November 27, 2014 | 1515 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - No.17 Espresso

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Kc3558

New to contouring, couldnt get it right. Heard great things about MAC harmony, but i fell in love with this shade at sephora. Highly pigmented, blends effortlessly. Its a versitile eyeshadow that can be used as a blush, it blends better than any blush i've own. Its a bit expensive, but you only need a little bit to show. I use a fan brush for a light hand. Some reviewers complained about the packaging but its not dificult at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

When I bought Espresso #17 shadow, I was looking for a dark, blend-able brown that I could wear for my everyday brown smokey-eye look. For years I've used Trish McEvoy's Eye Definer in Rich Brown (or similar shades) because they are so pigmented and great for adding depth to a smokey eye. However, perhaps because I've had those eye shadows for so long and they're getting old, I've felt that lately they've become less blend-able and it was taking a lot more effort to get the look I wanted to achieve. So, I scoured Sephora for the perfect dark brown eye shadow with superior blendability. The shadow was the only one that came even remotely close to what I was looking for. It's easy to work with and feels like velvet when I'm applying it to my lids. I'm ready to toss those old Trish McEvoy Eye Definers and I'm happy I have this new great shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A lovely matte espresso brown. The texture of these shadows is just great and I love the matte finishes. They're expensive, yes; $19 for a single shadow is a bit much but the quality is outstanding. I personally like the packaging very much. I like being able to see the color when the case is closed and I like the magnetic closure. I want a lot more of these. I just ordered the matte dark purple. I also find the matte finish is great for layering over other shadows with a more luminous texture, especially if too much shine is making crepey lids stand out. Excellent product. Would definitely repurchase if I ever run out but the size seems generous enough to last a good long while.