October 24, 2014 | 1685 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Ideal Balance

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was devastated when I discovered this was discontinued. I used the shade 'Buff.' I had been using it for about 4 years and have never been fully satisfied with any other foundation I've since tried. I have fairly good skin but it tends to err on the side of sensitive if I'm not careful. This gave me just the right amount of coverage to keep a natural appearance and I never broke out (a break out was usually dermatitis rather than pimples for me.) It was a fairly light-medium coverage so I'm ot sure this would be a favoured product for people who need really good coverage.
I love that this was a very natural skin tone and never threw off any orange or pink hues and never oxidized even after a long day. It was easy to blend both on it's own and in conjunction with other foundations (incase I wanted fuller covereage for nights out etc.)
Also worth mentioning was that if my face ever got a bit wet from rain or sweat, it didn't turn that awful pale, runny liquid that most foundations do! Water almost beaded off it as if I wasn't wearing any foundation which rocked!
Once again, devastated that it has been discontinued - if anyone knows of a foundation as close to this as possible let me know!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by urs123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so sad this has been discontinued. Great coverage, lasted and no breakouts. This foundation was one of the VERY FEW that are advertised as non-comedogenic. Ie non pore clogging. I also checked the ingredients list against standard pore cloggers and none of the ingredients in this foundation were pore clogging. Very good L'Oreal. Flattering subtle yellow tone in the sand shade. Photographed beautifully too. Now I'm on a mission to find something else that won't clog pores - surprisingly difficult!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Yazzie04

I will Never buy this product again. It was able to cover up my redness and pores but I would breakout the next day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Sometimes i don't need foundation but want a bit just to look polished... That's when i use this. I actually prefer this to my precious dior airflash because the colour matches perfectly. Coverage is so-so but the finish is natural and the longevity... Lasts till you take it off. I would repurchase but cannot find this anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by jeki14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i used to purchase this foundation in the colour "Beige" which as some of the other reviews pointed out, is a light yellow toned shade I am cool toned but this foundation was a dream for me-it evened out/neutralized the redness in my skin and made my skin look perfect. I have very oily skin, and this foundation did not make my skin greasier, or too dry and lasted for hours. The color also did not change. I was so sad that this go discontinoued! i don't get why Loreal would discontinue this product. I have no found anything as good as this foundation unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by tanlinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got given this from a mate who bought a shade too dark for her skintone.
To it's credit, this is one of the few foundations I've tried that matches my skintone PERFECTLY. However it is very greasy and made me breakout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why this product is discontinued in Mexico!! Im REALLY really sad about that. This is the perfect foundation for me. I was 307 beige. I look at my photos when I used to have this, and my skin looks perfect, and thats kinda nostalgic to me :(
Perfect skin match, does not feels dry or oily, does last hours and hours.. I don't know where to get it again. If anyone know a dupe for this, please, please let me know. I think loreal true match could be the better version of ideal balance... but I have to try it and tell you.
brunairatti@rocketmail.com

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

sometimes I will look at pictures of myself from different times , or even think about periods in my life when everything seemed to be coming together beauty wise and try and think what was i using then. I have even resorted to zooming in on pictures of myself in mexico to try and see what was in my clear beach bag. I used this years ago when i went to europe and forgot it there, i just rememer that it was amazing thats all, and gave great coverage. but now its discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Jenny__Girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would probably buy this product again. I got a great deal on it (don't know if they are changing packaging or discontinuing it though). The color match for me was in Beige, and it had good yellow undertones for my skin, instead of most drugstore foundations that have a peach/pink undertone.

It applied smoothly with moderate coverage. It gave a very slightly dewy look, but not shiny --definitely not matte though. I did not need to touch up all day and my foundation stayed true to color and clear looking all day long.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Braegah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is not ideal for mature skin. It seemed to settle into every line and wrinkle. In fact, it settled into nooks and crannies that I didn't even know I had! It was heavy and slightly oily feeling on my skin, even after setting it with powder. Although it may work well for younger, more supple faces, it was a poor choice for me. I will not use it again.