August 30, 2014 | 1077 users online

Hair Color - Schwarzkopf - Brilliance hair color

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ginny22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tired a lot of hair colours and now I use the Schwarzkopf Hypnotic Red and I just love it. I continually get complements on my hair colour as it stays so bright from colour to colour. It only has one flaw as the colour shows up on my pillow and the colour comes out on the first few washes. Otherwise it is fantastic and I wouldn't use anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by kaylababin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My natural hair colour is a medium brown, although I dye it pretty regularly so it's always either a shade of red or chocolate brown. Whatever colour it is though, the Red Passion colour dyes it all evenly and makes it a lovely colour all over, very similar to the one shown on the front of the box. I love this hair dye above all others I've tried, because it doesn't smell overwhelmingly like chemicals, it dyes evenly, and you get a goodly amount of product in the box :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by tysgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This hair dye was the first one I have ever used and refuse to try anything else, the dark red diamond is a really gorgeous colour and stays for quite a while since I've been away for a while and haven't dyed my hair in about 10 weeks people just ask if the dark brown/red is my natural colour. Sure the product fades but the ones that I've tried have all done so nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by amanda999

I LOVE this hairdye. It's amazing. If you have black asian hair like me, this is good. My hair isn't bleached but I've coloured it quite a few times so it might be lighter brown-ish black

I got this in a violet colour and it came out great. I know most asian likes that bleach kinda brown-hair look. That's exactly what my hair looks like after the colour fades but giving it a faint look.

I'm also using Matrix Colour Shampoo & Conditioner to keep the colour nice and fresh, hopefully the colour will last more longer and than usual. I'm always out in the sun and about and the colour does fade after couple of months. I will update this in a couple of months time for process.

As for price I got this on sale for $13 NZD, so that's all goods :)

When I was apply this, the smell was really really strong. This labelled no ammonia but there's definitely a strong scent to it. I'm gonna give it a 4 outta 5 because of the strong smell.

Overall, I like this and would definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by MissNoirNoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always been a fan of purple toned hair, so I thought I would try out this permanent shade from Schwarzkopf. In Australia this box cost me around $15 (because my hair is long and thick, I bought two boxes just in case, but one was enough).
The product itself is not a crème, which can make application a little tricky, but if you apply to the roots first with a hair-dying brush and then massage the rest onto the strands you should be ok. Beware- the smell is STRONG so make sure wherever you're applying this colour is well ventilated and your cover up bench tops and yourself because it does stain.
I found that because my hair is dark (almost black), the intense violet colour shown on the box wasn't as strong, but the purple is still there in sunlight and hair is left soft and luminous. For what it's worth, the colour is nice, but I would have expected a little more from Schwarzkopf.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel like with this hair color and every other at-home kit, you luck out with some shades and not with others. I've used this before in a dark blonde shade (just to lighten up my medium-brown hair--not hoping for the impossible extreme-lift or anything) and a true red one (Red Passion). Both times it did exactly what it promised and more or less respected the integrity of my hair. Fine. This time I was hoping to play up my natural copper undertone (on my proud born-again virgin hair) with Red Hot Caramel, but it didn't go that well. The roots and mid-lengths are quite nice but quite red-red, but the ends turned plummy-brown! There are also some parts which actually lightened a lot around my ears, which doesn't go well at all with the rest. I don't even really understand what happened with this one.
Don't buy Red Hot Caramel, but give Brilliance a shot if you want a fairly simple color result (true red, blonde, black and cool browns) but watch out for colors with more complicated tones. Also, as usual, always buy a shade quite a bit lighter than you think you want. Better to have not-so-intense results than blackish bits, as I'm reminded once again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lolibee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Violet Vision. The day before, I bleached my dark brown (with blonde highlights) hair to a brassy, lighter brown, hoping to get a vibrant colour after dyeing. The box shows significantly purple hair in the after pictures when compared to black/dark brown/medium brown hair, simply turning a lighter purple, depending on how light the before picture was. Although these are obviously photoshoppped, I thought that they must be somewhat accurate, so the colour would take nicely to my hair. This was not true! I followed instructions correctly, and ended up with black hair! Even my blonde highlights have turned black. And under the light, my hair gives off a brown tint, there isn't really any purple at all. The colour did turn out even all over my hair which was quite a few different shades, and it made my hair shiny and soft. Honestly, the resulting hair colour is quite nice, but it is nothing like what I am after, very inaccurate to the examples shown on the box! Disappointed, and I will not be repurchasing.

Edit:
It's been 10 days since I dyed my hair with this. I read up on ways to lighten/remove permanent hair dyes and tried them out. After a few washes, this faded to a dark purple that's only visible under the light. I think it looks quite nice, but I still don't like how it made my hair so much darker. But then it soon changed again, it is now a lot more reddish. Of course I expected this to happen, but not so soon! The purple stage of this hair colour does not last very long, fades to red quickly!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Samy34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is not at all good for dark hair as the dye deposits colour but does not lift hair colour. I have dark brown almost black hair and mixed Chocolate Rush and Dark Red Diamond to dye my hair. I left it on for exactly 30 mins and once rinsed there was almost no difference. Except that when I go in the sun you can see a Chocolate Red tint in my hair. Which is quite nice but not what I was going for:( I havent tried the Schwarzkopf dyes which are made for dark hair but I doubt they will work(not that Ive tried any).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by greenalfoil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brand. I use 'Red Passion' and it's amazing. I have used it for 2 years, has never hurt nor ruined my hair, the colour is bright and shiny. I've dyed my hair many many times, different brands, different colours, but this brand is definitely the best.
I understand some people have problems with this product (I don't know why) but the colour, amazing, the product is great for my hair and the conditioner is great.

Pros:
- Great colour
- Great price
- Easy to put together
- Doesn't stain skin ( I don't put Vaseline or anything on my face before hand, I just clean the excess after doing my regrowth)

Cons
- Doesn't last too long ( I use red so that's probably why ) I redye every 3 weeks-ish

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently used this in Red Passion with great results. I am giving 4 lippies rather than 5 for 2 reasons. 1. The colour is fading very quickly on the greys...less than 2 weeks and they are now a pink shade. I know red shades tend to fade fast but this is far from the 90% brilliance after 30 washes claimed on the box. 2. Be sure to read the fine print carefully! I initially chose a different shade only to discover when I got home that it wasn't suitable for greying or previously coloured hair - this warning was in very small print at the bottom of the box, warnings like this should be more prominent. Glad I noticed before I got the colour on my hair!