October 31, 2014 | 1094 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Pure Blends eyeshadow - 230 Oatmeal

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by joongielover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This isn't really one of my favorite Pure Blends eye shadows, but I do love this color. I find this a bit sheer and it's lighter when applied on the lids. I wish it was a matte instead of a velvety pearl. I think these kinds of light brown taupey colors would look lovely as a matte. But anyway, for this color it's sheer but enough to help blend out colors and maybe contour your eyes. It's pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I swatched this color onto my hand I was disappointed that no color really showed onto my hand. Then I applied it to my lids and the color pay off was much better, this eyeshadow is like a taupe with a frost (or satin....)finish. What I discovered is if you use a Revlon Illuminance cream shadows, either in moonlit jewels or copper canyon. And you take that copper-y bronze color in the quad, apply it on the lid and then put Oatmeal on top it brings out the color soo much! Without having the cream base I feel like the shadow is not as vibrant. I use this on my lids and then I apple a matte brown color right into the outer corner and into the crease, tada! There's my everyday neutral look. Not a fan of the packaging, though I like how it's made of recycled material. I find $7.99 is too much for ONE shadow so I would get this during BOGOF.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

If you're like me the name "oatmeal" is a bit offputting, but the color is actually pretty nice. It's a slightly shimmery taupe shade. I already had three of Almay's Pure Blends shadows and I love all of them. They're not insanely pigmented but to me, that makes sense: natural product, natural look. And personally, I like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty pale taupe with a bit of sheen to it. Very pretty, and pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by VNicola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty taupe with a satin finish. It is soft and blended well. The packaging is bulky.