December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Concealers - L.A. Colors - Expressions Concealer BCS300 Nude

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ghostofcpast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

No no no no no. This product is so terrible the existence of good reviews for it makes me doubt the reliability of this entire site. This concealer is watery and worthless. I actually did try to use it as an eye primer just to see if I could get it to do one useful thing and it burned my eyelids and lasted about an hour. There's no reason to use this when elf primer is a dollar and NYX concealer is five. There's absolutely no reason to use this when putting brown food coloring and cornstarch in water is so easy and non comadogenic. L. A. Colors makes some surprisingly not terrible things for a dollar but this is NOT one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

For starters, don't use this as a concealer. It sucks for that purpose.

But this is my HG eye primer. For dry eyelids, this is wonderful because it is a more wet formula. It holds the color on very nicely, and it lasts so long. In high school, I had to buy my own makeup and I used this as eye primer, because it was $1 and I could easily get it. You can find it at Family Dollar, Dollar General, or some Dollar Trees. I remember wearing eyeshadow to this event where I was running around all day in the heat and sweating, and 10 hours later my shadows still had not creased. This primer also held my eyeshadows on through homecoming, Sadie, and prom. Y'all, please don't feel like you need to spend your money on Urban Decay or Too Faced. Give this a try, because it is really a wonderful eye primer, and it is a steal for the price. Please think about picking this up next time you are at the store and trying it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I read a random review on the foundation & this concealer online. Someone said fabulous things about it and I thought I'd give it a try. I went right home and attempted to try both out. The concealer applied just fine. I took the doe-foot applicator and applied a dot to the back of my hand. You can see that the concealer is there until you attempt to blend. Patting or rubbing will cause this to disappear. There is no coverage what-so-ever. I tried so hard to make it work but nothing I did got it to actually cover anything.
Overall for $1 a piece it wasn't a complete waste. I might actually empty out the containers and use them for other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG PRODUCT HERE! now i dont use this a concealer- I am reviewing this as an awesome EYE PRIMER! I have this in the shade Nude which is the lightest available shade. i wish they would make more shades esp a lighter one bc i would try this as a concealer but its too dark for under my eyes or spot concealing. Nude is the lightest shade though so i picked it up & gave it a shot as a concealer but it was too dark so one day i decided to run a test on concealers & eye primers & believe it or not but LA Colors Concealer won by a landslid even tied with my Mac Painterly Paintpot :)
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- L.A. Colors Expresssions Concealer can be purchased in most Family Dollar, Dollar General, Dollar Trees and I have also heard Wet Seal may carry a few products. Also, you can order various products on the LA Colors website as well as cherryculture. The availability will vary depending on your location as well as price depending on where you purchase. I purchased mine at Dollar Tree for a $1.00. This concealer will and should not cost no more than $2.00 at the very most. Its so cheap & affordable which makes it even better.
SHADES/FORMULA- Nude is the lightest available shade in my local area.There is only around 5 shades available but all are around the same shade. Nude is a light beige tone that would fit light to medium with fair tones, it leans more on the cool undertone on my lids. i wish it were lighter, alot lighter in color so I could us it as an all over concealer, id love it as a concealer. Formula is a thicker consistency. Its thicker than the Elf Eyelid primer which is almost a dry powder like feel to it, this leans more towards a whipped lotion consistency. It applies easily & blends out nicely with either a brush or finger. The formula is thicker so it will dry a little quicker but it doesn't dry super fast so there is some time to work with it. As a concealer, it didnt settle in to fine lines until about 5 hrs later (I did a spot on my face on day when I knew noone would see me since this shade is way too dark) I saw it slightly oxidizing around the outer eye area. im not sure if it reacted with my eye primer? its hard for me to review it as a concealer since ive only used it once but as a eye primer- it goes on the lid so nicely- covers all the redness/viens/discoloration. it provides a smooth canvas for my shadows. it does leave a slightly tacky finish for a tiny bit so that makes the shadows stick & helps the pigmentation on my less pigmented shadows. its not that its "sticky" but it allows the shadows to cling to your eye without being cakey or stuck. im able to apply & blend out shadows so easily. As a primer, it leaves my shadows looking amazing for hours longer than ive ever got them to do. so if you hated it as a concealer- try it as a eye primer- i love it!! i use it almost everyday (i do use my Elf Eyelid primers which i love too but this one is a tad better)
PACKAGING- this is a typical hard plastic tube with a screw lid that is connected to a doe foot applicator wand. its clear hard plastic with black labeling/logo with a gloss black screw on lid. the doe foot applicator is great for applying to your lid. or you could always use your hand if you dont want to contaminate the bottle. overall, def like most concealers/primers. its sturdy enough that it wont break on you & make sure to twist it tight to close properly to ensure it wont dry out on you. i have also cut it open to get all the concealer out on my first tube. im now on my second & 1/2 way done which im sure ill end up cuttin off the stopper to get to all the product. you could even take out the plastic piece/noozle that takes off the excess. its not like the UDPP genie bottle where you get nothing out of it. its straight but im a freak about getting out all the product out of things. i know, its $1 open up the next one- nope not until i use it all up! i love it so much its worth me doing it.
*update- years later I am still using this as an eye primer on most days. I alternate between Elf & LA Colors. If I am looking for more pigmentation, I reach for this since it makes any eyeshadow show up with great pigmentation.

Overall, as a concealer, not great for me since its too dark! but as an eye primer- the best around. i cant believe i found this out & im so glad i did bc my eyeshadow looks so much better and stays put for hours & hours. if i use this, after a long 8 hrs at work- my eyeshadows have not creased or faded at all. even my eyeliners stay put longer with this! its for real a little miracle worker- have repurchased & will continue to buy as my go to #1 eye primer!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by 1SAMMY1

Ok. it was extremely cheap i'll give it that, but there's a reason for that........ it sucked. I personally thought it was completely useless. Anyway its not like i wasted a bunch of cash on it so..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

This concealer was just an impulse buy at Dollar Tree. I was intrigued by the saying on the package "Full Cover" and for only a dollar, I threw it in my basket. I applied this in nautral lighting and indoor lighting and found that Nude was a perfect match for my skintone. However, it doesn't cover anything! Nothing! This stuff is like tinted water! I applied it to a blemish and under one eye and found no coverage. Also, I think this fades within 2 minutes. Lol, you apply this and instantly it's gone. For a dollar, it wasn't worth swapping for so I threw it in the trash. I wish I could rate this concealer a big fat Zero!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ReallyRoyalty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Iím always looking for that perfect concealer to cover my dark circles. This is definitely not it.
Pros: Itís inexpensive. $1 at most Dollar Tree stores, and other dollar store chains. Nice packaging, sleeker and more modern than some of the other LA Colors products. Iím in between a light and medium complexion, so I always have issues trying to find a good match in concealers. Nude was perfect for me. The shades I saw in the store tend to run a bit on the dark side. If youíre in between skin tones like I am, that may work in your favor. It doesnít catch in the creases under my eyes, so thatís always a good thing.
Cons: Iíve never had such a sticky concealer in my life. It feels smooth going on, but an hour after putting it on itís still sticky to the touch. A little gluey feeling. Setting powder is a must if you donít want sticky undereyes. Itís a very sheer coverage, not nearly enough for my circles.
If you want a really sheer concealer, and you are prepared to always use setting powder, then maybe youíll like this one. Personally if I want something that sheer Iíd use foundation. This really doesnít do a good job of concealing at all. I canít recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I'm really impressed with how smoothly this applies and what a great color match it is for my NW20 ish skin. It blends in really well. I haven't worn in for long yet, so i can't comment on the longevity and it hasn't broken me out yet either. I'll re-review in a couple of weeks with a more accurate assessment.

Pros:
Price, $1 at the Dollar Tree, can we say STEAL
Texture, very smooth and doesn't emphasze lines. It's actually thicker than you would expect.

Cons:
none yet

ETA: I still love this concealer, it is a little drying, but its still really good for a dollar and really blends well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No