March 2, 2015 | 1819 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Original Dry Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2015 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Boy, do I not like this stuff.

Long story short, the only thing that's good about it is it's the only dry shampoo I've found in a travel size that's easy to find at walgreens. Other than that, it weighs hair down, doesn't blend, stays white in your hair (I have lighter colored hair too so it should blend just fine), and SMELLS LIKE CLEANER. I think they should drastically improve the scent if anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2015 12:12:00 PM More reviews by SockJudgement

Amazing. I hate washing my hair everyday, I try to get at least three days out of every wash and thanks to Batiste I can go a week. It smells good. Adds loads of volume, it covers my roots which is great, being blonde it lightens up my hair and brushes out easily. It is also a necessity for festivals or travelling where washing your hair may not be possible but you can still look good and have great hair even after two days - love it! The XXL volume is especially good for volume though maybe not as easy brush out but still great :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2015 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ladygoodman16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've spent time and money trying different dry shampoos - cheaper as well as ridiculously expensive - in the hopes of finding something better than this, but I'm back to using Batiste original as I found nothing better for the main issue at hand - oily roots. Batiste really sucks up the oil and increases volume on an otherwise flat hair day. Unfortunately this means putting up with white residue and its drying effect. I have quite dry hair anyway, and I find I can't use Batiste all over my head for more than one day or my hair gets horribly strawlike. I also don't brush it all the way through to avoid the ends getting too dry, I just tousle it in with my fingers. It's best use is for my fringe on a daily basis, a quick spray to get rid of oiliness at the front, but otherwise I try not to use it too much. Even holding the can 6 inches away from your head as you're supposed to is not a foolproof way to avoid the white residue - it's hit and miss (mostly miss) and I usually have to blend in a few white streaks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I was about ready to give up on dry shampoos altogether after about a year or so of trying various high end and drug store brands. I felt they helped slightly control grease and product buildup on second day hair, but wouldn't be able to get away with really styling it in any presentable way, etc. It still would look dirty and greasy. My hair is very long so I do my very best to care for it through deep conditioning and avoiding shampooing every single day. After trying Batiste, I will never try another dry shampoo every again! I decided to try the cherry scent, which was a nice and fresh powdery smell that helped freshen up my hair overall. From the moment I tried this, my hair was transformed into looking like I just got out of the shower and styled it an hour ago. It removed any product buildup/residue/grease from my hands that was in my hair. I don't think I'll ever be able to go more than one day in between shampoos, but now at least it actually looks decent in between washes! This stuff is truly HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Maquillage25

This is the only scent I really like out of the range of batiste dry shampoos. It isn't sickly like most of them, it's very fresh. I continue to buy this dry shampoo as it works really well for me. I have to wash my hair every other day as washing it everyday is too much. This just keeps my hair feeling fresh all day. The reason I give this product 4 lipsticks instead of 5 is because it is hard to get the white powder out of your hair. Even if you rub it really hard to blend it in, you still have a whitish tinge to your hair and I have had comments when I haven't quite rubbed it in properly! Otherwise I really love this dry shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by musidora1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the most effective and best-smelling dry shampoos that I've tried! I haven't tried the other scents but after using Original, I'm willing to give them a try.

Pros:
-Rice starch to absorb oil
-Absorbs oil and sweat without looking too chalky. The white residue brushes out fast
-Clean, non-aggressive scent

Cons:
-As with other aerosol dry shampoos that I've tried, my only beef is that the nozzle got clogged toward the end and I had to throw about 1/4 of the product away. I even rinsed the cap under warm water but no luck

It would be great if Batiste made a non-aerosol version!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont understand the bad reviews on here - people should read instructions before use. Excellent substitute in between washes, you dont wait after spraying - you need to massage it into roots for bit after spraying, no resedue, hair smells awesome and looks clean, its a bit tricky when you have a bob (and fine hair blah) its needs to be styled everyday more or less but I work it a ponytail or whatnot but other than that thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by chichiminty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After hearing so many people raving about this product in youtube I finally decided to get the batiste original dry shampoo and try it out. Well all I can say is 'bravo' batiste! This is the best dry shampoo I have ever put on my hair. I have tried biozel, l'oreal and even treseme, but nothing comes even close to this. My hair has a tendancy to get oily fast and this is the only one that has solved that issue. Not only does it remove oils it leaves your hair looking clean and fresh. And the scent is an added plus. The only minus in this product is that if you spray it too close it can easily leave a white powder like "stain".
Other than that I see myself purchasing this product over and over again and I do not have any reason to try out new ones.
Love this product :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As far as dry shampoo goes, this one is as good as the next. I guess I just don't really like dry shampoo. I always feels like by the time you spray it in and wait for it to absorb the oils and brush out the residue... well you could have simply washed and dried your hair and looked 100% better. I should mention that I have fairly short hair. So maybe this is a godsend for those with long thick hair. And I'm sure I would love this if I broke my arm or something and couldn't shower. However, under ordinary circumstances, I think I'll pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by anyasreviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this dry shampoo! I wash my hair every second day and I use this on days I don't wash my hair. I love the scent, it smells very clean and refreshing. I personally don't like the scents of their other products and I think that the original works best! I'd recommend this one! The packaging is great and very cute and this makes your hair feel very clean and grease-free. I'm definitely buying this again! -Anyasreviews