September 2, 2014 | 952 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Garnier Pure Active Spot-On Treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

I bought this when I got a large painful zit on my chin. It's cooling but it did not help with pain or swelling. The zit is still there but is not as swollen now but that would have happened with or without this gel. Waste of 14$ which is not even that cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Koschira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I have acne prone combination skin which tends to go dry somtimes. The Garnier roll on did help me in reducing my blackheads and acne. But I did not apply it to just one pimple and thus doing spot treatment. If you have acne you have to apply it on the whole area. Not just on every single pimple but cover the area, because if you deal with salicylic acid you have to apply it on the whole area for it to work. This product gave me dry patches but I use a good moisturizer so it's not that bad. And if you bear through with this it can help your skin a lot.
Packaging was ok. Would def. buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Basically this product is to put on your pimples. If you have severe acne I dont reccomend this for you BUT if you are like me and get the odd pimple here and there then honestly this is a LIFE SAVER! My pimples take days, maybe even a whole week before they clear up! If you like popping them like me then this is challenging because you are not to touch your pimple while using this.. Just roll this on to the pimple and leave it. It will be rid of those pimples twice as fast and it will clear up the smaller ones almost overnight! I swear by this product and will most certainly purchase it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Shoons101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Just start using this product 2 days ago, had a VERY sore cyst type spot and its significantly reduced the swelling after one night and this morning! it's a new product in Ireland and extremely cheap (about EURO4.50) as it has Salicylic Acid in it. First time I've seen Salicylic products sold here, so excited 2 see if my skin clears :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really helps to get rid of spots quickly, and the roll-on is a great advantage - because you don't apply it with your finger, there's no bacteria transfer to your face (a very good tip for avoiding spots!)
+ve :)
- roll-on, so increases face hygiene
- maximum concentration of salyic acid - dries up the spots in no time
- definitely reduces swelling, and dramatically increases healing time
- packaging has lots of info on the product and ingredients
- products lasts a long time, so it makes the price worth while
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tip: store the product upside down, so the roller is facing down, that way the product is always ready for use (and you get every last drop out when it's finished)
--ve :(
- it's quite expensive, but it does last quite a while, so it's a bit of a trade off in the long run
!!!!!! it can make your skin more sensitive to UVA !!!!!! make sure you wear face cream with at least spf 15 when using this product (it does say this on the packaging on the back)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by blueberrycheesecake

It gave a cooling sensation after being applied. A couple of hours upon application, there was a significant improvement in my pimples. It's also very easy and convenient to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by littlellamadrama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I admit that this is pretty expensive for such a small tube, but it has lasted me so long that it is definitely worth it.

I first bought this because the face mask from the same line was effective in drying out my pimples. But since I didn't want to keep using the face mask, I tried buying this. Lo and behold it would dry up my pimple so fast. I would usually put it on at night so when I woke up in the morning, it's dry and no longer as noticeable. After a few days, the pimple would be gone. And I absolutely love it.

However, it's not really effective with blemishes and pimple scars that I've attained before using this product. And even on the pimple scars left by the pimples I've treated with this product are hard to get rid of.

But I would absolutely buy this product again as my go to pimple drying solution.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't find this very effective. I have mild, hormonal acne and I think this might have helped a little bit, but really not that much. I am torn on the roll-on thing - I guess the cooling feel is quite nice, but other than that I don't really see the point. And is it hygienic? Since it's for acne, aren't you just recycling bacteria? Anyway, I threw mine out the other day because it was just cluttering up my bathroom. I keep buying products so bathroom space is at a premium!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Kitooo

I bought this when I had a very painful cyst that was swelling like mad. I applied this treatment and thankfully the swelling reduced within a few hours. At the time I was very impressed. However since improving my skin care regime and no longer suffering from deep acne, I found this product useless. It does nothing for surface acne and doesn't do anything for pigmentation like it claims. Its very expensive and I found the roll on packaging very annoying. Even though I can hear some product left in the pen when I shake it, nothing seems to want to come out anymore and it leaves build up on the ball. I think it is better to invest your money in good acne cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by bitterchoc0787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this product. It's very effective on pimples but it's also pretty harsh. While it dries out the pimple, it also dries out the skin around it causing my skin to flake. However, I absolutely love it for purging out the whiteheads underneath the skin, the kind that no matter how you squeeze and use hot compresses on, never comes out still. I just apply this for about 1 or 2 nights and the whitehead just pops out with a light squeeze. It's making my skin almost perfect!