November 23, 2014 | 1563 users online

Pressed Powders - Avene - Couvrance translucent mosaic powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by sirena1854

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it, it's my first makeup powder and it was a gift, so as now I finished the first package I was wondering if there was a better powder out there (no breakouts, no cakey effect, no whitening) ... It seems I hit right with the first attempt!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

requires touching along the day, and not only once, really many times. it has an integrated mirror, but doesnt come with a sponge. i dont think its translucide, it is a little but certainly chalky.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jaguayanflawer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using it for a couple of months now. I'm NC40 and it blends quite well with my skin tone, even when I'm tanned. As people said before, it doesn't look chalky, which is good.

Anyway, I need to reapply it every 2 hours in order to keep my face out of the shiny disco ball look. That can be annoying when you are pretty busy and don't have enough time for touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm in love!!! Alright, first things first. I bought this powder for the hotter summer days because I hate wearing make-up of any kind when days get warmer. Even the regular powder make-up (e.g. Clinique Almost Make-up) tends to glide off of my skin on hot and humid days. So I make do with Guerlain Meteorites & the like. Just something that won't get visible in the ugliest way when I'm sweating. Which is why I like powders that provide just enough coverage to even out my skin tone and mattify my complexion. And this is just it, I believe. After reading enough online raves about this to justify spending 16-something-euros, I got myself a compact. The description "translucent" is a little misleading, I daresay. I'm NC15 at MAC and the powder is a perfect fit and not at all translucent. There is a soft but absolutely obvious wash of colour and enough coverage to even out minor imperfections and give the skin this overall airbrushed look. Pores do appear minimized, although not completely gone. I agree with a previous reviewer who said this needs concealer underneath. Only I tend to apply the concealer afterwards. With a tiny pointy brush I dab a little of the above mentioned Clinique Almost make-up onto the specific areas that need a little more coverage and the result is pretty flattering. Since this mosaic powder doesn't look at all like powder once applied (no chalkiness AT ALL!), it looks like the most natural finish one can imagine. It's this "my skin but better" result that we all strive for. Oil control is average, so it's either touch-ups throughout the day or oil removing papers but that's nothing that upsets me. I have a very oily t-zone to begin with, so no whining here. I'm absolutely happy with this and I'm sure I found the powder to get me through the summer without looking like a total mess in the evenings. Glad I purchased and I gladly will again!
Update on June, 27th: I've hit pan! And what I can say is this: it keeps oil at bay like no other powder I have ever tried, it gave me beautiful skin (haven't had a serious breakout ever since I started to use this) so I can even have no make-up days again meanwhile, it doesn't come off on hot & humid days - in other news: found my HG in the most unlikely place and with the most unlikely brand. I gave up on all my other fluid foundations & powders. Huzzah! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder when you feel your skin itchy and you want to take shineness away from it but you fear that using any makeup will irritate your skin.
It does not cover much but it's a powder. It never creases, or cakes up, but building up is useless so better to reapply than to try to build up with this product.
I am very fair and brought the lighter mosaic and one thing I LOVE about it is that it just DOES NOT LOOK POWDERY. It's like my skin only the shininees and unevenness is taken away from the skin. It look matte but translucent too, natural but matter like in one of those high edge fashion pix with models with freckless but otherwise matter healthy skin ^_^. (no it does not cover freckles either...)

It does need a concealer underneath.

All the above are PROs.

The only CON is that I wish they sold it with its own aplicator.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this hoping to love it as I ove other Avene products,but this did nothing for me at all.So I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

One of the best powders I have tried! It's really translucent, not whitening, it brightens skin and leaves a matte finish not powdery and not cakey. It's really invisible!
The packaging looks a bit cheap but never mind because the powder is really great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's really trenslucent when applied, but in some way it gives the skin nice unified skin tone which I really like. It's also suitable for dry areas because it doesn't emphasize them.

It's not too huge but it's quite enough amount of it to be used for months I think.

I generally love Avene stuff and I really think it's worth the money. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

It is suitable for all skintones. It doesn´t look cakey or emphasize dry areas. Perfect for setting make up and to avoid shine all day long. It has no smell and is very fine milled. The texture is super soft, luminous matte, not chalky. It makes foundation lasts longer. Not cheap, but not too expensive.