September 2, 2014 | 1844 users online

Gels/Soaps - Soap & Glory - Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Best shower "gel" (it's really creamy) I have ever used!
It lathers well on a loofa, and cleanses the skin nicely.
Doesn't feel drying on the skin at all, and it comes with a pump! (always a plus)

But what I like most about this is of course, THE SCENT. It's sweet, yet fresh.
The typical S&G smell, which I'm a huge fan of ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product over and over again in the pump bottle! At first I don't really like the smell but day by day I love it a little more than the other day! It smells like orange and the normal soap and glory smell! It moisturises my skin and I completely LOVE the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by gemgem22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a perfectly pleasant shower gel in cute, faux-retro packaging. It smells lovely (as others have said, it's very similar to Miss Dior Cherie, as are all the products in the 'Original Pink' scent range) and even though my skin can get quite dry and itchy after showering, it doesn't leave my skin parched or irritated. The fragrance is relatively strong; if you're sensitive to highly perfumed products I'd try the travel-size version before forking out for a large bottle, however I have sensitive, quite reactive skin and the fragrance doesn't seem to aggravate it. I got the mini bottle and it lasted a good while for its size so it's pretty good value for money; you only need a small blob on a shower puff to get a nice creamy lather. I probably would buy it again as I like the fragrance, especially during the summer, but I'd probably stick to the small bottles as the large one would probably last an age - I'm very fickle (read: product floozy) and like to try lots of new things instead of just using the same one all the time ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how this product smells. It reminds me of the soap and glory bubble bath - calm one calm all. It has that mild non offensive scent. I use 4-5 pumps of this on my wet loofa and massage it until it lathers up. And oh my goodness it really lathers up. It is a wee bit drying IMO, but I think soaps in general on me dries my skin out a little. It's just under $20 after taxes here in Canada at shoppers drug mart, which is more expensive in comparison if I bought it in the UK. Overall I'm pleased. I like the smell, I love how it lathers and rinses well. The scent doesn't stick to you for hours but it performs like any old body wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplove86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so torn on this product. It smells sooo good and lathers really well, but it tends to be really drying on my skin. After using this wash, I noticed my legs and arms are flaky, dry and itchy. I have really dry skin in the winter time anyway, so I might save it and try it again in the summer. I'm really sad it didn't work well on me :(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by QOH

Eventhough the smell is super nice, the drying effect is just too overwhelming I need to pass.
It leaves my skin dry and itchy.
I thought it was because of the hot water/cold weather at first, but after I switched to other bath products it got better. And it got worse again after I came to use Clean on me.
I will try to use this product as a hand wash and finish it as soon as possible.
Definitely will NOT repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by 3lfgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shower gel/wash smells SO good and is not over perfumed like some shower gels. It has a smooth creamy texture that moisturises your skin. Nothing more to say. Smells great. Works. Pretty packaging. Not overly priced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

This is the only body wash I use. It lasts for a long time. You get loads. Smells great. Moisturising. Boots often have 3 for 2 on Soap & Glory products so stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I simply adore Soap and Glory! Being obsessed with all things vintage, it has quickly become one of my absolute favorite brands, and most of their products that I've tried so far are fabulous! Clean on Me was one of the first I've purchased and it deserves all the raves.

I too bought the Birthday Box for $25 at Sephora, which contains 8.4 oz bottles of Clean on Me and The Righteous Butter Body Lotion as well as a bath pouf. Clean on Me is scented with Original Pink, which is very reminiscent of the now discontinued Miss Dior Cherie (replaced by Miss Dior), except it's fruitier and sweeter, less perfumey but still complex. The fragrance is pretty strong however, if you are sensitive to scents try to get a whiff of any of S&G's products scented with it or even Miss Dior in person before purchasing. The packaging is retro-inspired and cheeky, super cute, and easy to operate. It lathers well and is so moisturizing! I've been using products by Dove my whole life but the moisturizing effect of their body washes or beauty bars never lasted. My excessively dry skin would remain that way after showering. But not with Clean on Me or any other S&G bath product I've tried so far! My skin, even before applying lotion, feels super smooth and soft, and my eczema isn't aggravated either. Pairs wonderfully with The Righteous Butter body butter and lotion, and the scrubs The Scrub of Your Life and Flake Away, all scented with Original Pink.

Clean on Me retails for $16 for 16.2 oz at Sephora. Pricey, but so worth it. I used it daily for over one month and used roughly just 2 oz. The one con I have is availability. Clean on Me has been out of stock for months apparently on Sephora's site and I can't find it in stores either (luckily I was able to snag the last Birthday Box in a local Sephora). If you can't find it locally I would suggest buying it on Amazon through Stephensons Online LTD, they ship directly from the UK. I ordered some S&G products that are unavailable in the US from Stephensons and I got my stuff in one week crazy enough! Clean on Me specifically will, with shipping, cost a bit less than $16. If you don't want to order online, I would recommend Ulta's S&G alternative Ginger & Co.'s body wash called Double Up. I have an in depth review up here on MakeupAlley, it's just as fantastic as Clean on Me! Different scent of course, but I love it even more than Original Pink!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by vee1412

Gorgeous scent and lovely creamy lather that leaves skin feeling soft and moisturised, I even use this to shave my legs and it does a super job. A bit pricier than I would normally pay for a body wash but you do only need a little (although it is tempting to slather it on as it smells so lovely) so the big pump bottle will last quite a while. I don't need to moisturise after using this, great product.