July 31, 2014 | 1977 users online

Shampoo - Palmer's - Coconut Oil Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked a bottle of this shampoo up because it said it was a conditioning shampoo, and my usual hair products weren't cutting it this winter. My hair remained dry and strawlike no matter what, so I felt it was time to switch it up. This is a nice thick creamy white shampoo that smells heavenly, usually I'm not one for coconut scents but I really enjoyed it, almost made think it was warmer weather out lol. This shampoo felt like it both cleansed my hair and provided mositurizer, but despite that I still used a conditioner in the shower just because. The result was my hair finally felt better moisturized and was able to retain that more importantly. My hair didn't feel weighed down or greasy. For $5 it was definitely worth it and if my next hair wash routine doesn't work out I may return to this one. Even my husband was drawn to this since I caught his hair smelling like coconut at times, he admitted to stealing a bit and enjoying it more than his basic shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a little on the fence about this shampoo. I love the smell, it actually smells like proper coconut not some chemical fake smell. My hair is extremely fine and I was afraid this sort of 'moisturizing' shampoo would weigh it down. My hair also has highlights so I didn't want anything to change the colour or strip it of moisture too much.

This shampoo is sulfate free which makes it safe for my hair colour. Also, no silicones, so it doesn't 'over-sleek' my fine hair. Normally my hair gets greasy super fast, but not with this shampoo.

What I love about this product is that it's so mild, no dry, itchy scalp. At the same time it leaves my hair thicker than any volume shampoo I have ever tried.

You'd think with all this I wouldn't hesitate to buy again... Yet there's one little thing that really annoys me about it. For some reason I can't seem to rinse this stuff out properly. Even when my hair is completely dry, the top of it sometimes still feels slightly damp, which is weird. Funnily enough it doesn't show at all, it doesn't look greasy, but I feel like it does. My boyfriend thinks I'm paranoid and doesn't think it feels damp or greasy at all, but I beg to differ.

Other than that this stuff is pretty amazing and I do feel it's doing my hair a world of good... And I can't resist the gorgeous smell. So at the moment I'm thinking it may be worth taking a bit more care in rinsing it out properly.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo smells of chemical coconut (slightly less chemical than the matching conditioner). This left my scalp itchy, flakey and dry, and my curly hair was left dry and rough when used in conjunction with the conditioner. (I used the remainder of my small bottle as body wash, which surprisingly didn't irritate my skin).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by FrancyE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The smell is divine. however, no noticeable improvements for damaged hair like mine. I've used real pure coconut oil instead and the results were much better. I repeat, the smell of Palmers' products is seductive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by honu66

Because it said coconut oil on the package, I bought it at Big Lots for 1$1.80, but it is so drying to my hair. I see the drying affects immediately. My hair tangles so easily after this, and there is no benefit w/this other than smell. If you like coconut scent this may be for you. If you want moisture, clean, shiny soft hair...this may not be for you. It wasn't for me. Even at the price, I wouldn't purchase again.
Note, I do not blowdry, curl or straighten my hair often. Just once a week. Other than that, I am a wash n air dry my hair kinda person.
This did nothing good for my hair. Sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like that this product is light and doesn't weigh my hair down (which I find important for my curls) and the bottle seems to be never ending. Perfect summer shampoo for washing hair more frequently. Smells delicious.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Natashia

I bought small bottles of these to try them out, as I love coconut scent. I am very disappointed as i usually like Palmer's products. This is drying to the hair, my hair feels stripped and tanged slightly after washing. Expected it is be more moisutrising.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this. Not really very moisturizing though. It's a good, basic shampoo without silicones. It smells awesome; coconutty, but not terribly sweet. I thought it lathered okay, but not as well as the cocoa butter formula, and rinsed clean.

I got the 6.4 oz. size at Big Lots for $1.80, and would repurchase, but mostly for the scent on days I wear coconut body products.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by monalisa

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have relaxed AA hair, so my hair is between a 3B and 3C. In additon to naturally dry and curly hair, it's also chemically processed and therefore in need constant moisturizing.
I tried this because I really love Palmers' Coconut Oil Hair Milk, which can be used in dry or damp hair and really moisturizes without making hair greasy.
The shampoo and conditioner in the line is a whole different story. My hair felt very stripped and dry after using this shampoo and the conditioner (the Repairing version at that) didn't help to restore the moisture loss. My hair looked and felt horribly dry (with added frizz) until my next cleansing and conditioning.
I would never repurchase this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have consulted MUA for Palmer's shampoos, but only the Olive Oil range was reviewed. So I tried this based on uncertainty. Yes a rather strong coconut smell was evident. Shampoo doesn't lather much altho I use the same amount as other shampoos. It doesn't leave a squeakyclean effect on hair, and washes away with little entanglements in my hair. It was an average shampoo. I wanted to try this with the conditioner for full effects (see conditioner review)