips for Hazel eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i love these colors, i have brown eyes but i like these colors best, the case is hard plastic and the edges have poked holes in most of my makeup pouches but ill just buy the tougher ones, because i love it so much, i also have all the nude collection and i love playing with all the color combos. has pretty good staying power too

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

This is the absolute best palette of browns that I have ever tried. I have blue eyes and I've found that this palette works better for me than the one for blue eyes. I'm not sure what it is about the shades but they look so natural and blend together so well to create many different looks. I also like how there are pictures of the natural to dramatic looks on the package which you can create with the 3 trios of browns. Plus as I have sensitive eyes I've got to be careful with all my eye makeup and this palette is perfect with no irritation caused. For a drugstore brand it is a bit expensive though I think it's worth the price as they perform so well! Also the applicator that comes in the package is excellent, as it has a sloped shape it's perfect for blending colours onto the lid, crease or outer rim of my eyes. This palette is a must have for anyone who loves the natural smokey eyed look and if you're a blue eyed girl give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Everythingbeautynyc

I have them all and I like them, I think they are worth it, because they are safe on the eyes and dont cause me to have any kind of reaction that is negative, some eye products do cause a bad reaction, and I like these because they do not bother my eyes, they work well wet or dry, and as long as you use a primer you get really good pigmentation and there are high end products that are not as good as these, that costs far more money. These are mostly on the shimmery side, but are very wearable and brighten the eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by taylersue

It is very pigmented BUT if you have oily eyelids this isn't for you. I have oily eyelids and it creases HORRIBLY. You have to use primer with the eye shadow but it is very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this eyeshadow palette. I have hazel green eyes and I like the colors in this a lot better than the pop green eyes palette. I have both the regular hazel and the pop hazel eye palettes. The regular hazel eyes is my favorite, the shades are gorgeous. I am not nuts about the packaging on these palettes or the applicator, but it is such a great value and a fantastic product, so I am willing to forgive the bulky packaging. I usually use them at home, because they take up a lot of space in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Physicians Formula is actually a brand that I've been waning to try for the longest time but couldn't because I don't have it sold anywhere near me. However, when my aunt came to visit us, she gave me this palette and I was more than excited to try them right then and there.
Let me start of by saying that I do not have hazel eyes. I have dark brown eyes--almost black and yet, I find these colors work best for my skintone, not much my eyes. I find that the reason why they labeled it this way is so that people not that experienced with makeup could have a guide as to what to wear to make their eyes pop more. However with me, I like this because among all of the colors, this is the most neutral of the bunch, and being a nuetrals girl, this is the palette wherein I'd most use all of the colors.
Even though the palette I think is being sold at $10, I find it a huge bargain since you get a total of 9 shadows that are very complimentary, meaning the first 3 are for day time looks, the sencod 3 are more of a date time look, and the last are for night time, evening, neutral smokey look. But again, despite the pairing, I would use these eyeshadows any other way as any palette wherein I'd mix and match these shades. I find it also a perfect size to bring with me everywhere I go. Since these are most neutrals, I love putting this in my bag and it gives me the same looks as I would get in a palette such as Urban Decay's Naked 2. (ie. cooler toned neutrals). These are again very shimmery, though the pigmentation is okay, I don't find them having the same quality in pigmentation as the Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon ones, which still remain as my favorite eyeshadows thus far.
These do tend to fade after a few hours, which is why when you're going to be out the whole day, better bring this with you because you may want to touch up, or even change up your look from day to night.
All in all a great product and I'm very glad I got this. Will definitely check out more products from this line if I get to. Highly recommend you guys get this. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my second one of these. I have hazel eyes, so I am a sucker for stuff designated for "me". I love all the colors--although I will say on this new one (I've had it about a month) I think all the pinks are pretty much the same. Which I don't recall thinking that about my first one...but oh well. I can deal with it. The highlight shades are great, the two darkest browns can be used to create a smoky eye. My favorite "strip" is the brown strip third from the end opposite the 'Physicians Formula'. Not the gold one, but the other one. LOVE that particular color, and I wear it most days.
I think the pigmentation is excellent, the formula is good--smooth and very blendable. The brush that comes with it is actually decent for applying shadow as eyeliner. Really, my only complaint is the pinks basically all being the same. And I wish some of the brown strips were the fatter ones, lol. Oh, and the lid. Why in the world does it open long-ways?!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was one of my first shadow purchases when I was just starting out. I thought they were the best thing ever compared to the old wet n wild etc that I had at the time. I own much pricier shadows now but still find myself reaching for this. The shadows are very soft and easy to blend. Some of the colors are very similar but it doesnt bug me cause that just means I have a larger quantity of what I like. I didnt buy this for variety anyway, just for something that was good for an everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by biancaymark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great payoff, applicator is not too good though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by moosie4154

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These colors are very wearable and appropriate for day...if I want a daytime smokey look I almost always reach for this palette. I can't say that about too many other palettes I own! They are easily intensified for night as well. They aren't as easy to work with as other shadows but the staying power is fantastic...a no brainer trade off! I have green eyes and enjoy this palette more than the one designated for green eyes. The shadows themselves are rather shimmery but mixed and blended with matte shadows, they work beautifully. Very fun palette to experiment with once you get it home!