E.L.F. Royal Purple

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Nitrocellulose, Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Iron Oxides(CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.6 Lake (CI 15850), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I scored a 5 pc mani set @ BL for just $2.50 which had this shade Royal Purple as well as Berry Pink. The Royal Purple was so pretty I just had to have it and esp for that price ow could I pass it up. They are still dirt cheap full price $2 on the website. The bottle itself feels cheap in my hands..its the cap that is odd. I have to twist it more than I thought in order to secure the cap. Anyway the color....just gorgeous on me NC25. Its definitely a royal purple that would look amazing with gold as an accent. The formula was tricky to use but not impossible. It is thin and will pull if you dont wait for it to dry between coats. This needs 3 coats for sure to get the shade of the bottle. I also made the last coat a little thick. The formula evens out nicely. I topped it off with Seche Vite & it is gorgeous like I knew it would be. I did dishes 3 times and scrubbed my dog down in the tub before it got my first small chip on my thumbnail. That is actually very very impressive! (All that plus I chase my two small toddlers around all day long). Its not the best formula out there & is a little tricky to get right but like I said..it isnt impossible. Overall it is a good polish and I would buy this shade again. My first time using ELF polishes. Next up is the berry pink shade. :)

on 5/27/2012 1:05:00 PM

Mine does`nt look like the product picture? It is a true deep shimmery purple and mine is not leaning towards blue.

A one-coater, if you apply a pretty generous layer without going over the top. I love the formula, because it does not dry too fast so I can go over it with a little more on the brush and not ruin the application. I use it for layering. At the moment I have a basecoat, one coat of Royal Purple, one coat of Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope, two coats of Kleancolor Chunky Holo Black and two coats of Seche Vite.
It looks heavenly. And not too thick at all, thanks to the *only one coat needed* of Royal Purple! Love. Edit 06/23/2012: Sadly this shade is staining my nails very yellow, so I have to remove two lippies. And no repurchase. Sad, because this is almost a one-coater.

on 12/15/2010 6:56:00 PM

Compared to the other polishes I own from ELF, this one probably had the worst application, formula, and overall quality as my others, which is sad because it's one of the most gorgeous colors in my opinion :) Unfortunately, I don't think I would purchase this particular ELF polish again.

on 9/24/2010 6:09:00 AM

What the hell, this nail polish is brilliant. Instead of just plain black try layering this over it, and unless you never ever use your hands, nail polish will chip.

on 9/20/2010 4:59:00 PM

This is pretty and applies fine, but is nothing special. I can't attest to the staying power at the moment, as it's only on my toes and polish there last forever!

on 3/26/2010 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is such a gorgeous colour I love it,its a shame it doesn`t last very long chips easily.It doesn`t dry vey quickly neither.

on 2/11/2010 10:04:00 PM

I picked this one up during the holidays in the trio pack called "Jewel Tone" Honestly this is a really pretty purple, but it didn't last as long as I would have liked. I'm not going to complain too much since it was only $1. E.L.F does have better nail polish, so don't let this bad polish turn you off to their other colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'm really disappointed with the Elf polishes. The colors are gorgeous but they don't last.

on 1/22/2010 12:42:00 PM

i really wanted to love this...it's a gorgeous colour and it was only $1. unfortunately, the formula is terrible! (this is my only bottle of e.l.f. nail polish, so i can't attest to the other colors). Even with base / top coats per usual, this polish chipped in less than 2 days! I've worn it that one time only, so now it just sits in the drawer looking pretty hah. good news...i did find an almost identical colour in color club polish -> "rev'd up". go for that one :)

on 7/26/2009 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just love this color. SO pretty!! I wish it would lash longer and dont chip so easliy, but what can you say, the price is unbeatable!!
This is so far one of my favorite nail color from their collections.

Popular Polishes