July 28, 2014 | 1050 users online

Loose Powders - Boots - No. 7 Perfect Light Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

This is decent powder, it does the job, but needs to be re-applied fairly frequently. For the price though, it's good and lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

GREAT stuff! I have been using Boots Perfect Light loose powder in Translucent off and on for a couple years. It does not disappoint, unlike some other powders I've tried. With this, I get a "like my skin but better" look, provided I apply with a light hand. I use a fluffy powder brush and tap off excess powder before applying. I wear this on its own to help even out skin tone and have a more polished look, and dust a tiny bit over concealer (a must for undereye concealer to help prevent fading). I have combination skin (oily t-zone, normal cheek area prone to dryness and sensitivity during colder months) and this hasn't clogged pores or led to breakouts which is a huge plus. It's gentle and non-irritating, and very finely milled so it does not at all look caked on or too powdery. Coverage for the translucent shade is very sheer, so it's good for a dusting over foundation or concealer, or on its own if your skin is fairly clear. The packaging has been changed from the original- it now comes in a clear container with a black lid that screws on. Overall, a nice powder for a natural finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by BeautifullyPure

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Powder is ok, but I'm not a fan of loose powder. I only bought it because my favorite pressed powder was sold out and I was completely out. The powder works ok, but because it's loose powder I always end up putting too much on and it looks cakey. The worst part, however, is the packaging. It's terrible and the powder gets everywhere! Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this powder occludes my pores and makes me break out. It's probably not a bad option for someone with normal skin, but one of the ingredients just doesn't like me. I'm also not a fan of the packaging. I prefer to shake some powder into the lid and apply with a brush. This packaging makes that difficult. Not a keeper for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Love this powder. I use this over the Boots no. 7 Lifting and Firming Foundation spf 15, after applying the Boots Intense Serum. The finish is lovely .... light, not cakey at all, sheer and yet very mattifying, and very soft-focused. I have a very oily t-zone and dry cheeks, and this powder mattifies my oily areas without looking cakey, and yet it doesn't highlight my dry areas or make them look flakey or chalky. Just really does a good job of balancing my skin and leaving it look like it is just naturally pretty. I use a big, fluffy powder brush to apply it, and the finish is just perfect. Very happy. I got this in translucent and it looks truly translucent on me - it does not contribute any pink, yellow, orange or any color at all. HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

UPDATE: This is an excellent quality powder. It's actually as good or even better than many high end powders I have tried - and I've tried many. The only reason I took off one lippie is the shade - when I bought it, it seemed neutral and sheer, but only when I've worn this over my foundation have I realised that in fact it is a little peachy/pinky.
Hence, though it looks fine on my face it ends up accentuating the shade difference between my face (pink) and the neck-chest area (yellow). How unfortunate, given that the quality is so good. If they introduce a true yellow-based shade I'll snap it up in a heartbeat! P.S. My foundation is Chanel Matte Lumiere in shade Clair 20 - a nice, yellow-based shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by goldfishblowfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first experience with a Boots product. I got this from Target for $11.99. The packaging is absolutely beautiful, better than some high-end stuff I have. I LOVE that there is an internal lid that screws onto the sifter to keep the powder from going everywhere. Because of that lid, one shake gives you the amount. I have the translucent powder, and it is incredibly light. I don't feel like I have a bunch of product caked on my face. I have normal to dry skin, and putting a light dusting of this over my foundation keeps it in place all day. Because of the quality of the product I got and for what I paid, I feel like I should have paid twice what I did. My new HG powder :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I agree with the comments about how great the packaging is. I have Boots' portable brush-with-powder somewhere in one of my bags but I can't find it and I have been toting around the loose powder pot in my bag with great success. The twist-on top keeps powder from going too crazy in the sifter, and the powder itself is light and airy--feels like nothing on my skin! Good shine control too. I normally put a light coat on before I leave at 730 AM and could use another light dusting at 11am and again at 2pm...and again before I leave work, that is just how my skin is, but this powder is so light that it doesn't feel heavy or cakey.

This is my HG powder...it used to be FreshMinerals translucent but that is very hard to find, and I think the Boots is just as great if not better. I use this with my own brush. Puffs get too weighty after a few uses with my skin. I love how this feels like I have nothing on! And you can't see it on my skin. Great powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Missstyletips101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i had a 5 off no 7 products so i though y no i only cost me 5.50

and i have to say

its perfect

light dosent make my look orange keeps my foundation on all day

5/5

worth even the full price
also the packageing is great clean and tidy no spills

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this loose powder for several months now and I have to say that it is one of the best that I have used. I purchased the Translucent version so that I can use it to set my foundation. First of all, it's fragrance free, somthing that is hard to find these days. Second, the oval packaging is ingenious because it has both a sifter and a screw on top which houses the powder puff separately from the powder itself and then there is another snap on top. It really minimizes the mess that a loose powder can create. The finish is matte but without the powdery, chalky look of some powders. It is absorbent enough that it keeps my makeup fresh without overly drying my skin. I love the soft, polished it gives my skin. I wear it over several different foundations that I own, including Josie Maran's Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15, Boots True Identity Foundation, Good Skin All Firm Foundation and Paula's Choice Sheer Matte Tint Tinted Moisturizer, all with great success. This oval container looks like it will last a long time. And finally, the price, well you can't beat it: Target: $10.99.