Dial Yogurt Apricot and Almond body wash

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/2/2011 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Retail Price: $6.00 (approx)

Promise-Statement: "Treat your skin to Dial's Yogurt Nourishing body wash infused with Almond Oil and the juicy fragrance of Apricot. The body wash is enriched with natural yogurt protein to condition the skin, leaving skin feeling smooth, healthy and yogurty soft."

First 5 Key Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-8.

The first five ingredients do not include almond oil. It's actually #9 & #10 out of 21 ingredients. The apricot scent is more than likely primarily derived from "fragrance" since it's listed as #7 on the list. However, no form of apricot oil is listed anywhere on the ingredients list. The fact that SLS is #2 is concerning given the toxicity concern of this chemical. Hydrolyzed Yogurt Protein is #8 on the list.

I really liked this shower gel: smells good, lathers/foams well, rinses clean. Only complaint are the ingredients listed above. Companies feel they can charge more by marketing the "natural" ingredients of a products hoping consumers react with their emotions instead of their head. I won't purchase this body wash again. Sorry, Dial.

on 1/16/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
- Good smell
- Cheap
- Available at any drugstore

Cons:
- Smell is way too light. Doesn't linger on the skin, the smell is not even stronger when you smell it directly from the bottle.
- Not very moisturizing (though definately not drying either)
- Runny consistency
- Will not repurchase

on 9/11/2009 8:57:00 PM

This was on sale and I was looking for a new body wash so I decided to try it out. It smells SOOOO good. Wow. An hour after I've showered, ,my bathroom still smells like peaches. My skin also feels really soft and hydrated after showering. I love the smell, a little nickel sized amount is more than plenty so it'll last a long time and the price isn't bad. I will definitely be repurchasing.

I was browsing all the new body wash products at walmart and I saw yogurt and apricot and it sucked me in. Dial isn't something I would normally even think of buying, but I'm glad I did. It smells really good and does moisturize well (even in horrible hard well water) without giving you that icky not clean slimy feeling. It makes me pretty soft too probably due to the yogurt. I wish they would come out with more fruity scents (only three to choose from vanilla, aloe, and this) to choose from (and maybe have the scent last longer) since I do like it and probably will repurchase.

Popular Gels/Soaps