September 17, 2014 | 897 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Original Dry Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by chichiminty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After hearing so many people raving about this product in youtube I finally decided to get the batiste original dry shampoo and try it out. Well all I can say is 'bravo' batiste! This is the best dry shampoo I have ever put on my hair. I have tried biozel, l'oreal and even treseme, but nothing comes even close to this. My hair has a tendancy to get oily fast and this is the only one that has solved that issue. Not only does it remove oils it leaves your hair looking clean and fresh. And the scent is an added plus. The only minus in this product is that if you spray it too close it can easily leave a white powder like "stain".
Other than that I see myself purchasing this product over and over again and I do not have any reason to try out new ones.
Love this product :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As far as dry shampoo goes, this one is as good as the next. I guess I just don't really like dry shampoo. I always feels like by the time you spray it in and wait for it to absorb the oils and brush out the residue... well you could have simply washed and dried your hair and looked 100% better. I should mention that I have fairly short hair. So maybe this is a godsend for those with long thick hair. And I'm sure I would love this if I broke my arm or something and couldn't shower. However, under ordinary circumstances, I think I'll pass.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by anyasreviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this dry shampoo! I wash my hair every second day and I use this on days I don't wash my hair. I love the scent, it smells very clean and refreshing. I personally don't like the scents of their other products and I think that the original works best! I'd recommend this one! The packaging is great and very cute and this makes your hair feel very clean and grease-free. I'm definitely buying this again! -Anyasreviews

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first dry shampoo that I've tried that I like.
It's well-priced and works decently.
I'm a brunette and while people say it leaves a white residue - it's still perfect for getting rid of grease so you can go that one day without washing your hair. Make sure you comb it out properly or else it's going to seem as if you have dandruff.
I like that it leaves my hair clean. It also adds a bit of volume to my hair.
I don't love or hate the scent, but it could be better. The way I can describe it is that It's a slightly powdery smell.
I would purchase it again because it's relatively cheap and found easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by jod84

im not a fan of dry shampoo because it takes all the shine out of my hair and leaves it feeling stiff and powery and dry lol. girls train your hair if you find your roots get oily after 2days then just wash it three times a week your hair will get use to it and stop makeing unwanted oil

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am allergic to this....my head broke out in an itchy rash that lasted for days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IMHO, this is only suitable for blonde or white hair. I tried using it on the whole family once, when our plumbing was out for 4 days. My son, a blondie, was the only one who didn't look like he was wearing a George Washington wig after use. I still do use it on him, as I rather like the old-fashioned barber-shoppy smell and he prefers Batiste to actual shampooing. But on most hair colors, this just looks chalky and weird, even after a vigorous brushing. Also: Do NOT spray it directly onto your hand, the butane burns!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

I like the Batiste line of dry shampoos. This one seems to be the easiest to find and I'll use it but prefer the Fresh. You'll need to brush out the white residue. There's not too much and this doesn't bother me because I think it works really well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

This was my first venture into dry shampoo, and I'm not impressed. It's hard to get just a little bit on, and as other reviewers have mentioned, once worked into my hair, it left a weird waxy feel, and also made my roots look slightly lighter in color (I have dark auburn-ish hair).

So, nope, won't repurchase. I'm going to try one made specifically for dark hair next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

Like other reviewers, I've tried multiple kinds of dry shampoos. I have dyed/highlighted dry/damaged hair that definitely should not be washed everyday. But yes, the roots get oily gross and the lengths get lifeless in between washes. I have tried the Tresemme dry shampoo and had similar results with it as with this product. The Tresemme probably smelled just a tad better (but neither really smells great). I bought the Batiste in the green/blue can at Walgreens, and it was supercheap. I make sure to hold the can pretty far away from my head before spraying - just a dash or two on the top and one or two on the underside & that's it. I definitely wait a bit longer than the directions suggest (I brush my teeth or do something comparable while I wait), before brushing it in/out. I do not overbrush, just a few strokes and done...otherwise I've found my hair goes right back to flat. I wouldn't say that the volume is out of this world, but it is an improvement, and it makes my blond color look "brighter" and more clean and less dark/dirty. I tried it first years ago on my virgin hair at the time, and it did not work. Obviously, my hair has changed due to processing & now it responds positively. I plan to always keep a can on hand.