October 20, 2014 | 1934 users online

Cleansers - Equate - Daily Face Wash

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just went out and bought my second tube of this at Walmart, since whatever I decide I like is usually out of stock when I return to repurchase. I'm surprised the last review I see on this is over 2 years old - and here's why: I have very oily skin (at 46!) and large pores. I've tried scrubs, exfoliating brushes (Olay Pro X), cleansers with beta hydroxy acids, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, witch hazel, etc. etc. And the end result was the same enlarged pores, with some redness and a few broken capillaries to boot from the irritation of these different products. I initially picked this up because my regular Equate a.m. Refreshing cleanser was out of stock and I needed something I thought would be good at removing long-wearing foundation at the end of the day. I thought it would be just okay for this, I had zero expectations. So, on a few mornings (in addition to the evening makeup removing), I used this cleanser because I noticed it made my face feel very clean and non-oily when I used it in the evening - and I started noticing clearer (less red, healing capillaries) skin, and even more exciting, TIGHTER pores! No brushes, no scrubbing - just this cleanser morning and night and my pores are noticeably less visible and my skin less oily. For $2.67, it beat more expensive "pore refining" cleansers and toners and keeps the oil at bay. My opinion is, it's worth a shot for the price - I was surprised how gentle it is and yet very effective at dealing with my skin problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Junoesque

This product is amazing for oily acne prone skin. I have been using it for about 3 years now & I absolutely love it! You only need a pea size amount & it develops a nice lather. It works great on a facial brush. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love this. I have used several tubes of this - I keep one on my counter and one in the shower plus it's so easy to travel with. I use this morning and night followed by a good dose of Equate brand Repairing Lotion (knock off of Proactiv Repairing Lotion), which I let soak in for awhile then I apply moisturizer (Cetaphil works great) - a MUST when you're using products that contain drying agents such as Benzoyl Peroxide, even low doses such as these. This regimen has been the most effective I've ever used, my skin is so clear and believe me, I've struggled with acne for years. This is so cheap at Walmart, it is definitely worth picking up a tube and giving it a try, just remember you must use a moisturizer with it or it can be too drying (that's how it clears up the pimples).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

this is the walmart house brand of Clearisal daily cleanser, and I belive it was under $3 for a tube that will last a long time!

this is really good if you have very oily skin. In the summer this works well for me because in the heat I become a mega-grease ball! It is somewhat drying, so if you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend it. If you have dry skin try the equate version of the age-defying cleanser in the pump - its about the same price and is more moisturizing/less stripping.

I bought this because I have been having good luck with equate products and have been curious. I had seen/heard several great reviews for particular one. I think it works really well with my Olay ProX cleaning brush. I wet my face, apply his all over and then use the brush for about 2 min or so. It gets off all my make up and sunscreen. When I rinse, my skin feels SUPER clean and my pores instantly look smaller, less clogged... overall my skin looks GREAT! If you aren't using it with a brush like I am, I would suggest using a microfiber wash cloth to help rinse it off as it is a bit heavy. It is much easier to rinse off if you wait until it turns foamy as well, because when it is still in the cream form it can be hard to rinse away. This takes a little time working it into the skin if you are not using a brush/washcloth.

My skin is some what sensitive, and this does not irritate me at all (aside from feeling a little dry, but I always moisturize after, so its not a problem for me). It works up to a foam pretty quickly - either by massaging by hand or using the brush - and it removed every trace of makeup! I was having some issues with my previous creamy cleanser not removing all my makeup/sunscreen and that wasn't' helping with my clogged/large pores and mild acne. This makes my skin clear and beautiful!

I have no gripes about the packaging. Scent doesn't bother me either - it just smells kinda medical to me... This is also VERY similar to the Lancome foaming cream face wash. I like the Lancome better, but the difference is not where justifying the price difference.

I will for sure be buying this again in the future! But I rotate between a few cleansers, 2 of my favorites being Clean & Clear Foaming/Senstive and Loreal 360 Sensitive

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Too drying, so drying that I have to exfoliate every day, and it breaks me out slightly. I don't care for the artificial cucumber melon scent, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by endorablu

Great product for the money. It is oil free and does not dry out my skin. Makes a very nice lather but is still gentle. I used to use Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Foaming Cleanser, but Equate Daily Face Wash works just as good for much, much less.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by cheersammy23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product has a nice consistency, but I noticed after a few days of using it how much it was overwashing my face. It took all the natural oils out of my skin. It's definitely not gentle enough, and I don't use face wash to remove makeup just to take the sweat and the unwanted oil away, this could I think remove someones makeup. Because of the overdrying I broke out. Anyways, I won't be repurchasing this, and will be sticking with my Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or generic versions of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by krisah375

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love that this product is cheap and comes in a big tube. But... the main reason I love this is that the triclosan (anti-bacterial agent) really seems to fight my pimples/forming pimples more than anything. The creme has a very slight medicinal scent, which may bother some. Also, my skin sometimes feels "dried out" or "tight" after washing with this, which also might bother some. However, there is no residue after washing, and my skin looks and feels awesome. The "cons" don't really count for me...will repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by pblackstone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK. When you run out of Clinique Acne Line of antibacterial soap, and you are broke, or just want to save some money - this is your ticket.

Wow. I get the same feel, texture and tone, after using this product as I would if I were using a 12.00 bar of face soap. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with my Acne Clinique Acne Bar, but when stretching your dollar, it is not a bad idea to stop in at Walley World and pick give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Update 10/21/09: They've fixed the cap opening issue. No problems w/ my new tube.
I've used this for years; ever since Clearasil stopped making their blue facial (acne) bar a long time ago. The bar contained Triclosan and everyone always commented on what beautiful skin I had. This wash contains triclosan and does a good job of calming down little red bumps that pop up from time to time. It's less drying than my Purpose soap (that I also like very much). I alternate this w/ Purpose. My only complaint is that it comes in a tube (no problem) but the flip top closes like it's locked! You could seriously hurt yourself opening this! I'm not kidding- you could lose a fingernail trying to pry it open. I've just left it open so I don't have to wrestle with opening it. It's an awful design! But a great product.