November 22, 2014 | 1709 users online

Powder - Sue Devitt - Triple C-Weed Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlykennedy

Talc, Mica, and Seaweed are enemies to people that have acne prone skin. If you want a great powder for acne prone skin, get the ALL or NOTHING by Philosophy. It comes in one color in a compact. Great for light to medium toned skin. I don't recommend anything else from Philosophy, including loose powder, because I haven't tried them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Huh, I am so surprised this powder is rated low! I just not only hit pan, but used every last bit of my powder. I am trying to use up another pressed powder I have before repurchasing this one. OK. This powder matches me perfectly, and the seaweed not only provides moisture and antioxidants for your skin, but it has nylon-12 in it which helps it move with your face instead of piling up in any wrinkles or fine lines you may have. I could see how this could look cakey but only if you use too much. It can definitely give full coverage with layering, but any full coverage (powder) foundation will look cakey if you use too many layers close up.

This powder evens out my skin tone and best of all, it LASTS. My other powder that I like a lot is by Benefit (Hello, Gorgeous! pressed powder) and that one I usually have to touch up my nose and chin after a few hours. This one, 12 hours and still goes strong. A++++++

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bklescewski

Wow... I have been looking for a HG powder compact foundation and I have not come close to ANYTHING like this product. Be aware that I have tried almost every brand known to mankind.. we are talking Laura Mercier, MAC, CoverFX, MakeupForever, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Jane Iredale, Ferro Cosmetics, Bare Essentuals, Aveda, Sheshiedo, Chanel, Dior, Clinique, you get the hint.. Let me just say that the finish and coverage for this powder is very similar to MAC Studio Fix Plus Foundation, but smoother and waaay more easy to apply. I have VERY dark under eye circles and I wanted a powder that would make my skin tone even while covering my under eye circles (this is quite a tall order because most powder foundations require concealer first to get this effect) but this powder does it! I can't stop looking at my face in my compact! Now I just need to wait a few weeks and see if this gives my acne prone skin any new breakouts, but as for now, it is definitely my HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by glamsparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why are there so few reviews?

This powder has been out for several years now, and I have been using it since it first came out around 2007-ish.

This is hands down the best powder out there for full coverage with a very matte finish.

I have a good amount of brown spots due to sun damage, and I find that this powder provides the best coverage to hide my flaws. It's smooth and velvety and powdery.

The only minus that I can think of is that the powder puff is paper thin. Also, it does get used up pretty quickly and no matter how many times I try to use the powder evenly - the middle is always the first to go. Once you use a good chunk of it and the middle is gone, the powder does crack. When this happens, I then just crush it all up and use it as a loose powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The salesperson at Macy's really pushed this powder on my so I bought the starter kit, which included a full size powder compact and 0.3 ml of gel foundation and primer each. The shade I got was a perfect match (Tanami) which is a neutral to yellow in tone. I applied it in the morning on top of primer and it looked great! It diminished my redness and made my pores less noticeable, but it didn't cover acne spots (which I didn't expect anyway).

However, by noon I looked in the mirror and saw just how caked the powder became. Wow. It sunk into my pores and clung to every flake of skin (flakes are all thanks to winter and acne). It is clearly not meant to last more than a couple hours, which for my oily skin is probably the worst powder for me. I tried it as a touch up to get rid of oil, but it just could not blend at all. It caked and it was completely uneven no matter how much or how long I buffed to blend. The brush that comes with it is trash. It's small and the bristles aren't soft at all. Either trash it or repurpose it for another piece of makeup.

As for ingredients, it's ok. It's talc based, which I normally don't like, but it has a few botanical ingredients hyped up to be good for the skin. I can't say whether it worked because I returned it after a couple days. It did give me a couple breakouts, which have calmed down by now.

Save your money, please. It's by far the worst powder I've ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by BlairGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NO. It accentuated any minor imperfections on my face, caked on to look extremely powdery (as little as I tried to put on). Horrible, since I tend to use powder as oil control and want to reapply to look fresh but if I reapply this I just look like a mess - it builds to make my skin look darker and darker If i tried to use it for oil control and "freshen up". And, if you sweat it will streak on your face and theres no way to fix that without completely taking it off- forget about trying to touch up with more powder or foundation. Don't swim in this. A good powder I've found for oil control and a fresher look is: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder (Honey Medium 3-4) which is the darkest color it comes in but it leaves a smooth finish and doesn't have to match your skin color perfectly to do the trick so its ok if its a little lighter or darker than your normal skin color. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is great. I use it on top of my Philosophy tinted moisturizer to set and add some extra coverage. Kimberely Plateau matches me perfectly. I love that this doesn't make me itchy or cakey. There's no oxidation, and I stay naturally matte all day long. I will absolutely be repurchasing this powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by kdelossantos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have sensitive oily acne prone skin. For some reason the last year or so my skin has become SUPER fickle. I have to use very gentale products or my skin will look rashed out. I was useing BE and it started to make me itch really bad. Then I swithced to LG Balance N Brighten. But it didnt cover like I wanted it to. Then I switched to Toni Brattin Power Powder. That covers nicely but it made my face itch a tad bit. So I went to ulta and was told to try the Sue Devitt powder. It covers really well and NO itch. It seems to sooth my face as well as control the shine. It makes putting makeup on that much easier as it covers so well. It doesnt settle into my fine lines or get cakey or blotchy. It is a tad but expensive at $28 but then again I was paying premium price for BE and LG. The compact is super pretty and makes it easy to carry around. It is also not messy to use like the other products. Would highly recommend to people with sensitive skin. UPDATE: 12/05/10 Hate this stuff. Make my face itch super bad. Had to quit using as I developed a dermitis on my face. I have to take steroids for it now. Yuck. Not sure if this did it but it sure dodnt help. WILL NOT USE AGAIN!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best powder I've found hands down. HG status for me. Perfect Match for NC42 skin (Granite Downs). Evens out my complexion without making me look "made up". I apply with a MAC 180 brush. My go-to product for spring/summer foundation. Very natual look.