November 28, 2014 | 956 users online

Fragrances - Queen by Queen Latifah

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Soie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Vanilla; cognac; patchouli & incense: I appreciate all four of these accords as they present themselves in Queen Latifah Queen. The sweet vanilla; boozy cognac; and incense spices, however lend to it a cozy gourmand holiday aroma -- sort of like a rich winter season dessert or nog.

With a liberal spritzing, however, it doesn't lasting very long on me, either that or I'm simply suffering from olfactory fatigue after a short span of time. It is very inexpesive though, so having to frequently re-apply is no problem where cost is a concern.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading positive things about it on the Fragrance Board. I got a 1.7 oz bottle for under 8 bucks so I just couldn't resist since I love vanilla fragrances. It didn't disappoint and it's one of my new favorites! This is a creamy, spicy vanilla that is so easy to wear and I can see it working for almost any occasion. A real gem!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by STARGRIFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I got it for Christmas and laughed a little bit. Then I tried it and it smells so good on me. Its like spice candy. I have to say I was a pleasantly surprise.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by PresKitten22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry but this just smelt like baby urine to me. I think it's the patchouli or the alcoholic/boozy note.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by fevans404

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice winter scent! Give the impression of expensive but it is not!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

This was a blind buy. Yes the worst kind of purchases. I was intrigued after reading a ton of reviews here and fragrantica, I wanted a nice wintery christmas type perfume. This isn't it.

It does blast out with a huge sweet fruitiness to it, instantly it reminded me of something like sensual amber from bath and body works, as it dries down, the fruit is more muted and there is I dunno a slightly soury incensy almost like dryer sheet smell. I was hoping for wood, cognac, anything that the description said! But no :(

Overall, I think this smells similiar to a lot of things, hence dryer sheets and other overly fruity perfumes, which I have a a slew of already. What I don't have is warm, sensual woody, curl up with a warm blanket and hot cocoa type fragrance. Where are those?? Any suggestions are wanted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by coley

A friend gave me a bottle of Queen. I really like it. At first, it is a bit sharp but it quickly develops into a sensuous creamy vanilla scent on me. I've been told that I smell nice when I wear Queen.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by efmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So lovely, this fragrance is devine, and the price.....so affordable. If only more celebs would offer us fragrances of this calibre.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a fine scent. I see how people pick up notes of Angel (which I personally cannot stand). It's well-blended and in it's category of warm/vanilla/oriental, it could probably hold its own even against contenders that cost up to 10 times as much. I bought my bottle for $7. That is dirt cheap. The bottle is not to my taste, reminds me of something from BBW. Back to the fragrance, it doesn't smell of anything particular on me, as in, I can't pick out notes at all. It's just kind of warm and cuddly, which in and of itself is nice. If it went missing from my collection, I wouldn't hurry out and buy some more, just because it's not very distinctive and while nice, doesn't give me that much enjoyment. It might be my chemistry, or my love of things that are a little more tart or unusual. But this is a fine overall fragrance choice that smells much more expensive than it is. I wouldn't call it intriguing, sexy, powerful, or any adjective other than winter-cuddly. But maybe on someone else's skin...Edited update: When I woke up the next morning, it smelled absolutely wonderful. Developed a creamy sophistication that was really really nice. Now I see the reason for the other high ratings. If it developed into this latter fragrance more quickly on my skin, I would give it 5 stars. Body chemistry is so individual. If you like this category of fragrance, for $7 or so, you can't go wrong by giving this a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

1-The bottle is very pretty and elegant
2-This perfume lasts longer on me than any other one I own
3-I cannot smell any patchouli (which I hate, so that good)
4-It's an elegant grown up scent, but nowhere near that generic perfumey scent, more deep,dry vanillas and musk

I love this perfume, hands down. I wear it only on special occasions and when I do, everyone comments on it.