October 2, 2014 | 1487 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Naked Honey Skin Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I've had it for a couple of years now and I still love it. I only use it on my lips at night time. The next morning, my cracked lips are plumped again. I usually use my lush mint julep scrub if there is a lot of dead skin. Unfortunately, Mac no longer carries this in their stores. I don't know if this product but I can probably get a couple of more years out of this. Nothing compares to this - I've tried vaseline, and Smith's Rose Salve.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by mrswest1031

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I was lucky enough to FINALLY get my hands on this in a swap recently. I've been using it on my lips, since it's the main dry spot on my body, and it is a nice moisturizer for my lips. Softens them well and keeps them rather hydrated. I'm not a HUGE fan of the scent....thought I would be, but it doesn't smell like honey as much as I thought it would....smells more like jasmine, flowers....reminds me more of LUSH's Flying Fox shower gel (scent wise). I like the CO Bigelow Apple Rose Salve MUCH better...and for the price, I bought 3 of the Apple ones from B&BW for $2 each....I like the Naked Honey Skin Salve, but I won't repurchase it or swap for it again...I think this tin will last me forever!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by nerdcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So lucky that I found this at a CCO... I had never even been tempted by a product like this until I tried Smith's Rosebud Salve and fell in love. This one it even better than Smiths because of the smell and huge amount that is in the tin... actually that is my only gripe with this product, I think there is TOO much in the tin... I feel like it's going to go off before I even get half way through.... and I am loath to throw this out without finishing all the lovely goo.
Anyway, great for dry hands and cuticles and a dream on the lips especially at night. This has replaced my MAC lip conditioner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Found at a CCO and thought I'd give it a try. Very good produce. I use it on my extremely dry cracked lips. I put it on at night and my lips feels great the next day. I also use it on my elbows and it work great. It is a little thick so I would not recommend it to use over lipstick. lip gloss. I would repurchase but I think I have enough to last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by GLAMROQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So good I had to write a review. I love this stuff. I found it (not that I was looking for it) in a CCO near my house last week. I tried it on in the store and just looked around while letting it set on my lips. I WAS SOLD! My lips were soooo soft and moisturized. I've been have issues with finding something that keeps my lips soft and succulent. This is definitely my holy grail. I will be repurchasing even though I don't think I will be running out anytime soon as a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by il0vehell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Mac, but I never go for any skin care type stuff (besides Fix +) and this. It was about $18, and I guess it's a decent price for the amount you get. I've had it since it came out and I still have about half left. I wouldn't buy it again just because of the price and I could find a cheaper salve from Bath & Body Works. I used to love the scent, which is obviously honey but now it just annoys me. I always keep it by my bedside table. I always put some on my cuticles and all over my hands, sometimes on my feet since they are always chapped. It moisturizes my cuticles and feet really nicely, better than any lotion could. It's thick and perfect for the winter time! I will at times use it on my lips, only if I don't have a good lip balm at the time; even though I cannot stand the scent. Overall, I like it but I would reccommend getting the cheaper one from B&BW that I mentioned. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by blueberriyumyum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

im not a huge fan of lip stuff because i am always drinking & smoking so lip products just wear off. since its winter my lips are always really dry. i love having soft lips so i exfoliate then apply a thin layer of this and let it soak in. even when i wipe naked honey off my lips still feel really smooth. i love the smell also. it has a slight hint of sweet honey. it was expensive but you get a lot in the tin. if it wasnt le i would prob buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

It took me a long time to finally get to try one of these - though I had wanted it when it first came out I was never motivated enough to run and get it before they sold out. I dont agree with the reviews I've seen where they call it repackaged Vaseline. Just because it has petrolatum doesnt make it Vaseline (lots of lotions have it too - but the texture and consistency is completely different). Anyone who has ever put vaseline on their skin or lips knows its incredibly gloopy and thick and never sinks into your skin. This salve doesnt look, smell or feel like Vaseline at all. I wouldnt say its the be all and end all of moisturizers - its not going to magically cure dry skin but its decent and on par with other thick cream type lotions. I bought this mostly for my lips however, and its quite nice there - lasts a long time and feels soft and moisturizing (and I expect will last me a long long time if I only use it on my lips). I like the scent alright, though it smells more like wildflowers to me - almost the exact same as Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm. I like that scent (luckily) though I would have appreciated a touch of actual honey scent mixed in - I think that would've made it perfect (because full on honey would probably be too sweet smelling). Overall, I'd love to see MAC some out with more items like this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product! I was lucky enough to get this in a swap. Nice, pleasant honey scent. Great for anywhere you need to be moisturized. I really like the sleek packaging and the honey comb imprint on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

I bought this a long time ago! I have a nice sized dent in this because i use it so much. I either apply this before i go to bed, or apply a thin layer of this before my lipstick. It smells so good! Its cute to carry around also. Its more of a summer lipbalm since it does smell really sweet, but it doesnt really smell like honey. I wish this wasnt LE, and i wish it was cheaper, but i always find new stuff. i want to try korres lip butter next!