April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Bellsss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works fine but I'm sure there are much better tinted moisturizers. Some product dries and comes out hard but that's not too big of a deal. It feels kind of heavy and greasy when applied but once it settles into your skin, you don't feel it! It sucks there's not too broad a color choice but I have light-fair and because it's so sheer, it doesn't really matter much. I probably will use it this summer until I run out. It also hasn't broken me out so we'll see!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the texture of this product. It is just thick enough to provide a bit of coverage without looking cakey. It may look orangey out of the bottle, but it does not look that way on my face. (For me, at least, tinted moisturizer almost always goes on much lighter than it looks right out of the bottle.) I love that it is SPF 30 instead of SPF 15, since I want to wear at least SPF 30 on my face and hate layering products. I don't see a shimmer in this product. It does give a slightly dewy look (and I do have to add powder to my nose and forehead, but I have to do that with any tinted moisturizer or moisturizer-foundation combination), but nothing shimmery.

I wish it came in a wider range of shades, though. The fair to light works ok for me (I don't know my MAC equivalent, but I'd guess it's somewhere in the NC 15-20 range), but just barely. It's better for summer than winter, and there's no lighter shade to opt for in winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's not a bad tinted moisturizer (I got Fair to Light). Matched my skin tone well and gave me a decent level of moisture. But as for Aveeno's claim that it lightens age spots -- NOPE! I saw no difference after using the whole bottle and applying daily. And believe me, I would have liked to have seen some improvement!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by chelsea1313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was okay in my opinion, but not a perfect match for what I'm looking for. It only comes in 3 shades, and the darkest is medium. I have naturally tan skin and the medium is still too light for me. I have to wear powder over it so my face doesn't look noticeably paler than the rest of me. It is a good moisturizer, and this winter I haven't noticed my face being dry or peeling like it normally does when it gets chilly out. This product will give your skin a dewy, shiny look so definitely go really light when applying it! I wish that it came in a shade darker. If it did it would be the only product that I would buy. Its perfect for wear under powders and its perfect for those days when you dont want to wear makeup. It evens skin tone and makes my skin glow and it doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup. It usually stays on my face well but some days I have to reapply it. My skin DOESN'T feel greasy by the end of the day so I really like that. Its a great moisturizer that feels light on your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

This product was good. What I did not like was that it has sparkles in it. Also, it only has I think 2 or 3 color options, so it might look weird on your skin. It blends well and has really good coverage for a TM, but it is kind of oily looking so I always had to use powder or blot right away and then it didn't look right. But favorite TM.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by kittyrose

This REALLY made me break out. Usually Aveeno products don't irritate my sensitive skin, but this was an exception. About 5 days after I started using it, I noticed a few large pimples. I generally don't have acne, but these were high school-like pimples: large, no whitehead. I wanted to love this, since I've been looking for an affordable tinted moisturizer. But this was a total fail. I stopped using it for a few days and immediately saw an improvement. I threw it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Hooverbunny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great moisturizer but too light of a tint with sparkles

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by WavesChild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This TM is nice if you want very light coverage. It evens out skin tone and adds a little bit of a glow to the skin. Unfortunately, it does have some sparkles in it. You don't notice it too much unless you really look at your skin but if you have acne, that is a huge no no. Even with primer and setting powder, this doesn't last the day. By the end of the day, it has mostly worn off or makes skin look greasy. But then again, I live in Southern California and I play sports so I sweat a lot. So overall it's nice for school or if don't have time for a full foundation routine. I may repurchase but I'm really loving the tarte TM bb cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by chc11310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is pretty good. I bought it just to even out my skin for when I run errands or go to the gym. I hate wearing thick foundations or bb creams on a daily basis or for just grocery shopping. This evens my skin tone perfectly, and the best part is it feels like you have nothing on which is my pet peeve. This is going to give a very light coverage, not build able to medium, it is just great for evening skin tone. Wouldn't recommend if you have problematic skin and are looking for something to cover up blemishes. I would say its a nice dewy finish on my dry skin but I'm sure for oily skin it could look a bit oily. I really like it. Warning: it does come out a bit thick when you first pump it out of the bottle but once it sets it looks great - I personally think it looks better after about 20 minutes of wear. For me this costed $15 at Target which I think is a bit expensive but it's good IF you are strictly looking for a light, even-toned look. This is quite lighter in coverage than a bb cream

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by mand3rin

I was super hopeful for this as I really like the regular Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer, but the formula for this is a lot thicker than the regular one. It also has tons of little sparkles which I find weird, though it didn't show up on my face. It stayed on pretty well but made me extremely oily! Will be returning