October 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Eye Primer - LA Splash - Splash Proof Sealer / Base (for glitter or shimmer)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I adore this primer! I use it with all of my shadows- loose, packed, shimmery, or matte. Doesn't matter. Every time I get beautiful results. The packaging is a bit weird, but I like the doe-foot applicator, I guess. It does its job well and I will definitely repurchase, although I technically didn't purchase it- I got it from a Glossybox. The technicalities :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by sassa47

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

SO I rly love using this Primer with Loose eyeshadow/pigment, eyedusts and glitter; however I should be using it on top of a "regular" eye primer because it caused my lids to become puffy, red, itchy and it burns them whenever I use it on the infected eyelids. My eyelids had recovered and since I started using it again, they became even worse. Great primer but not for sensitive lids.

As another user mentions. It is best when used for glitter or eyedusts on the lid only, because it makes blending impossible! It is NOT an all-over-the-lid primer!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Megan0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This sealer works exact like Fyrinnae pixie epoxy with much more accessibility. Pixie Epoxy can have such a long turn-around-time sometimes, but you can buy the LA Splash sealer any time at Ulta, Duane Reade( If you live in NYC) or online. It is not meant to use as a regular primer such as UDPP because it's tacky and grabs on to pigments too strong, makes shadows very hard to be blended. I like to use shimmery colors on my lower lids and matte for my creases and I use this sealer strictly for the lower lids. With any other primer, my shimmery shadows on lower lids would be lost after blending the creases, when I try to reapply it would simply fall off in time. I put my regular primer(TFSI) all over my eyelids then put this over on the lower lids part, it grabs the shimmery color so well, makes the color pop even more, and almost gives it a foiled look without any fallout and fading.

LA Splash also has an eyeliner sealer which I think it's just the same thing but with a liquid liner applicator. It works great for those days that I only want to put eyeliners on. Try this brand if you have a hard time getting a hold of the Fyrinnae, it really works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, it's a little off because I only got this product in less than a day but...a day is good enough to prove the primer is a yay or nay. And luckily, this is a yay. I wouldn't rate it five lippies just because it's not meant for everyday usage.

It is a very heavy duty eye primer, and meant for glitter/loose pigments due to the super adhesive texture after applying on the lids. The drydown isn't exactly comfortable as you can feel the tack of the primer but it's good if I dust a small amount of loose powder on top of it when I just want to use this to hold my eyeliner. This is definitely much more heavy duty compared to the UDPP which does hold my make up quite well but this really does hold the eye makeup and keeping it extremely fresh after hours. My eyeliner stayed intact for hours upon applying it which is like one of the biggest perks for me.

Due to the adhesive texture, it is not recommended to use this everyday as it would definitely damage your lids somehow...Another reason for not giving 5 lippies is because it is so much tackier than the UDPP, this makes it really hard to blend eyeshadows upon application. However, I really don't mind making this a HG in my collection because it's so good. Of course I love my UDPP, but this is way better when I need something really powerful to hold on and the price is a definite plus compared to buying UDPP regularly.

While it is a milky-yellowish-white product in the tube, it applies on clear and dries quite fast, leaving a layer of tack for you to work on your glitter or loose pigments. LA Splash sells a lot of loose pigments, so this is definitely used to pair with it to make the pigments pop. Definitely repurchase for sure but I will also stick to my UDPP to alternate around my primers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This was recommended to me by a fellow muaer. Said it is better than Pixie Epoxy which i kept hearing about but didnt want to order online. I have not tried epoxy but this is an awesome sealer. i have eye primers i never use, bare minerals brand and also the infamous UD primer which didnt impress me, but this ones convenient (doe foot wand). You cannot really blend many colors as any eyeshadow put over it STICKS. I dont use it for glitter. but this holds onto all my eyeshadow until i take it off. It lasts all day and makes my not so awesome quality eyeshadows and my good quality eye shadows so much more vibrant. Its also awesome with mineral shadows. I recommend this highly!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I intially bought this since I have heard good reviews about it and I thought it could replace LORAC Behind the Scenes Primer that I usually use. This did not work as a primer. It did not keep my eyeshadow from fading or lasting on my eyes. This will be going back to Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this eye shadow sealer base in l.a splash to use with my glitter palette in nyx,my loose l.a colors eye shadows,my nyx glitter liner,my l.a splash glitter liner, that i want to set,so that no glitters fall off!as for eye shadows i am a blending person so i would only use it only for a one shadow look.like a silver shimmery,or a gold shimmery.so,really like that it holds on my glittery looks!last long!sticky,but,yes needed that to hold on my glitz! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Finally was able to find a sealer at ULTA. Only used this a couple times but so far I like it. Price was good. Does what it's supposed to. Consistancy is nice. Will have to add more once I've used for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jdsmom247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best eye lid primer I've used so far. I'd swatch some e/s with it on my arm along with 3 other primers I have (ELF, NYX & Palladio) so far the LaSplash was the most vibrant & held the color in place neatly. All the others dried up matte leaving a light dull powdery-like residue except the La Splash. The only bad thing about this eyelid primer I would say is the stickyness of the product when applied to the skin, although it dries up and diminishes quickly. Also the length of the applicator tops is oddly lnog which takes up a lot of space in my make up drawer. I love this product & will be picking up another ones especially when on sale at ULTA.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

At first I didn't like this. I was using shadows from Coastal Scents and it didn't blend well, it creased, and caused my shadows to pill. Then I tried it with a creamier shadow and it works a lot better. It still is difficult to blend well so I recommend this if you are doing eye-makeup that doesn't require A LOT of blending. Minor blending seems to be okay. It lasts pretty well, not as good as my TFSI but better than most drugstore bases. I use this when I don't necessarily need an all day hold, like if I'm just going out to dinner or something. It works well for that. The only thing I don't like about this, is that obnoxiously long handle. I don't know why LA Splash does that. There is no need to have a handle on cosmetics that long!

EDIT: I find this works better for me as a sealer as opposed to base/primer. It's too sticky to be able to blend shadows. But it works great to mattify my eyelids when all I want to wear is eyeliner. It keeps my eyelids from getting oily throughout the day and my eyeliner stays in place with no smudging. So I change my nay to a yay on if I'd buy again. continued >>