Sigma F55 Small Stippling (was SS188)

2.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This brush just isn't very dense. I haven't had a problem with dye, it does shed a bit, but I think that if you're going to order brushes from sigma, this shouldn't be one of them. The top isn't dense at all, really floppy. I use this to stipple powder blush if it's too pigmented or for blending...but I don't find myself reaching for it that much. Order from sigma, just not this particular brush.

on 1/13/2013 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Out of all the Sigma brushes I own, this is my least favourite. It just doesn't do a whole lot. For foundation, the Sigmax brushes are vastly better. Too big for bronzers, too sparse for blushes (streaky looking does not good blush make). Doesn't give a flawless finish like duo fiber brushes are supposed to, either, and this is pretty stiff and a bit scratchy. The SpaResource duo fiber brush I got at Wal-mart is so much better that it makes me a bit sad to thing about. That one is much denser, so I can get streak free results, and a lot softer as well.

My least favourite brush from Sigma. Disappointed because I usually love their stuff!

LADIES! To stop brush bleeding mix 50/50 solution I white vinegar and water and let your brush soak in. please let me know if it helps!!!!!!:)

on 4/29/2012 5:14:00 PM

The brush itself can shed at times, but I still use it for dewy foundation application, blush and highlight. A versatile brush.

on 4/19/2012 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've recently bought Mac's 188 and Mac's is so much softer and alittle smaller than Sigma's version. Unbelievable how many reviews and videos claim they are "exactly the same".

I've once used Sigma's SS188 for undereye concealer (after watching Goss makeup artist's recommendation) and found it to be scratchy for the thin skin there. The white synethic bristles are much stiffer and scratchy. Even for applying cream blush, it feels scratchy.

I bought Mac's 188 after feeling how soft it is. Funny Mac's natural bristles ie 129 feels scratchy whereas the duo fibre brushes don't.

on 3/1/2012 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

One of the worst brushes I own. It sheds like CRAZY, every time I use it I have to pick stray hairs of my face. The brush is so thin that it is not at all good for applying foundations. I think you would be better off with a coastal scents brush because this one is terrible. Don't waste your money on this brush, some of sigmas brushes are amazing and definitely up to par with more expensive brands but but the f55 is not one of them!

The ferrule became wobbly within a week of use. I'm a makeup artist and know how to care for my brushes to make them last, so there is NO excuse for this. Also, the WORST thing about this brush is that when I deep clean it, at 1st it looks fine, but once it dries, BLACK DYE PULLS UP TO THE TIPS OF THE WHITE FIBRES AND IT GET'S ON MY CLIENTS FACE!!! I can prevent this from happening by doing a spot cleaning after the brush dries, but what's the point? The white fibers on this brush aren't as fine as its MAC counterpart. The bristles also spread out wider than needed where it is almost too big to use a blush or concealer brush (which is what I use the MAC 188 for) and the white bristles tend to clump together, thus negating any "airbrushed" effect this brush is supposed to give.

SEE MY PIC ABOVE FOR REFERANCE.

BIG NAY.

on 7/12/2011 5:24:00 PM

Is their any way to get the dye out ?I like this brush from sigma but tired of the dye coming out of it !!

on 5/28/2011 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is called the F55 now that Sigma has changed it's brush names. I was looking for a smaller stippling brush and this one didn't really do much for me. I honestly prefer my E.L.F stippling brush (which is bigger) but does a much better job than this one. This brush shed a little after the second wash - nothing crazy, just a few bristles. It is fairly dense and very soft and I use this to stipple on cream blushes because of the small shape it fits the shape of my cheeks quite well. I could live without this brush. Can't say I recommend it. Would rather get the E.L.F stippling brush that is much cheaper than this one.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Brush bleeds black all over.
Don't waste your money.