October 26, 2014 | 1336 users online

Other - MAC - Mixing Medium Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Wickedxchick

I use this as a sealer. Ill do my makeup and if i use glitter ill pat gel at the final result it literally seals it all my glitter will last all night with no fall out. It is also great for eyebrows. I do my eyebrows everyday. I put gel allover my eyebrow then draw it with a brown eyeshadow using an angle brush and last tap gel on top of my eyebrows, sometimes ill fall asleep and without washing my face in the morning my eyebrows are still intact !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

I have MAC's Mixing Medium in both the gel and the eyeliner medium, and I've tried both several times with pigments, loose glitters, reflects glitters, etc., and I can say after several run throughs with both, the Mixing Medium gel is far superior to the eyeliner medium by a long shot! This seriously is the most effective thing I've used to foil pigments, glitters, or reflects glitters without fall out. I've tried other similar products from other companies that were designed for the same purpose, and nothing compares to the quality of this. It's definitely going to be a permanent staple in my stash. Perfection for sure!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by AthleticTrainer

This is by far my favorite medium to foil pigments!! It only takes a tiny bit of the gel to achieve gorgeously foiled loose shadows/pigments! I apply this in one of two ways. The first way to apply it is to apply a bit of the mixing medium gel on the back of your hand and dip the brush in it, then dip the brush in the loose shadow/pigment and apply. Or my favorite way is to put a bit of the mixing medium gel into the top of the container and work with what is on the top of the container or even add a bit of the loose shadow/pigment to the gel from the container. It works beautifully! It is easy to apply and blend and does not take long to dry. I applied a pigment this way to a client, waited a few minutes for it to dry and then took some glitter and repeated the process and put it over the eyeliner and it just made her eyes pop for her prom pictures! This works for applying glitter because it makes the glitter adhere much better, thus resulting in much less fall out, most of the time no fall out. It is available for $20 at MAC Pro. You can call CS to order it if you do not have a Pro store near you. It's really not expensive because you get 4 oz!! Only a tiny bit is needed to foil loose shadows/pigments! This is definitely something I'll keep in my kit!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No