November 22, 2014 | 907 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Gravity

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Nohinsara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As other reviewers have said, this lipstick tastes like death! Seriously the worst taste - even worse than the old Revlon lipsticks. It's horrible and quite persistent, which is so unfortunate since the colour of the lipstick is so pretty! It's a rich vampy red with a subtle shimmer - exactly what I was looking for. Alas, I might as well give this lipstick to my kids to finger paint with because it's completely useless to me, I can't stand to wear for any amount of time! Boo UD!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by sarahjeangirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this color. However the taste of the lipstick is absolutely horrible. I cannot get over it. It's a bitter, nasty taste that really lingers. I'm also not a fan of the packaging; it's bulky and I don't like the dagger feature. I will not be buying any more UD lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

UD should probably stick to eyeshadows... This is a very sheer, glitter laced red lipstick. In the tube it looks quite bright, a really vampy red, but it goes on very sheer, almost like a tinted lip balm. It settles into lip lines and if you press your lips together it seems to rub off. Somehow the glitter doesn't even show up much. It would be okay as a sheer balm style lipstick if not for the settling, spreading lack of evenness.

The smell isn't as bad as some reviewers make out, it smells like lollies...

The packaging looks cool, but it is quite heavy and the lid is hard to get off, you have to turn the little dagger and pull quite hard, which isn't comfortable. The two points I've given it for packaging are due to how stylish it looks.

On the whole I'm not impressed, I expected something with a lot more colour payoff and this doesn't deliver. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by bedazzeledberet

I found Gravity to be a very dark red/pink that looked very vampy and great for a night out due to the harshness of the colour, but I have a very pale face. It can also make the teeth look a little yellow even though they aren't, which can be a little annoying. But, there is something about this colour that I love, and makes me smile. However swatch it in the shop before you buy it, just in case.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by hieppity

Absolutely gorgeous colour. I find it a bit hard to find a lipstick that's darker than my skin (I'm a super tanned Asian) but not over the top, and this is it. It builds to a lovely medium berry colour.

It also lasts quite well during the day, although part of that must be attributed to how foul it tastes.. and I thought it was my cooking. But really, the lipstick is incredibly bitter to the taste.

Came on quite creamy and hasn't dried my lips out, so happy with that.

And the packaging is ridiculously cute!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this color. On me, it's a deep purple berry with a hint of pink. The formula is pretty creamy and in general, it's a sophisticated look for a woman who wants a deep berry, plum or burgandy lip but does not want to look like she's in a Goth costume. On me, it's 'everyday goth" and that suits me fine :) It has a light caramel/creme brulee scent.
It DOES have a few problems. I have to make sure I dont wear it with anything under or over it that brings out the pink in it - it goes from deep berry to cheap fuchsia in a quick turn and then it looks terrible. It also does that if I try to wear it too sheer-it needs enough application to build up some body or only the fuchsia remains and it's not a flattering version of the color.
The taste. It's bitter and gagworthy. I will put up with a lot for great lipstick, but it's remarkably unpleasant and doesn't taste like it smells.
The packaging. any other review will go on an on about this and they are right. It's cute, if immature, but bulky and annoying.
I'd buy it again, but if I could find a replacement, I'd ditch it in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by smeegal9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this has no reviews, so I'll go first. This is described as a true rich red. This color looks exactly like UD Gash without the metallic sheen. It took me a while to figure it out. I swatched it on me, on paper, on strangers...and I cant fugure out why they did it, but they look just alike. So of course I love the dagger, very sturdy casing, pretty purple. The only thing I hate about UD lippies is the nasty smell/taste they leave in my mouth. And it lingers! It's so bad that it makes me not want to eat. Thats not a bad deal, lipstick+apettite supressant, but gosh! It's bad!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No