October 31, 2014 | 847 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Media lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect berry plummy lips! I LOVE to wear it as a stain with clear lipglass on top. This what I wanted Rebel ls to like on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by nancycuellar

This was my first purchase from MAC! And I'm super excited, I wanted a dark vampy color, and when I walked into the store I was going to buy Sin, but I didn't like it. I found media and it was the exact color I had been looking for. I also bought their lip liner in "vino" which works great with it. It wears off evenly and is not drying at all. And this is my first review!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Rayellaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay but comes off easily and fades to look like you have bloody beat up lips if you don't touch up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I am starting to buy my "perfect fall/winter makeup essentials" and on the top of my list is some nice vampy lip colors. I've been more into purple/wine toned shades rather than oxblood/reddish shades. I went to the MAC counter ORIGINALLY wanting Cyber and Rebel, but neither of them looked very flattering on me. Cyber, a very dark purple/black shade that looked too gothic on me and Rebel wasn't dark enough. In the middle of that spectrum is Media, a beautiful plum/purple based burgundy shade. The lipstick is a satin finish, so it isn't drying. It is now one of my favorite MAC lipstick shades and if I run out, I will repurchase. I wore this shade a few days ago while out shopping and I got several compliments on it. I am not sure which lipliner to pair this with, so that will the next thing on my list to find.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC Media is definitely a sexy lipstick. It's a deep matte burgundy/wine shade that fades to a sort of plum color. It's a satin, so the pigmentation & texture is fabulous. This isn't for the faint of heart. It's definitely a bold color but one that I can see working on many skin tones, from fair to tan. Perfect for a night out paired with a nude eye & a couple coats of mascara. Definitely a winner in my collection!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Misscrystaall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Media Lipstick by MAC Is One of the bests Lipsticks I have Purchased . I am A NW15 & Still find it Easy to Wear . I love It & Will Be re purchasing !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by rightmeowsir

I looooove Media by MAC. I like wearing this anytime during the fall/winter or just nights out with my girls. It gives you that perfect vampy look if you're into that. This is definitely one of my go-to dark lip colors. The other dark lipstick I have is Wine Not by Revlon, and I think that one's comparable to Diva by MAC. However, Media isn't a deep dark red like those colors; it's a deep purple. I would recommend this lipstick to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now let me start off by saying I love media its a nice color I was looking all over for a burgundy like this. I went to mac and got it,no less than a week later I go to CVS and check out the black radiance section since I have several lipsticks from them I pick up 5042A (I forgot the actual name) I got home and tried it on I was shocked it was the exact same color as media for only 1.99 just a little more shine both lipsticks are great though im just mad I paid 15$ for a lipstick I could have got for $1.99

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by yasssssx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Where do I begin with my love affair with Media... It's the perfect dark lipstick. It works for day or night. It has so much depth and works for all skin tones. Another thing I love about Media is how it looks when it fades, which for me was surprising. I don't like it with gloss over it through. I like how rich and smooth MAC's satin line is. But Media is an awesome color for any occasion, paired with a perfectly mascaraed eye and you're ready to conquer the world.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've really wanted a solid DARK plum for awhile now: something to wear in the fall and winter, but that was still this side of gothic or costume-y. Media is pretty perfect for that. It's dark, it's dramatic, but it's still flattering on my NW20 skin, and definitely has enough pink in in to stay within the "traditional" color regime.

As for the formula, the texture is what you can usually expect from MAC lipsticks -- this one is a "satin". It feels fairly light, doesn't settle into lip lines and wears well for about 3 and half hours. After that it starts to fade to a pretty lighter plum, though since it's dark, after like 4 or 5 hours you'll be able to see any uneven wear.

It's especially great for mixing with other colors while transitioning into my fall palette. I've been wearing it with MAC's "Lady Danger" for an ox-blood color, and MAC "Show Orchid" to play up the pink.