Queen by Queen Latifah

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this sight unsniffed just based on reviews because it was a factory sealed 100 mL bottle discounted to $10 CAD at Rexall. I didn't really expect it to smell like cognac -and it doesn't. It's the exact vanilla I was looking for. Creamy, spicy, a little smoky with a touch of freshness from the patchouli. When I first spritz it on I smell fresh musk (patchouli) and a dark roast coffee like espresso note. It then continues to evolves beautifully on my skin and hair. Smells far more expensive and not at all like a perfume-mill celebuscent. I love the heavy red glass geometric bottle. I would pay full price for it but, scoring it for $10 makes it even better. Was tempted to go back for a second bottle. Didn't because I'm trying to curb that habit. :) If I ran out, I would definitely repurchase if it is still available.

on 8/28/2014 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Vanilla; cognac; patchouli & incense: I appreciate all four of these notes as they present themselves in Queen Latifah Queen. The sweet, foody vanilla; boozy cognac; and incense spices lend to it a cozy, gourmand, holiday aroma -- sort of like a rich, winter season dessert or eggnog.

Even with liberal spritzing, however, Queen doesn't lasting very long on me -- either that, or I'm simply suffering from olfactory fatigue after a short span of time.

It is very inexpensive though, so having to frequently re-apply is no problem where cost is a concern.

on 7/27/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this after reading positive things about it on the Fragrance Board. I got a 1.7 oz bottle for under 8 bucks so I just couldn't resist since I love vanilla fragrances. It didn't disappoint and it's one of my new favorites! This is a creamy, spicy vanilla that is so easy to wear and I can see it working for almost any occasion. A real gem!!

on 4/16/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff! I got it for Christmas and laughed a little bit. Then I tried it and it smells so good on me. Its like spice candy. I have to say I was a pleasantly surprise.

on 6/17/2013 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm sorry but this just smelt like baby urine to me. I think it's the patchouli or the alcoholic/boozy note.

on 3/25/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A nice winter scent! Give the impression of expensive but it is not!

on 12/18/2012 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was a blind buy. Yes the worst kind of purchases. I was intrigued after reading a ton of reviews here and fragrantica, I wanted a nice wintery christmas type perfume. This isn't it.

It does blast out with a huge sweet fruitiness to it, instantly it reminded me of something like sensual amber from bath and body works, as it dries down, the fruit is more muted and there is I dunno a slightly soury incensy almost like dryer sheet smell. I was hoping for wood, cognac, anything that the description said! But no :(

Overall, I think this smells similiar to a lot of things, hence dryer sheets and other overly fruity perfumes, which I have a a slew of already. What I don't have is warm, sensual woody, curl up with a warm blanket and hot cocoa type fragrance. Where are those?? Any suggestions are wanted.

on 12/10/2012 3:55:00 AM

A friend gave me a bottle of Queen. I really like it. At first, it is a bit sharp but it quickly develops into a sensuous creamy vanilla scent on me. I've been told that I smell nice when I wear Queen.

on 12/5/2012 5:06:00 AM

So lovely, this fragrance is devine, and the price.....so affordable. If only more celebs would offer us fragrances of this calibre.

on 11/14/2012 2:59:00 PM

It's a fine scent. I see how people pick up notes of Angel (which I personally cannot stand). It's well-blended and in it's category of warm/vanilla/oriental, it could probably hold its own even against contenders that cost up to 10 times as much. I bought my bottle for $7. That is dirt cheap. The bottle is not to my taste, reminds me of something from BBW. Back to the fragrance, it doesn't smell of anything particular on me, as in, I can't pick out notes at all. It's just kind of warm and cuddly, which in and of itself is nice. If it went missing from my collection, I wouldn't hurry out and buy some more, just because it's not very distinctive and while nice, doesn't give me that much enjoyment. It might be my chemistry, or my love of things that are a little more tart or unusual. But this is a fine overall fragrance choice that smells much more expensive than it is. I wouldn't call it intriguing, sexy, powerful, or any adjective other than winter-cuddly. But maybe on someone else's skin...Edited update: When I woke up the next morning, it smelled absolutely wonderful. Developed a creamy sophistication that was really really nice. Now I see the reason for the other high ratings. If it developed into this latter fragrance more quickly on my skin, I would give it 5 stars. Body chemistry is so individual. If you like this category of fragrance, for $7 or so, you can't go wrong by giving this a try.

Popular Fragrances