October 20, 2014 | 1760 users online

Liquid - Fresh - Umbrian Clay Freshface Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by quinndien

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found a great match for my skin tone with this foundation. I'm half Vietnamese and half Scottish, so I have both yellow undertones AND redness. Super attractive. Anyway, Sandy Lane did a great job of neutralizing the redness while matching my yellow undertones. I have a really hard time finding a good color match, so that's a huge plus.

My skin is also oily and acne prone. This foundation didn't feel too heavy and didn't aggravate my acne. It's a little on the drier side, so it helps to keep oil at bay. However, nothing works miracles, so I still have to blot after a few hours of wear.

I would consider this a light to medium coverage foundation. I really like it when my skin is in good shape and doesn't need too much help. For me, it's a great summertime foundation when I want something a little lighter. I will definitely keep this in my makeup rotation!

If I need a bit more coverage or moisture, I turn to my Jane Iredale BB Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by thewolfwife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On my second bottle. This is the only foundation (Fair Isle) to EVER color match me. Beautiful, glowy, natural finish. Didn't break out my acne prone sensitive skin. LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Fashionista97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always had acne prone skin. I never imagined paying for the higher end foundations, I was using drugstore foundation, figuring out they broke my skin out worse! I started using Umbrian Clay Foundation, it was received as a gift in December. I loved it! It gave me amazing coverage and it was very easy to apply. It was a bit drying though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by nrwagner4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I suffer from EXTREME Eczema on my face and I've tried tons of high end makeup. Everything just makes it look blotchy and even more flaky. The entire Fresh line has actually cleared my face up and it looks better than it ever has. I love this makeup cause it's lightweight but it's still build able. It actually heals my face. The clay in it tightens my face and makes my fine lines disappear! It's moisturizing and effective. I won't buy another foundation other than mineral for Summer days on the beach, and the Dior spray foundation. This one is my go to!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by xxgriff583

While & after suffering with a vicious acne cycle I found myself on the neverending quest to find a foundation that would help my cause. I tried EVERYTHING (including MAC, Makeup For Ever, Chanel, Armani, etc. etc.) and found myself in a ditch where I was still embarrassed to be seen in public no matter the foundation I had on. Haunting and probably ridiculous I know, but still. I just rediscovered this item, which I had purchased a month or two back and forgotten about/had never really given a shot and fell in LOVE. I combine this with my Laura Mercier and the duo is PERFECT. I can't say enough about this foundation. I can't believe it hasn't gotten matching reviews. If you are out there and are one of those people with sensitive/acne prone skin & have found yourself in the same ditch that I did all too many times, PLEASE go get a sample of this. It's a great one. & to say more, this is the only review I have ever done and probably will ever do. Get it you guys! xx

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by strangepet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm still pretty new to high end makeup. I went to my local Sephora after discovering the existence of mattifying foundation, and got a handful of samples to try. I think it's gross when you can really tell a woman's face is covered in foundation, and prefer to look like I'm not wearing any. I have very pale oily skin, and am prone to breakouts. This medium coverage foundation has been, hands down, the best I have ever worn. Blends perfectly, I haven't had any gnarly zits since I started using it, and have received compliments from friends on how good my skin looks lately. I dust over it with a light Mary Kay finishing powder. I think I'm even getting less zits now than when I wasn't wearing any makeup at all. Definitely give it a shot if you're prone to breakouts. If all else fails, Sephora has a great return policy.

Unfortunately, they stopped carrying it in my local Sephora so I have to buy online.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product just simply does not work for my oily skin. Maybe it is the skin lustre powder i put on top, but either way my skin is so oily when i wear this, it is unacceptable.If this weren't a problem it would probably be an okay foundation.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

I recently tried this foundation again WITHOUT the Fresh Face Lustre on top of it and i love it! I am not oily whatsoever. The face lustre powder was just the culprit. Now I love this foundation, aside from not very much coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The premise of this product seems so good.....but the actual product is so very disappointing. I expected it to go on nice and matte-ish, but nope. It felt almost silicone-y, and it was not as matte nor as opaque (or pigmented) as I expected it to be. The shades run very light, I got the darkest shade and it was still a tad too light (I'm an NC35!), so this might work better for fairer and dryer skins. As for me, this one doesn't make the cut & it's going back to Sephora.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the darkest shade, and the color was spot on. Upon application, I noticed it felt thicker than most of the foundations I had tried in the past, but since I only use very little, it didnt matter. Looked very pretty at first, but as the day progressed .. I got oilier and oilier looking. Until it was ridiculous. I had to wash it off. Too bad, because it didnt break me out, felt good on, and the color was perfect. But its way too expensive and not good enough for me. Will take back to store.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by WickedFunWitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Being as pale as I am, it has taken me a very, very long time to find a foundation that worked for me. After going through countless drugstore foundations (I'm cheap, so the idea of paying much horrifies me), I eventually decided to suck it up and went into a local Sephora to try to find a foundation. I spoke with one of the sales people and after going through about six different brands and shades of makeup (ranging from Make Up For Ever to NARS to lord-knows-what-else), she finally tried Fresh in the palest shade. It was so perfect that she literally did a little jump of joy in the air.

Now, this foundation is not necessarily perfect. It is pretty damned expensive and it definitely left oil resting on my skin after five or six hours (blotting handles his well, though), but it feels and looks amazing without looking like I'm wearing makeup. It also helped a bit with my pores, which is always a plus, and it leaves my skin feeling great even after I take it off. It also did not cause me to break out at all, which is always a plus.

Moral of the story: if you have fair (especially very fair) skin that is not generally very oily and don't have a lot of redness to cover, I would definitely give this a shot. Sephora, in particular, will give you a little sample amount to try out and I would definitely recommend trying it.