Weleda Baby Calendula Cleanser and Shampoo

3.8

on 1/10/2014 10:44:00 AM

I contacted directly to the Weleda distributor here in KL (Malaysia). The sales ladies there were very friendly when I visited their store. The manager recommended this for me after examining my face (sensitive/acne scars/pigmentation/hormonal breakouts). Before using this, I used Weleda cream cleanser before but i prefer this baby calendula cleanser. I use this cleanser along with my olay cleansing brush. Does an amazing job. Yes, it can be slightly dry but I follow up with my Melvita toner and Weleda baby calendula cream. I have no complain and great while travelling as I can use from head to toe.

on 9/6/2013 4:28:00 PM

My son always wants to wash with this product. It leaves his skin soft. Yesterday he asked me why he is so soft!! He's four years old. But I don't wash the hair with it because its so hard to wash it off (he gets crazy everytime it takes to much time)..

on 1/25/2013 3:38:00 PM

I used it for my eldest daughter when she was a baby. She had skin problems such as mild exzema and rashes, it worked great. I now use it for my second daughter, who is currently 5 month-old, and it still is the best baby product i've used. I pretty much have the whole Weleda baby care line (the massage oil, the calendula cream, the bar soap and the cleanser) and i wouldn't switch to any of those crappy generic products such as aveeno and mustela, who claim they are good for your baby but contains tons of harmful chemicals, perfumes and dyes...It's a bit expensive but it lasts quite a while, especially since i don't give my baby a bath everyday but more every three days (a baby is not dirty....lol)
It leaves baby's skin and hair soft, the scent is very light, it rinses very well and i had NO issues of rashes or redness, even on very sensitive skin (face, bottom, etc)
Definitely recommend to new mommies!

My boyfriend loves to use this as a shampoo, it makes his hair look really good somehow.

As for me, I don't like using it as anything.

I originally bought this as a face/body cleanser but it turns out to be too drying. Almost wanted to throw it away, but it was $12 bucks!! so I gave it a last try as a shampoo and it turned out to be an AMAZING shampoo! Since it doesn't foam up much, i just massage it in and rinse. My hair turned out shiny and soft. The best part is my long hair is tangle free without the use of any conditioner. I read the ingredient list again and it DOES NOT contain silicone, so I guess they have a good formula to make hair tangle free. The scent is also lovely. But for this price, I don't think I will purchase it again.

on 9/18/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is another one of the more natural shampoos that are still affordable, though not the best one. I like that it doubles as a shampoo and body wash; that is handy for the gym. However, it does contain fragrance, so it is not the most natural product available. Fragrance is an umbrella term to hide chemicals... would definitely not use this on a baby.

on 9/12/2011 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this or jason's baby shampoo as a facial cleanser. Very good product.

on 6/22/2011 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It is the worst shampoo I've used. Ever. I had to re-wash, apply a treatment and it's still a matted mess. I would consider keeping it for pets!

on 1/22/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this on myself as both a shower wash and hair shampoo bec. I wanted to use something gentle for my body. This stuff is awful. My hair, like the other reviewer stated, started to turn into hay. As for my body,it is not bad nor is it fantastic, but I did a makeup patch test on my arm and this stuff didn't remove it after the shower, so I know this is not a great cleanser. I don't have sensitive body skin or any condition, so I cannot say if this is really that good for you in that area, but if that was the case, I think I would rather go for Aveeno.

on 1/8/2011 11:35:00 AM

I have this, I think, anyway what I own is the Baby Calendula Shampoo & Body Wash. I have sensitive skin and most soaps dry it out too much but I love this soap for my body. I dont recommend it for the face, it made me break out.