September 18, 2014 | 1629 users online

Styling Products - Boots - Essential Curl Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by missmelanierose

Reasonable price, okay product - it left my curly hair a bit stiff and sticky, but my second-day hair was a frizzy mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by productmoosh

This product is the best thing i have ever found for my medium curly hair. if i leave my hair without any product it goes flat at the root and the curls just look wrong!! this creme defines my curles, and gives me volume which stays for 2 full days!!!!!
i discovered it about 6 years ago, and have tried many many curling products before and after this, but none of them have all the qualities of this cream which is definition, volume, non-crunchy, and my hair has always felt healthy when using this, despite the fact that i blowdry it every 2-3 days.
however i ran out (~even though i usually keep a stock of about 3 tubs)have been looking for it for about 2 months, and every boots store including online says that it is out of stock!!!! i am in the midst of a panic and have bought a about 6 other curl cremes since to test them out, but nothing is working, and my hair is a bit of a freak show every other day!!! if anyone knows where to buy this stuff or when it will be restocked i will be forever indebted to you!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Camstar1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amen! finally a good product at a great price that is also useful for afro hair!

This styling cream is actually one of the best if not the best for my shoulder length natural afro-caribbean hair, and do you know what? It is available (for once) on the high street for under 2GBP.

For twist outs after cowashing, it is the business for 4c'ers. The newer formula (2011/2012 batches) do not have silicones at all. I absolutely love this stuff as it not only is very moisturising, it leaves the best curls and waves in my hair, and anyone with afro hair will know what that means.

My favourite technique is to cowash my hair, then seal in the moisture using this styling cream and one of my favourite hair oils, then to cornrow my hair quite loosely overnight. The next morning, the results are unbelievable (literally!)! I never believed that such definition was possible on natural afro hair I am ashamed to say.

Go try ladies, and enjoy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sammiechan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG for definate! I have naturally straight hair and it's so hard to keep curls even for an hour until i decided to try this seeing as it's like 2. It smells nice, holds curls nice, isn't crunchy and can be used on dry or damp hair. One thing though - it seems to irritate my hands as i get pomphlyx after use but i put on gloves now to avoid that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ive loved this for years! i stopped using it for about a year but nothing ive found is better! especially not considering how dirt cheap this is. I think initially i stopped using it after 3 years if use because i felt it was weighing down my hair due to the silicone content. However thats easily dealt with because now all i do is use a purifying shampoo once a week to get rid of the build up and its made all the difference. It gives amazing curls that dont have the hard texture that gels give and actually gives definition unlike moose. I love this and am hooked all over again. I bought 4 more tubs lol

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

This product is the best I have tried for my short-medium softly curly hair! I have gone through two tubs of this stuff, and as my second tub is nearing empty, I'm planning to buy one more.

The product is a softly pink tinted gel cream in a round tub. I'm not a big fan of the packaging, as I would rather prefer something that was easier to open and dispense product from. But to the price of 1.35, I really can't complain.

I apply a small lump of creme to wet hair and let it air dry, this leaves me with soft and defined curls with only a tolerable amount of frizz - no crunch or heaviness to the hair. If I want to define & shine my hair a bit more, I put in some mousse and Moroccanoil. I get a lot of compliments on my hair when I style it this way!

For longer haired people I would recommend something with a little bit more hold to it though, as it didn't do as much to my hair then. I, however, will definitely purchase this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bikn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why this product got good reviews. It doesn't make my hair feel or look good. Does not define and does not soften my hair. Will never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by nance8979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine (but thick) curly hair that is very prone to frizz. I had heard about this product on the NC message boards and people swore it was HG, so I had been wanting to try it for over a year, but couldn't justify the international shipping. So, on a trip to visit family in London in August, I stocked up on 4 jars at approx. $2 USD each!

I have to say, it has worked wonders. I scrunch it into my hair after my leave-in conditioner and serum while my hair is dripping wet. I finish it off with a light gel, and plop my hair in a microfiber towel for 15 minutes or so.

The product leaves my hair less frizzy, with good clumpage and shine. I am very, very happy with it. As others have said, you only need a small amount. My first jar lasted me 8 months and during that time my thick hair was halfway down my back (I just cut it to my shoulders a few weeks ago).

So, even though the international shipping is expensive, I would say it's worth it if you don't think you'll be headed over to the UK any time soon, or don't know anyone over there who can mail it to you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by findingeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOWWWEEEE
it's unbelievable how much this product costs for the value!!
Great value for money.
I know it's a curl creme but my hair is straight and it works great!
I've been using it for about 2 months now, after i wash my hair, i put some leave in conditioner and then apply this product all over and it just gives it a bit of definition and control.
the lady in Boots advised me against buying it, she said that it made her hair go hard, but i thought: for the price (and MUA) i'm just going to try it myself and i'm so glad i did, it definitely doesn't make your hair hard, i would say it makes it softer (and i apply it quite generously).

I highly recommend this product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by juliajazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've just had my hair curled for the first time of my life. Thanks MUAers for introducing me to this product. It's easy to find and very cheap so I can use with generous amount. Texture is great, more like hair conditioner with curl defining power for natural look. Smells good in the jar, however on my hair it smells a bit like hair bleach cream but I don't mind. Good keeper. Will buy again.