September 18, 2014 | 1987 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - Graphic Garden Define and Blend Brush Set

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I caved and bought the this set after getting the shape and perfect set a couple of days before. This one comes in a white bag with black roses, small bag inside to put your brushes and 5 SE brushes. The brushes include: 129SE, 190SE, 252SE, 219SE and 209SE. What interested me in this set was the 219SE pencil brush, which I did not have yet. When I went to the mac counter I noticed that the shape and perfect set was already sold out, which didn't surprise me since I assumed that one would be more popular than this one.

The brush set cost $58 canadian. Upon examining the brushes after I brought them home, I noticed right away that the 129SE had sorta gross bristles on it, they were black, but some of them were purple, it looked as though they had not been dyed all the way. And there was also a minor smell to the 129SE. Smell really bothers me with brushes because it makes them gross to use on your face, plus it cheapens them a lot. I have bought brushes from coastal scents and most of those smell really bad, like dead animal and Mac brushes have never ever smelled up until this set. So the 129SE disappointed me a bit, doesn't seem up to Mac standards imo. I have washed it and will see if the smell dissipates. The 190SE seems fine, stiff and thick. I think the head on it is just the same size as the full size brush, no difference except for the handles being short. The 252SE also disappointed me, this is a large eyeshadow brush, looks like it will be too big for my eyes, but I will make it work, the bristles on this one are not soft and brittle. The 209SE seems fine, a bit flimsy, I don't know how this compares to the full size since I do not have it. The 219SE is very nice though, this brush alone would cost you $20ish so I am happy it came in this set, without it, this set would be a disappointment because the brushes seem really cheap quality.

I would recommend getting the shape and perfect set because it is much better. If the 219SE had been included in the other set, in place of perhaps the 212SE, I would of passed on this set, I only really bought it for the 219SE, I was hoping that the 129SE would of been better. The makeup bag is cute though and I will use these brushes, I am just not liking them as much as the shape and perfect set.