August 23, 2014 | 1799 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - I Dream of St. Marteen Eyeshadow Palette

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by gabilovesorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I picked this up when I was in Hawaii because I was looking to try some Nyx shadows (they aren't available in Australia). This was cheaper than buying 5 individual shadows, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I payed $11 for this, which is cheaper than most drugstore eyeshadows here in Aus. And I am so glad I grabbed it.
The colour that I wanted the most was the gold/bronze at the end. I have blue eyes and colours like this make my eyes pop. Not only did it have that, but also browns, a taupe and an almost-matte white/cream. These are all shimmery but it is very subtle.
I haven't had any problem with fallout, and I love the pigmentation. I do use a base whenever I use these shadows though.
It has become one of my staple palettes, alongside my Nakeds! Super compact and easy to take around when you're travelling (it's my go to palette for weekends away), and the packaging is very sturdy.
I do apply all of these with eyeshadow brushes, and I feel that they blend very well when applied like this.
Super impressed with this, and with the entire Nyx brand. Going to have to pick up some more of their stuff ASAP! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by nicolem10

Oh My God. I LOVE this eye shadow palette. I was going to go for one of their three collect sets but I walked away and I saw this on display and I realized for only 2$ more I could get 2 more shadows and boy oh boy was I soo glad I got it. This could possibly be the best palette I have ever tried. (On top of the naked palette) It was the perfect colours in it, crease, highlight, lid, everything. I don't need multiple shadows because this make up palette gives me a perfect look! Not to mention the quality is amazing, they are so pigmented and the colour pay off is fantastic. I'm running to the store today to buy more of them!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Decent staying power and fairly pigmented. I use 4 out of the 5 colours regularly. As other reviewers have stated the shimmer is not too frosty. If this had a matt taupe shadow instead of the light brow shade it would work even better for me. By the way the Nude on Nude natural look kit by NYX basically has most of the colours from both I dream of St Marteen and I dream of St Nevis in one small compact, so if you like these two I Dream Of compacts but don't use them all that often, check out the Nude on Nude kit instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by mpm64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a pleasant surprise...I like all but the lightest shade in this palette (it's too pale and chalky for me). The other shades all work well together for a neutral look. They have some shimmer, but nothing over the top or outright frosty. I especially like the coppery shade, which shows more as goldy on my skin (NC25 or so), and it brings out the gold flecks in my brown/green eyes. Yes, there is some fallout with application, but with a decent e/s base, the shadows stay put. This palette leans warm (except for the weird, chalky, lightest shade) and I think it would work well for warmer-toned gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by majaaab

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the colors, they are very versatile. Still, you can put up a whole eyeshadow look only using the I Dream of St. Marteen palette. 4/5 product quality. They are cheap, absolutely worth the money.

My best eyeshadow palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is an outstanding e/s palette. I love every color in this and all of the colors pair well w/ each other. I can't see anyone not liking this! This is a warm toned nude palette. But, not too warm where it wouldn't look right on certain tones. I'm medium/olive neutral. I do have a mixure of all kinds of things going on w/ my coloring yet, St. Marteen looks very nice on me. If your lazy, you really can skip the primer because all colors are pigmented enough. All colors are blendable, smooth and are just perfect! Also, this price of this is a STEAL. I got this from NYX direct for $8.75. I love the packaging too - sleek black w/ a strudy closure and white palm trees painted on the outside.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by GlowFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG WOW! so basically i am new to the nyx brand. i recently got a few things during their recent sale and this was one of the things i got. it's beautiful! colors are so pretty. perfect set for people who LOVE nuetrals. there isn't 1 color in this set that isn't gorgeous. i am so happy i got this! it is my go to shadows :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by MlleNausea27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best palette I have tried! For like $8. Make sure you apply eye primer before applying the eye shadows because this will make them last even longer. You can create many looks with this, the Dita von Teese eye look, natural look and eve smokey eye effect. This is a make up staple!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

I really like these eyeshadows. I use this everyday. They all work really well together. I have a few other NYX palettes like this, but they don't measure up. They're aren't chalky at all and are nicely pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by GreenEyedGirlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This palette is FANTASTIC! I have been searching for a nice neutrals palette for months and even contemplated buying UD Naked but I didn't love all of the shades. I couldn't be happier with Marteen! The colors are all gorgeous on my NC20-25 skin and feel as wonderful as my Stila. The 2nd and 3rd shades are very close to Stila Wheat & Golightly which were my fave 2 shades from Stila anyways. Very good pigmentation while being easily wearable and blending perfectly even over UDPP. No fading!! In just a couple of days this became my very favorite palette, it is fantastic for warm or neutral skin tones though maybe not for very cool toned ladies. I have worn this 4 of 5 days this week and it's great for everything from natural barely there to sex'd up. While still never looking over the top. LOVE THIS PALETTE!