April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Concealers - L.A. Colors - Expressions Concealer BCS300 Nude

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

For starters, don't use this as a concealer. It sucks for that purpose.

But this is my HG eye primer. For dry eyelids, this is wonderful because it is a more wet formula. It holds the color on very nicely, and it lasts so long. In high school, I had to buy my own makeup and I used this as eye primer, because it was $1 and I could easily get it. You can find it at Family Dollar, Dollar General, or some Dollar Trees. I remember wearing eyeshadow to this event where I was running around all day in the heat and sweating, and 10 hours later my shadows still had not creased. This primer also held my eyeshadows on through homecoming, Sadie, and prom. Y'all, please don't feel like you need to spend your money on Urban Decay or Too Faced. Give this a try, because it is really a wonderful eye primer, and it is a steal for the price. Please think about picking this up next time you are at the store and trying it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I read a random review on the foundation & this concealer online. Someone said fabulous things about it and I thought I'd give it a try. I went right home and attempted to try both out. The concealer applied just fine. I took the doe-foot applicator and applied a dot to the back of my hand. You can see that the concealer is there until you attempt to blend. Patting or rubbing will cause this to disappear. There is no coverage what-so-ever. I tried so hard to make it work but nothing I did got it to actually cover anything.
Overall for $1 a piece it wasn't a complete waste. I might actually empty out the containers and use them for other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG PRODUCT HERE! now i dont use this a concealer- im talking about his being the best eye primer ive tried ever! I have this in the shade Nude which is the lightest available shade. i wish they would make more shades esp a lighter one bc i would try this as a concealer but its too dark for under my eyes or spot concealing. Nude is the lightest shade though so i picked it up & gave it a shot as a concealer but it was too dark so one day i decided to run a test on concealers & eye primers & believe it or not but LA Colors Concealer won by a landslid even tied with my Mac Painterly Paintpot :)
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- i paid $1 for my concealer. ive seen it from $1-$1.50 in my area. i find my LA Colors at Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar & Cherry Culture. some people have said at Wet Seal too i think?
SHADES/FORMULA- Nude is the lightest available shade. there is only around 5 shades available but all are around the same shade. Nude is a light beige shade that would fit Fair tones, it has more of a neutral undertone. i wish it were lighter & had more of a cool undertone bc id love it as a concealer. Formula is a thicker consistency. it does spread pretty well. you got a little bit of time to spread it out. as a concealer, it didnt settle in to fine lines until about 5 hrs later i saw it slightly oxidizing around the outer eye area. im not sure if it reacted with my eye primer? its hard for me to review it as a concealer since ive only used it once but as a eye primer- it goes on the lid so nicely- covers all the redness/viens/discoloration. it provides a smooth canvas for my shadows. it does leave a slightly tacky finish for a tiny bit so that makes the shadows stick & helps the pigmentation on my less pigmented shadows. its not that its "sticky" but it allows the shadows to cling to your eye without being cakey or stuck. im able to apply & blend out shadows so easily. this for real leaves my shadows looking amazing for hours longer than ive ever got them to do. so if you hated it as a concealer- try it as a eye primer- i love it!! i use it almost everyday (i do use my Elf Eyelid primers which i love too but this one is a tad better)
PACKAGING- this is a typical hard plastic tube with a screw lid that is connected to a doe foot applicator wand. its clear hard plastic with black labeling/logo with a gloss black screw on lid. the doe foot applicator is great for applying to your lid. or you could always use your hand if you dont want to contaminate the bottle. overall, def like most concealers/primers. its sturdy enough that it wont break on you & make sure to twist it tight to close properly to ensure it wont dry out on you. i have also cut it open to get all the concealer out on my first tube. im now on my second & 1/2 way done which im sure ill end up cuttin off the stopper to get to all the product. you could even take out the plastic piece/noozle that takes off the excess. its not like the UDPP genie bottle where you get nothing out of it. its straight but im a freak about getting out all the product of things. i know, its $1 open up the next one- nope not until i use it all up! i love it so much its worth me doing it.

Overall, as a concealer, not great for me since its too dark! but as an eye primer- the best around. i cant believe i found this out & im so glad i did bc my eyeshadow looks so much better and stays put for hours & hours. if i use this, after a long 8 hrs at work- my eyeshadows have not creased or faded at all. even my eyeliners stay put longer with this! its for real a little miracle worker- have repurchased & will continue to buy as my go to #1 eye primer!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by 1SAMMY1

Ok. it was extremely cheap i'll give it that, but there's a reason for that........ it sucked. I personally thought it was completely useless. Anyway its not like i wasted a bunch of cash on it so..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

This concealer was just an impulse buy at Dollar Tree. I was intrigued by the saying on the package "Full Cover" and for only a dollar, I threw it in my basket. I applied this in nautral lighting and indoor lighting and found that Nude was a perfect match for my skintone. However, it doesn't cover anything! Nothing! This stuff is like tinted water! I applied it to a blemish and under one eye and found no coverage. Also, I think this fades within 2 minutes. Lol, you apply this and instantly it's gone. For a dollar, it wasn't worth swapping for so I threw it in the trash. I wish I could rate this concealer a big fat Zero!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ReallyRoyalty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Iím always looking for that perfect concealer to cover my dark circles. This is definitely not it.
Pros: Itís inexpensive. $1 at most Dollar Tree stores, and other dollar store chains. Nice packaging, sleeker and more modern than some of the other LA Colors products. Iím in between a light and medium complexion, so I always have issues trying to find a good match in concealers. Nude was perfect for me. The shades I saw in the store tend to run a bit on the dark side. If youíre in between skin tones like I am, that may work in your favor. It doesnít catch in the creases under my eyes, so thatís always a good thing.
Cons: Iíve never had such a sticky concealer in my life. It feels smooth going on, but an hour after putting it on itís still sticky to the touch. A little gluey feeling. Setting powder is a must if you donít want sticky undereyes. Itís a very sheer coverage, not nearly enough for my circles.
If you want a really sheer concealer, and you are prepared to always use setting powder, then maybe youíll like this one. Personally if I want something that sheer Iíd use foundation. This really doesnít do a good job of concealing at all. I canít recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I'm really impressed with how smoothly this applies and what a great color match it is for my NW20 ish skin. It blends in really well. I haven't worn in for long yet, so i can't comment on the longevity and it hasn't broken me out yet either. I'll re-review in a couple of weeks with a more accurate assessment.

Pros:
Price, $1 at the Dollar Tree, can we say STEAL
Texture, very smooth and doesn't emphasze lines. It's actually thicker than you would expect.

Cons:
none yet

ETA: I still love this concealer, it is a little drying, but its still really good for a dollar and really blends well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No