September 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Masks - Egg Whites

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sometimes the best skin care items are the ones found in your own fridge. I read raves about using egg whites as a mask and this stuff actually works for me. (like anything else, YMMV, depending on your skin)

I gently pat the egg whites onto my skin and let it dry for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing. My skin has a tightening feeling when I apply the egg whites and my pores do look smaller, at least temporarily.

I've been battling hormonal acne for the past 18 months and I still have yet to see any improvements but it maybe just a matter of time.

But overall, this is a great, inexpensive mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by jasminetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to see my mother doing egg whites masks and thought she was being silly, but I came across some Youtube viodes recommending this and gave it a shot. IT WORKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by meowkitties

I use egg whites on my face a couple times a week in the morning before/after my face wash. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, i know i should leave it longer but i get impatient. It definitely tightens up and tones the skin. It leaves my face feeling refreshed, tight and young.

I prefer using this natural remedy vs. a firming cream or serum that is filled with chemicals and sketchy ingredients, dyes and fragrances. Plus i've never seen a result from any firming cream but with egg whites, you feel the difference as soon as you rinse it off. It's like an instant face lift.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by andytello3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use egg whites on my skin about once a week. It helps to shrink and refine pores while tightening and evening out my skin tone. My face feels soft and refreshed after leaving on after 10 minutes. Affordable and you can use ingredients right from the fridge.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Pbokhors

Egg whites are a natural wrinkle lifter and works wonders in just a few minutes. I break an egg, pour in the egg white in a small container that i keep in the fridge and remove the yellow egg yolk. Every morning after cleansing and moisturizing, I dab with my finger some of the egg white on my '' 11 '' lines in between my brows and a bit on my forehead lines. Make sure not to frown for a couple of minutes. The skin will tighten and suddenly my lines have faded away and stays like that all day. Do not put on too much as it can come off powdery Just dab a little bit on the lines, let it dry - and voila ! Wrinkle free for the rest of the day and the cheapest alternative to Botox. I keep my egg whites in the fridge for about a week and then replace. Good luck !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by compacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love doing this because it tighten up the pores. and it good for acne.I love to beat the egg whites. and apply it to my face then wait 10mins and the with the egg yolk beat it and apply it to your face as a moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can see it works for everyone but me. It makes my dry hair all fluffly and poofy. Eggs not for me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Jas24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just LOVE applying the egg white to my face ..
i usually slice a lime n squeeze a few drops of it into the egg white ..
stir it up together & apply it to my face .. leave it on for about an hr. then rinse. this is not something that you should do daily because it tends to dry the skin .. well i use to do it daily to mines .. bad mistake!!! my face was looking so ashy! but yeah the lime juice with the egg white faded my dark marks on my face.. so i am very happy .. you could also try lemon juice! there's nothing like all natural items :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

well i cant believe i have never tried a natural mask! i was THAT close to buy a mask but i found this review that natural masks are much better than the ones you buy.
first time try, i waited for 15 minutes and after i wash it off with a warm water my face was sooooo clean and silky and clear and BRIGHT AND GLOWY! love love love!
although this can be very drying for dry/combination skin. even for my normal face, it got dry after i wash it off. but i think this is a great mask for oily/very oily skin :)
for those who do get dried up face after using this, use egg yolk after washing the egg white off (which i will review soon) or just use toner and then moisturizers
and a tip if you hate the egg smell, just use any lightweight-fragranced cleanser or toner or soap :P
and also this is like my serum substitute at night. but since i only use this on weekends when i stay at home, i dont really care of the smell :P

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by zexactly

LOVE EGG MASKS.
I don't use just the egg white. I just crack an egg into a bowl, maybe add a squirt of honey, and whisk. Then I just slather some on my face haha and let it dry. It smells like eggs, yes, and it doesn't feel too pleasant when it's dry but you skin will be glowing and smooth. I was shocked when I first used it :)
I use the leftovers for a hair mask which i don't see great results like the face mask (may be user error), but that's another review.

I imagine it would work better for oily skin than dry. Highly recommend :)