October 1, 2014 | 1587 users online

Powder - KmS Mineral Essentials - Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

Love the product and am very glad I tried it! This is a matte finish however they have an illuminator to give a dewy look if you wish...still waiting to try that, however I love the quality of the product and would totally wear it without the illuminator even though I dont normally like matte. Customer service is excellent and my samples came in the mini jars. The colour selection is not as vast as other companies, however I did find a perfect match the first time around - Fairly Light which is a neutral/yellow undertone......for reference I am NC 25 however my yellow undertones are slight (and I would probably classify myself somewhere in the light neutral/olive/golden range). I have very sensitive skin and this product did not irritate at all. I also didn't find it drying, even though it contains kaolin clay. I use a very good moisturizer underneath as I have eczema. As for pricing, it seems a little more expensive than say, EDM, however their containers are twice as large so it works out to be about the same...the only advantage with EDM is that they have 45% off if you buy 12 or more items at a time. I am definitely going to make KmS a staple in my makeup bag and can't wait to try the Morning Dew Illuminator!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by lrlholtmeyer

WOW! I can't believe it took me this long to find my HG makeup. Started with Bare Minerals, and then switched because it wasn't staying on my face...Colorstay- loved it but broke out...EL DW not oil controlling enough, EL Double Matte OK, but wore it with Maybelline stay matte PP and it was too chalky...tried this and my search ends here!! Beautiful finish, controls oil, stays all day, and great price!! And truly all natural ingredients- no bismuth either! Can't say enough good things about this product.

EDIT: I noticed mild itching after the first couple of days, and it continued to get worse. I think my face can't handle mineral MU anymore for some reason. Switched to Merle Norman, and have found my true HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by klow9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, this product is listed under KMS hair care, which is not connected to KmS minerals. (It should be listed under the powder minerals section in foundations.) That said, based on the other review here I ordered two samples for $1.00 each - medium and medium beige. I was very disappointed that they came in a small white envelope with the addressed stamped on the envelope. Inside were four packets of mineral powder in small plastic bags. The company owner had stapled her business card to them. STAPLED! The mineral powder was all over the place inside the envelope. The business card was covered in it. I tried the best I could to save some of the powder. It was okay, but by that time I was so diasppointed in the lack of professionalism that I have no interest in dealing with this company.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really loving this MMU. I ordered it after getting some samples (no charge, just $1.00 for shipping). I use "fairly light," but they will custom blend the shades you choose at no charge. The coverage is long wearing and buildable and the powder doesn't sink into my lines and pores. It's long lasting and transfer resistant (doesn't come off on my cell phone, lol). Also 100% natural. No talc,cornstarch, fragrance oils, chemicals, parabens, or preservatives. Natural SPF. Can be applied wet or dry. NO BISMUTH. Not shiny. It is comparatively inexpensive and if you have a reaction to it, you can return it for a refund. CONS: Contains mica. You have to buy from their website: http://kmsmineralessentials.com - but this is not one of those cheesy autoship scams. Just buy what you want.