September 22, 2014 | 1214 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by marianeo

I wish I could like this product...the packaging is adorable and I find all of the flavours smell amazing. It even feels nice when you first put it on! HOWEVER, this lip balm makes my lips EXTREMELY dry after a few times of using it. I also noticed that my lips get incredibly itchy. I must be having an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients, which is unfortunate because they use mostly organic ingredients. The price is great for these but I will never purchase an EOS lip balm again.

PS- I tried a couple other flavours as well, and they all ruined my lips (especially the peppermint one)!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by itsjulianne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I normally love eos products but I'm not a fan of this scent at all! I hadn't had it for long when the smell started to smell really old and sour. My Mother said it reminded her of cat pee? Like some others have said, eos products are not a miracle for your lips, but I still think they're adorable and will continue to buy their items, but I'll never pick up this scent again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually only use aquaphor but finally caved and tried this. I wanted something more waxy during the day so my lipstick would stay on longer and look less glossy. This worked for that.
BUT after a couple of days, I noticed that my lips were seriously dried out. Kept reapplying, then after an hour or so, my lips were back to crap.
Looked online and this is a common complaint about this product- it can make your lips look really bad.
So use with caution- you will either love it or you might have a reaction to it like me and many others have.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by miajenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've loved EOS for years. I got my first EOS when I was 10. I loved it so much. It felt smooth and moisturizing on my lips. I soon realized that it made my lips dry and rough. I read a review earlier saying that the lip balm can easily grow mold. Being the worry wart I am, I quickly checked my EOS to see if there was any mold. Sure enough, there was mold on the "Sweet Mint" one. The person who wrote the review said that it gets mold because it's all organic and when it gets wet or hot, the mold starts. I had only had my "Sweet Mint" for 2 months. I instantly threw my EOS away, and checked the rest of my EOS. Luckily, the others were just fine. I suggest you go check your EOS for mold before it gets worse. Also, the packaging is bulky and can easily be scratched. It smells AMAZING at first, then all of a sudden it smells very worn down and old. It's safe to say this will not be repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by TPPZSmakeup102

This lip balm smells awesome! It's a little big, but being so moisturizing, easy to hold and unique packaging make up for that. It's on the expensive side, depending on where you buy. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ihearteos

This flavor of Eos smells so delicious, just like a mixture of peach, strawberry, and a hint of blueberry. It definitely moisturizes well, but is not the most hydrating lip balm in the Eos line. It is a bright coral color, and is in a cute egg-shaped packaging which makes it easy to find in a big bag or purse. I love this Eos so much, and I think a lot of other people would as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are stinkin adorable, BUT I just do not see what the hype is all about. These feel sooo waxy to me and honestly, I know of others that are more moisturizing than these. The smell and taste at least of this one is great, but those can't compensate the waxy feeling. That's the only reason for the 3 lippies: smell, taste, and cuteness.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Sarah088

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is cute. It smells sweet and taste sweet too. But if you are buying this and expect it to moisturize your lips then no. This doesn't make your lips any better or worst

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by paisleypunk

This was just meh. The packaging feels lovely in the hand and looks cute, which is honestly why I decided to cheat on my usual Burt's Bees and give it a shot. However, the moisturizing effect does not last and you will need to reapply sooner rather than later. Was also not a fan of this particular scent. Back to Burt's for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought these lip balms after seeing them everywhere--commercials, grocery store checkouts, Ulta, you name it! I think the packaging is a bit awkward if you plan on taking it with you in a small purse or clutch since it is so big and round. The shape of the balm feels nice on your lips and the smell is not too bad. I do not like this balm because it is drying and the more you use it, the more you will need to apply it. I was applying before bed but when I woke up the next day my lips would feel awful and waxy yet dry, which never happened with my usual lip balm. This balm would work in an emergency situation if you were somewhere without lip balm but the packaging isn't very conducive to packing it around somewhere that you would actually be desperate enough to use it, it is a temporary fix and seems to only make dry lips worse. Unfortunate, because it is a fun concept (spherical packaging) but it isn't very practical or good for your lips.