January 29, 2015 | 1284 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Kateaf12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

My holy grail mascara. This makes my tiny lashes appear normal and is not clumpy at all. I find it long lasting and holds a curl really well. I used to buy Clinique and Estée Lauder mascaras and this is honestly as good but for less than half the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2015 12:12:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love OG Great Lash but I think I love the big brush version even more. This still has the same great formula, which is richly pigmented and very black, wet but not goopy and provides for nice volume and length while also propping up curl decently. The formula does not smear, crumble, melt or fade and lasts all day and into the night. Washes off fairly easily with face wash and water.

The big brush really boosts up the volume, though, and the tapered tip allows you to get every lash in the corners as well. The thick bristle wand allows maximum building and layering of the mascara without clumping or crumbles, coating the lashes while simultaneously combing through. The result of the great big brush + classic blackest black GL formula is eyes-wide-open thick, black lashes that achieve a lash look so lovely it's just short of a falsies effect. Add some primer underneath (I like ELF studio mascara primer because it doesn't turn mascara gray or hard, and I'm cheap) and it really will boost your lash thickness to the next level.

Highly recommend, especially if you like Great Lash in general!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by clairesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this is my go-to mascara. for my upper lashes, i much prefer this brush over the original great lash wand; however, it can be kind of tricky to use this huge brush on your lower lashes. this mascara is nothing special but it gives decent volume and length. the brush separates nicely and doesn't clump. of course since it is great lash it has a nice, long-lasting formula. i would say this is the perfect mascara for makeup beginners or for casual/everyday wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by hannahlovesmakeup1

Nope, L'Oreal's "Voluminous Million Lashes - Excess" is still my HG mascara. This wasn't that great because it was not very long lasting & it also gave my sister a bad reaction. She had extremely puffy eyes the next morning & it wasn't going away. Luckily she got a cream to fix it! 😄

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must say, this is significantly better than the original "Great Lash". I think this is a great mascara for beginner, as it doesn't make you lashes look insanely BIG! It does what it says and it holds for a good while. Sadly, they don't seem to have a waterproof version, so I won't be repurchasing. Maybe for my little sister or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by pointdexter8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the mascara every has in the vanity or has purchased at least once or knows someone who has purchased...with good reason. This masacara is wonderful it may not be the best but it works exceedingly well for the price bracket.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Brookiebabee11

Definitely useful. I like it because I've just barely started using makeup. I'm 12 by the way, don't look at the age that it says. All I wear is this mascara and MAC Lip glass lip gloss (that's all I'm allowed to wear anyway.) Thankfully, I can wear this to school since it's not EXTREMELY noticeable because I could get in trouble for not following dress code. So I have to look as natural as possible. You can get detention. That would not sit well with my parents.
It's my opinion though and it seems a lot of people don't like it because it's not as visible compared to other mascara.😔But, I do. Oh well, I'm still going to wear it no matter what.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lizknowsbest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the very first mascara I ever used, and the performance is decent, for the price it's great. This is a great starter mascara because it's not overly dramatic it's subtle and natural looking. I would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice, simple, basic, $5 mascara. It has a HUGE classic wirey bristled wand and it's formula is very liquidy; perfect for lengthening but not so much for thickening the lashes. I really like that the bristles comb the lashes effectively and that the formula dries really fast which is perfect for adding more coats and building up the product for dramatic looking eyes. I haven't noticed flaking or smudging underneath the eyes (unless I laugh until I cry), and the endurance is pretty great. As for the cons: this mascara can get messy really fast! The wand is so huge application will be sloppy guaranteed! And it really doesn't do anything for the eyelashes in terms of lengthening dramatically and adding volume. It just feels like I'm just brushing them and separating them.
Removing it is easy but it will take some time to completely wash the black residue out of the eyes!
Finally, I don't think I will repurchase due to the quantity of mascara brands and diversity out there. I want to try and review them all! ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Not as good as original, but if you get bored you can buy this to switch it up. Definitely coats lashes in a different way than original. Better though? Not really