April 17, 2014 | 1865 users online

Polishes - OPI - La Paz-itively Hot Matte

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gotta say I love this polish. Standard OPI bottle and brush, so I won't say more about that. La Paz-itively Hot Matte is a slightly rosy hot pink with a fuchsia flash when seen in the light. As is obvious from the name, it's a matte and does indeed dry to a flat matte finish, but I much prefer this with topcoat on to really make the colour pop.

Application was a breeze, the formula is very easy to work with and drying time is incredibly short, probably somewhere in the region of 30s to 1 min. I got bottle colour with just one coat, no streaking or any other problems without a base coat. Wear on my toes with 1 coat of Seche Vite was about 4-5 days before major chips occurred though there was minor tip wear before that, quite reasonable because I wear covered shoes frequently and don't take much care to prevent chips.

In a nutshell, I love this shade. Application is super-easy, the colour is bright and really pops - I love using it when I'm in a bit of a funk as it's a great perk-me-up. It's also quite handy that it's a matte though I would rarely wear it as it is, since you can always give it a glossy finish with topcoat. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by stl

I liked the color, very bright hot pink with blue undertones. I wore this on my toenails as it's too bright for my fingers. The color is beautiful and it dries so quickly.
Unfortunately it doesn't last, it chipped after only 3 days (OPI nail polishes usually last more than 1 week on my toe nails!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Lvaz86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OPI's La Paz-itively Hot Matte is a hot, HOT matte pink. I have a few hot pinks but saw some swatches of this so I just had to get it. I ordered mine off eBay and was so excited for it to arrive!

I have OPI's You Don't Know Jacques Suede which is a very similar formula to the Mattes, so I knew what to expect. I actually love how it dries almost instantly, and it was pretty opaque after just one coat, but I applied 2, just to even out the slight streakiness. As I said, I knew what to expect from this type of formula so I wasn't surprised to see it chip today as I was washing my hair (I did my manicure last night). It is too bad, but I won't remove any lippies for it since the label clearly states that Mattes do not wear like regular OPI nail lacquer.

What I like best about this formula is that because it dries so fast, I'm able to Konad almost right after, and I've become a recent Konad addict, so that's bonus for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
Beatiful bright pink colour with pink sheen
Dries quickly
Two coats give fully opaque coverage
Unique matte finish

Cons
Doesn't stay on very long, chips after just one day
The colour is not very flattering on my NC25 skin. I think it will look better on my toes rather my fingernails.
Too $$$ if you buy from department store

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I am kinda mehhh about this polish. I don't like matte polishes to begin with, and I got this in a swap and she failed to tell me that it was the matte formula. >_< The color is nice enough and the matte look is alright for the first day until it starts chipping, and then it just looks like you wore the polish for a month by then. I don't know what OPI was thinking with the mattes and the suedes. I like my np shiny and I think everyone else does too!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this polish. I have heaps of pinks but the matte finish of this makes it something completely different. Application is a little bit difficult (like any matte finish). It takes 2-3 coats to make it neat and tidy. I use OPI Nail Envy Matte as a base coat and this makes the polish last a lot longer than without one. The colour is lovely and bright and quite a bit deeper toned than hot pink. Unlike the other OPI matte shades La Paz has a slight sheen to it. I really like this and would definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Court817

UPDATE-I now use the ESSIE MATTE topcoat and have decided that in comparison this polish is garbage.

That's my hand up there, 4 fingers are LaPaz Matte, the other is Lincoln Park After Dark Matte. Love the color, love the matte, hate how long it lasts (not long).

EDIT: 24 hours later, 8 nails have a small chip, 1 is intact, and 1 is a complete mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Eugeniet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first used this nailpolish, I followed the instructions - no base coat, no top coat. Polish looked amazing......for all of about 10 hours, when I noticed the polish on my little finger had almost entirely peeled off. Grrr. So, I figured I had nothing to lose by trying a base and top coat - after all, the polish was barely getting thru a work day. I tried using Orly's Bonder Basecoat and Matte Top Topcoat, and I can now get three to four chip free days. The polish looks slightly more satin than without the topcoat, but still pretty matte. Very nice polish, and I love the unusual finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

I usually stay away from magenta-ish colors because they dont go well will my C4 skin, I bought this color because of the amazing swatches I saw online. It went well with my skin tone. Although I dont find this product to be SUPER matte, (like how the Essie matte about you top coat makes everything look) I find that this product looks like really pretty satin. It has a slight sheen to it, but not the usual gloss effect.

I did use a base coat, and I did use hand lotion and rose salve on my hands, but I just quickly wiped the surface of my nails on my pants, and I was back to the matte/satin look (that wasnt so bad! OPI kept scaring us about using any products, w/ this polish, and it was fine with me!) I didnt get any chipping on the first day. I did get a slight chip on 1 of my nails when I was fumbling with the groceries, but I suspect that it was due to my nail not being in good condition to begin with, so I wont blame the polish for that.

Overall, this was a pretty polish!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by shaunix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! It looks so different compared to all of the regular nail polishes. So far its still going strong after 1 day :)...The color is also beautiful!! I want this in the green shade (can't remember the name right now.)