MAC Media lipstick

4.4

on 4/18/2015 8:02:00 PM

I really, REALLY love the color of this lipstick, but this is a pain in the butt to use. It took me three or four layers to get a moderately opaque layer of lipstick on my lips, and no matter what I did, the very center of my lips never matched the edge. Also, it creased! The creases of my lips were black because of this lipstick, like I had little lines running vertically through them. It wasn't attractive.

The lipstick lasts a long time, but I can't seem to make it look good. I applied with Mac's lip primer, then the lipstick went on with a brush. I blotted between each application.

I didn't dry out my lips. I just couldn't get it to not crease, and I couldn't get an even application. Will be looking for dupes on this one.

Of all Mac's dark lipsticks I like this and dark side this is a pretty color it has a plum undertone its really nice I wish it was a matte.

on 1/27/2015 9:04:00 PM

This lipstick would be perfect if it wasn't for the problems I had with the formula! I usually love MAC satin finishes, but this one is simply too patchy and applies too unevenly on the lips. The color is gorgeous and my ideal fall/winter shade, but I can't make it work due to patchiness. I recommend the slightly darker matte shade Living Legend if you can get your hands on it- it has even coverage and has a great wear time.

on 12/26/2014 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Media is wonderful if you're trying to go Oxblood on your lips. The colour is a darkened, blackened red with a slight purple tinge. It's redder than Mac Cyber and darker than Mac Diva. It's really a lovely colour if your like darker shades but are scared of looking like an 80s vampire.
The trouble is with the formula. It took three layers for it to look completely opaque on me. And while it was dry but still comfortable (I have soldiered on through 2 tubes of Ruby Woo, after all!), Media settled into my lip creases quickly. That's a particularly terrible look for dark colours. Within 30 minutes I had berry coloured vertical streaks on my lips.
Also, the lipstick never quite got along with my whole lip - It stayed true along the edges but faded quickly from the centre, leaving me with de facto ombre lips that I didn't want.
I'm going to try Revlon Black Cherry and hope for better results. That's a pity, I really wanted this to work!

on 12/18/2014 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Really lovely intense red/purple colour that lasts really well. Unfortunately I find that if my lips are at all dry then it looks less than great. It's also better when applied on top of a lip pencil such as MAC Currant or Barry M #7. It helps having a steady hand when applying, but it delivers a really sharp look that's totally worth it.

on 11/28/2014 3:23:00 AM

Love, love, LOVE this lipstick I absolutely adore it! It is a bit hard to put on as darker lipsticks will be harder to apply so I recommend using MAC Lipliner in the shade Currant first by lining and filling in the lips with it then applying Media on top as it gives a flawless finish and if you mess up a bit using a concealer and concealer brush lightly apply it to the area but overall gorgeous color for Fall and Winter one of my favorites

on 11/11/2014 11:46:00 PM

I really really want to like this lipstick, but I find it just too troublesome. It's definitely not a colour you can apply straight from the tube (unless you're a lot more skilled with your make-up than me). Although even when I apply it with a brush I find that ends up looking uneven and clumping together. I really wanted to find a deep berry statement lipstick, but I don't think this works for me at all... Will be trying Diva instead

on 10/27/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Edit: I LOVE it under an orangey liptick, I use Brink from Illamasqua. Creates this amazing marsala-ish lippy!
Perfect berry plummy lips! I LOVE to wear it as a stain with clear lipglass on top. This what I wanted Rebel ls to like on me!

on 10/11/2014 11:16:00 AM

This was my first purchase from MAC! And I'm super excited, I wanted a dark vampy color, and when I walked into the store I was going to buy Sin, but I didn't like it. I found media and it was the exact color I had been looking for. I also bought their lip liner in "vino" which works great with it. It wears off evenly and is not drying at all. And this is my first review!!

on 8/28/2014 5:38:00 AM

It's okay but comes off easily and fades to look like you have bloody beat up lips if you don't touch up.

Popular Lipsticks