August 29, 2014 | 1180 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Colorful Mono Eyeshadow - All

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by mderyaozel

I instantly fell in love with this eyeshadow, but not for the reason you think. I was in search for a bright rose coloured blush and i couldn't find the shade that i was dreaming of anyways. And this baby in "blushing no 66" was on sale. It was about 5 bucks (converted from my country's currency into dollars lol) so i could take the risk that it wouldn't work. But lucky me, it totally did. It's pigmented and it gives my cheeks a beautiful rose pink color. I don't think that i will ever use this for it's intended purpose because the colour is too bright for me to use as an eyeshadow, but worked perfectly as a blush for me. Plus it was very very cheap for a good blush, so YAY! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I'm so very heartbroken over these shadows. I got Rolling in the Grass, Choco Excess, Space Odessy, and the Smell of Roses. They all look so gorgeous and shimmery in the packaging. Unfortunately, putting them on is a different story. First of all, it's a pain in the ass to get any product onto your brush. Barely any comes up. Then, once they are on, they look so chalky and patchy. The beautiful shimmer you see in the package is nowhere to be seen. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I'm not exactly clear on whether there's a difference between the "Colorful Mono" shadows, or the "Colorful Eyshadow" singles, except the Mono seem to be on clearance.

SO ANYWAY I have #65 Lazy Afternoon (matte beige) and #85 Coffee Break (matte medium chocolate brown). I'm kind of a reverse snob with makeup, and I wasn't going to buy them if they weren't better than my favorite WnW shadows (from various palettes and also Brulee and Nutty singles). So I actually went into Sephora with my own palette and stood there swatching. Let me tell you, they absolutely blew my mattes out of the water. They are the most velvety, pigmented matte shadows I've ever felt, and I couldn't grab them and put them in my basket fast enough. Lazy Afternoon is better for my coloring than WnW Brulee, too -- pinker where Brulee has a yellowish-cream color.

I also tried #88 Morning Mocha, which is every bit as nice. I actually accidentally brought it home instead of Coffee Break -- they look a lot alike except that Mocha is slightly darker -- and had to go back and swap out because I had been looking for a medium brown specifically. But I will be back to get Mocha, oh yes I will, and now I have a whole wish list of mattes to go with it, not to mention the list of shimmers I want to try.

Packaging! The packaging is great, higher quality than MAC (also you get more product for a lower price). If you buy 2 shadows you get the 4-shadow palette free, and if you buy 4 shadows you get the 6-shadow palette. Good marketing that. The palettes and shadow compacts are heavy, slick and sturdy and (I love this so much) the entire system is magnetized, so you can simply pop out a shadow from its compact and drop it into your Sephora or other palette (although they don't fit in MAC size wells). I like freestyle, so I ripped the wells right out of the palette I got, and they came out like a dream and left the palette ready to go.

I am particularly recommending this line to my friends who are novices at eyeshadow and don't know where to start. The selection of neutrals is great at a great quality, and the swatchability (if you buy in store) and return policy mean that probably it'll be less trouble and expense to pay $13 per shadow on a modest starter palette than to run around trying to collect and/or return lesser quality shadows from the drugstore.

ETA:

#20 Sailor Kiss: ridiculously pigmented matte navy with just a smidge of peacock to it, goes on like butter. Outstanding
#50 Cashmere: a wonderful matte taupe leaning gray
#58 Winter in London: buttery pigmented medium-gray shimmer
#60 Diamonds are Forever: silver foil glitter, gorgeous, but lots of fallout on application either wet or dry, although once it's on it stays put

The only shadow I haven't found to be worth it so far is 49 Be on the A-List. WnW Nutty duplicates this one with better pigmentation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pigmented and easy to work with, lots of colours to choose from. They don't flake and the shimmer ones don't go everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 3 colors (Red Wine, Peachy Beige, and Mad for Macaroons). The colors are beautiful, especially Mad for Macaroons -- it is a beautiful golden bronze without any hint of red. They also make a very pretty copper. There is a variation in quality by color. Their mattes are a bit dusty and the staying power is less compared to the pearlescent colors. Mad for Macaroons stays put till I take it off. Red Wine dissipates through the day -- although it is a very nice color too. Overall, it is a very decent eyeshadow, comparable to MAC.
Edit: although I still think that these are good eyeshadows, they did give me allergies after wearing them a while. Try something else if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Really great and less expensive eyeshadows from Sephora. The eyeshadows I got came in the limited edition breast cancer awareness kit which I am very pleased with overall. The eyeshadows are incredibly pigmented. I ran my brush over a one of the eyeshadows and actually had to wipe it off a bit because the color payoff was insane! Next time I'll be sure to use a lighter hand! The shadows last a wicked long time- I had mine on for a 12 hour day and the colour did not track or move in the slightest and they stayed vibrant. That being said, I did use an eyeshadow primer underneath which is a general rule of thumb. The only thing that I did not really love about the eyeshadows is that I find that the colours do look a bit different in the casing than when swatched- they're not really true to color. Its not a massive difference but the difference is there. Overall I would really recommend these!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

These shadows are so underrated for the quality vs the price! I have 2 now, Glittering Sand and City Fog, and they're really pigmented and pretty! City Fog is a matte dark gray and Glittering sand is a beige base with silver glitter. I love them! The glitter formulas can have fall out as with ALL glitter eyeshadow, But I found it works great with the Sephora Glitter eye primer pot, it minimizes fall out and intensifies the color. The eyeshadows are cheap and come with a good amount of product. I definitely recommend them!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by trinities

Cocoa Powder #21 is the all purpose brown eyeshadow I've been searching for! I hope they don't stop making it! It's a beautiful matte color and quite long lasting. I have reddish brown hair and this also works well for defining my eyebrows ever so slightly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by neeuqia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I loved the colors. I bought Favorite Song, Mysterious Forest and Fairy Princess. However, I found the eyeshadows to have low pigment because I had to use alot of product even after wearing a primer. Also, the glitter got all over my face and in my eyes. And, the color just slowly faded away despite having a primer as base.
I also don't like the packaging because it was really hard for me to open the pots.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by beauty121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale for $5 and will never regret it. The color I bought was cocoa powder. It's a very pigmented orangey brown with no shimmer or fallout. I've used this as a crease color and a lid color but mostly I use it as a brow filler. Everyday, I use it for at least one of those uses, and I seriously love it.