October 20, 2014 | 986 users online

Shampoo - Living Proof - shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by octavius2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received samples of the PHD shampoo, conditioner and 5 in 1 styler. The first time I tried them, my hair looked fairly nice but not significantly better than it normally would. By the third use my hair was coated and "hard" feeling, unresponsive to any styling attempt, and my scalp itched like crazy AND IT WAS FRIZZY!!! When I added the Flex hairspray, it actually caused my hair to break if I attempted to put a comb through it. This is definitely one of those product lines that you purchase at a store that will give you a refund.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by adhicks1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the No Frizz Living Proof Shampoo. I generally really like Living Proof products, but this one is a clunker. My hair is fine, wavy/curly and very prone to frizz. This shampoo gave my hair that wet "straw-like" feel while shampooing and required a hefty dose of conditioner. I noticed absolutely NO frizz control whatsoever. And the price is outrageous. I'm glad I paid clearance price at Target. Gets two stars for the fragrance - which I LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

I'm really loving the no frizz shampoo and conditioner! It might even be a bit more moisturizing than the restore, which is definitely an hg of mine. It really does help with frizz and keeps my hair so nice and straight yet not weighed down and that is in southern georgia, where the humidity is outrageous. When I first moved here my hair would be three times it's size by the time I would get to my car in the parking lot...which is right outside my front door. Yeah it's that bad. I alternate between the no frizz leave in conditioner mixed with the restore targeted repair cream, and the no frizz nourishing styling cream with the thickening cream and both of those combinations give me incredible results

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by donnagonz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am completely baffled as to why so few people have mentioned the scent of this product line, and that the few who do feel that it has some light citrus or orange scent. these products are perhaps the most heavily perfumed i have ever tried (i sampled the thickening shampoo, thickening creme and root lift spray). if you don't like perfume, beware! it smells exactly like raid "country scent", and yes, the scent really lingers. do the products work? i don't know, i had to rinse them out of my hair immediately because the scent was so horrifying. such a shame. if you like heavy floral perfume-ignore this review!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by SashaCole

I purchased the small bottles of full thickening shampoo and conditioner. Yes there are no sulfates but the other ingredients are just as harmful. The next day, my hair was very greasy and needed to be washed again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by mandyjane28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the small sample size of this from Mecca as I was in depsperate need of a new shampoo for my thick, wavy hair that I like to blow wave straight. I have a sensitive scalp and as this has no sulfates I thought I would give it a try. The first 2 washes were great, my hair came out soft and shiny and my scalp wasn't irritated. But now after about 5 washes I'm finding that my hair is looking dull, dry and a little bit dirty. My scalp has also gotten used to it hence irritation. Will not use again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by samhainophobia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Living Proof shampoo and conditioner pretty much exclusively since they came out (I'll use something else once or twice a month if I feel the need for a clarifying shampoo). I've also used almost all of the styling products, which I'll review separately. I originally bought Living Proof s&c on a business trip, when I saw my reflection in a store window and was so horrified at the size of my hair that I scurried into the Sephora on the next block. The Living Proof line had just come out the month before, and although it was expensive, anything that promised "no frizz" sounded pretty good to me right then. It turned out to be an inspired purchase and I've never strayed since. It's actually completely transformed my hair. Living Proof is CG (Curly Girl) - friendly -- it contains no SLS and no silicones. When I switched over to using CG-friendly haircare for several years, my formerly lackluster, wimpy waves turned into gorgeous tumbling curls. (Note: this isn't unusual -- check out the NaturallyCurly.com forums for amazing before and after photos!). In addition, the Living Proof products delivered on their "no frizz" claim -- my hair is soft, glossy, and frizz-free. Expensive stuff (though I do my best to stock up during the F&F sales), the candy-orange scent isn't really my cup of tea, and the packaging could be improved (flip-tops on the bottles snap off very easily, allowing water to get in/bacteria to grow if the product is not transferred to a different bottle, which is a pain), but I'll keep buying anyway, because my hair has *never* looked this good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo has a lot of lather, so a little bit is plenty for my fistfuls of hair. It does a thorough job of removing oil and dirt so it may not be the best for very dry or damaged hair, but when paired with a nourishing conditioner my hair is always soft and bouncy. I prefer more natural products than those offered by Living Proof, but overall this shampoo works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by makeitadouble

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I want to clarify that I'm reviewing the "Full" shampoo. I think they make a couple different formulations. I absolutely love this shampoo, conditioner, and thickening cream. I've tried tons of products over the years (both salon and drugstore brands) and this one is the best for me, hands down. My normally flat, limp, straight hair truly feels fuller and seems to have a bit more body as well. I got the whole system for $5 when the Today Show offered it on Jill's Deals & Steals ($75 value!), but I will pay full price when I run out. Love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Shellson

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Has no effect on frizz whatsoever. Cleans hair - and that really is all it did for me, so I don't see myself spilling money on this again. It's a run-of-the-mill shampoo for 3 times the markup of any drugstore shampoo.