July 24, 2014 | 1113 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Media lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC Media is definitely a sexy lipstick. It's a deep matte burgundy/wine shade that fades to a sort of plum color. It's a satin, so the pigmentation & texture is fabulous. This isn't for the faint of heart. It's definitely a bold color but one that I can see working on many skin tones, from fair to tan. Perfect for a night out paired with a nude eye & a couple coats of mascara. Definitely a winner in my collection!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Misscrystaall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Media Lipstick by MAC Is One of the bests Lipsticks I have Purchased . I am A NW15 & Still find it Easy to Wear . I love It & Will Be re purchasing !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by rightmeowsir

I looooove Media by MAC. I like wearing this anytime during the fall/winter or just nights out with my girls. It gives you that perfect vampy look if you're into that. This is definitely one of my go-to dark lip colors. The other dark lipstick I have is Wine Not by Revlon, and I think that one's comparable to Diva by MAC. However, Media isn't a deep dark red like those colors; it's a deep purple. I would recommend this lipstick to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now let me start off by saying I love media its a nice color I was looking all over for a burgundy like this. I went to mac and got it,no less than a week later I go to CVS and check out the black radiance section since I have several lipsticks from them I pick up 5042A (I forgot the actual name) I got home and tried it on I was shocked it was the exact same color as media for only 1.99 just a little more shine both lipsticks are great though im just mad I paid 15$ for a lipstick I could have got for $1.99

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by yasssssx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Where do I begin with my love affair with Media... It's the perfect dark lipstick. It works for day or night. It has so much depth and works for all skin tones. Another thing I love about Media is how it looks when it fades, which for me was surprising. I don't like it with gloss over it through. I like how rich and smooth MAC's satin line is. But Media is an awesome color for any occasion, paired with a perfectly mascaraed eye and you're ready to conquer the world.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've really wanted a solid DARK plum for awhile now: something to wear in the fall and winter, but that was still this side of gothic or costume-y. Media is pretty perfect for that. It's dark, it's dramatic, but it's still flattering on my NW20 skin, and definitely has enough pink in in to stay within the "traditional" color regime.

As for the formula, the texture is what you can usually expect from MAC lipsticks -- this one is a "satin". It feels fairly light, doesn't settle into lip lines and wears well for about 3 and half hours. After that it starts to fade to a pretty lighter plum, though since it's dark, after like 4 or 5 hours you'll be able to see any uneven wear.

It's especially great for mixing with other colors while transitioning into my fall palette. I've been wearing it with MAC's "Lady Danger" for an ox-blood color, and MAC "Show Orchid" to play up the pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Pr33tyKaptain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

to be honest this color is amazing on everyone. this is a deep vampy purple and it's clearly going to look different on different people with different coloring. on me this is a very flattering shade that brings out my eyes and adds a nice contrast to my skin. everyone should give it a try or try something similar

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best dark purple lipstick I have found yet. Its deep, dark, opaque, and super vampy. It lasts a long time, and has a perfect matte finish. Not for the faint of heart!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jess108

I'm a massive fan of MAC and have seven of their lipsticks-Lady Bug, Dubonnet, Pink Nouveau, Saint Germain, Creme D'Nude, Angel, Hue and Myth. I can now add an eighth to that collection, as I have just purchased Media and boy, does it deliver! I wanted a really dark gothic lip that suited my features and it definitely did the job. The plummy tones compliment my skin tone and the reddish tones bring out the green in my hazel eyes. I love the drama of the colour (and it IS dramatic) and as soon as I put it on it have my confidence. Would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a vampy lipstick-works best paired with black liquid liner and mascara. The only criticism is that it may not be universally wearable and perhaps too dramatic for a casual occasion x

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by daniellejmckenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really think this lipstick fits better on women of color, especially warmer shades of caramel and light brown. I love how striking the color is against my skin and with it the trick is to not do a heavy eye in the daytime! The lips will say it all...I've gotten a lot of compliments from Media and I really love the intensity of the shade. This is one of those lipsticks that doesnt work for everyone. I would've given it 5 stars but the hardest part with dark lips is lining it correctly, for this you would need a lip liner to get everything just perfect but I didnt feel to shell out an extra $15 dollars.