Queen by Queen Latifah

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Hate it!!! That is all!!

on 3/16/2015 7:41:00 AM

I was regretting spraying this on myself at first, because of the strong initial scent! The top notes of this perfume remind me of Liz Claiborne's Mambo...egh!! Fruity but in a very strange way....the base notes aren't bad, although you do have to wait at least an hour to enjoy them....there are definitely parts of this fragrance that have me thinking "Angel" (which I do like in small doses--but on myself to smell constantly Angel gives me a migraine). Overall, I would not re-purchase this fragrance but the base notes are definitely pretty and tolerable, just nothing I want to wait for past the initial weird fruit/spice smell. Not terrible, but not a keeper for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My girlfriend bought me this for Valentine's Day, so I admittedly wear it to please her more than for myself. The first sniff while it's still in the air is exactly like Ciara, but it quickly dries down into a slightly incense-y vanilla with a strong fresh/clean note. I've noticed that on some people, it smells almost exactly like BBW's new Wild Madagascar Vanilla. On me, it only seems to last about 5 hours, which is kinda disappointing considering all the reviews here that mention good longevity. Most fragrances that are even a little sweet will go flat-out nauseatingly saccharine on my skin, but Queen didn't, which impressed me - it gets sweeter as it dries down, but it's never too much. I also liked the bottle - it's very modern and stylized, sexy and a little cute all at once.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this sight unsniffed just based on reviews because it was a factory sealed 100 mL bottle discounted to $10 CAD at Rexall. I didn't really expect it to smell like cognac -and it doesn't. It's the exact vanilla I was looking for. Creamy, spicy, a little smoky with a touch of freshness from the patchouli. When I first spritz it on I smell fresh musk (patchouli) and a dark roast coffee like espresso note. It then continues to evolves beautifully on my skin and hair. Smells far more expensive and not at all like a perfume-mill celebuscent. I love the heavy red glass geometric bottle. I would pay full price for it but, scoring it for $10 makes it even better. Was tempted to go back for a second bottle. Didn't because I'm trying to curb that habit. :) If I ran out, I would definitely repurchase if it is still available.

on 8/28/2014 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Vanilla; cognac; patchouli & incense: I appreciate all four of these notes as they present themselves in Queen Latifah Queen. The sweet, foody vanilla; boozy cognac; and incense spices lend to it a cozy, gourmand, holiday aroma -- sort of like a rich, winter season dessert or eggnog.

Even with liberal spritzing, however, Queen doesn't lasting very long on me -- either that, or I'm simply suffering from olfactory fatigue after a short span of time.

It is very inexpensive though, so having to frequently re-apply is no problem where cost is a concern.

on 7/27/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this after reading positive things about it on the Fragrance Board. I got a 1.7 oz bottle for under 8 bucks so I just couldn't resist since I love vanilla fragrances. It didn't disappoint and it's one of my new favorites! This is a creamy, spicy vanilla that is so easy to wear and I can see it working for almost any occasion. A real gem!!

on 4/16/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff! I got it for Christmas and laughed a little bit. Then I tried it and it smells so good on me. Its like spice candy. I have to say I was a pleasantly surprise.

on 6/17/2013 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sorry but this just smelt like baby urine to me. I think it's the patchouli or the alcoholic/boozy note.

on 3/25/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A nice winter scent! Give the impression of expensive but it is not!

on 12/18/2012 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was a blind buy. Yes the worst kind of purchases. I was intrigued after reading a ton of reviews here and fragrantica, I wanted a nice wintery christmas type perfume. This isn't it.

It does blast out with a huge sweet fruitiness to it, instantly it reminded me of something like sensual amber from bath and body works, as it dries down, the fruit is more muted and there is I dunno a slightly soury incensy almost like dryer sheet smell. I was hoping for wood, cognac, anything that the description said! But no :(

Overall, I think this smells similiar to a lot of things, hence dryer sheets and other overly fruity perfumes, which I have a a slew of already. What I don't have is warm, sensual woody, curl up with a warm blanket and hot cocoa type fragrance. Where are those?? Any suggestions are wanted.

Popular Fragrances