December 19, 2014 | 645 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Normally the price of these beauties are $19-20 (USA) at Ulta or The Body Shop themselves but I actually found a Vanilla Duo at Ross for about $8. When I stumbled upon this I couldn't believe I was holding one in my hands because for a teenage girl who has to pay for her own makeup/beauty items, $20 is a pretty daunting price. Personally, I don't like anything about vanilla but I could not pass up the opportunity to try it. The scent smells almost like it is processed, but it fades quickly. It comes in a round, plastic container with a screw off lid and a divider to seperate the normal lotion from the lotion for dry skin warranting it a four in packaging. The body butter itself for normal skin is very soft and creamy and goes on like a dream. However, the lotion for dry skin (for your knees, elbows, etc.) is mediocre. It is very thick so it clumps together and takes a lot of rubbing for your skin to absorb it fully. It makes my skin very soft especially combined with my Tree Hut body scrub.I love the idea and I would repurchase even at full price.
***EDIT***
Upon continuous use I have changed my mind about this product. When I use this my skin feels somewhat greasy and 'tight' but not in a good way, more like my skin can't breathe. Even the lotion for normal skin feels heavy and tacky. This is kind of a bummer considering that this is normally 20 bucks. Needless to say, I will not repurchase this especially at full price. Next time I will wait until I get over my infatuation with the product to write reviews!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using TBS products since they landed in the US, in the early nineties. After all these years, they are still my favorite bath products. Since L'oreal purchased the company, TBS has become very promotional, which is a good thing, because I always thought their products were overpriced. I have used many different scents on and off over the years, and here's a rundown of my favorite and not so favorite scents:

Candied Ginger: Seasonal ~ It's my new favorite and I absolutely love the scent. IMO, it's a dead ringer for Origins Ginger. I paid $3.00 for the body butter, so I ordered five of them. I ordered multiples of every SKU in this scent. It may become my new favorite, bumping Satsuma and Moringa further down the list. I wish this was offered all year long.

Cranberry Joy: Seasonal ~ I purchased this on sale, and I've been using it everyday since Christmas. I only bought two, one large and one small. It's light and fruity, but not sickening sweet. I don't think it smells like cranberries, but it's a nice scent for this time of year.

Satsuma: Recently discovered; now it's a new favorite ~ Amazing citrus scent that I use year round. The smell lasts at least for hours, and the butter is super creamy. Love to apply this at bedtime, after a long, hot, bath.

Moringa: This was my favorite ~ Bumped by Satsuma ~ Smells like fresh, tropical flowers. By far the best moisturizer of all of the scents I have tried, and it's my winter favorite.

Wild Cherry: Discontinued, but I stockpiled this scent. It's light and fruity cherry scent, and it's my summertime favorite~ I wish it was still available, I ran out of soap.

Aloe: My DH's favorite moisturizer. No scent, so it's the perfect body butter for a man.

Mango: Way too sweet for my taste ~ One of the very few TBS scents that I do not like.

Coconut: Weakest scent of them all ~ I am not a fan of coconut, and I find myself never using this, and I don't miss it.

Raspberry: Offered infrequently. I haven't seen it on the website since Dec'10. Nice, light fruity scent ~ best for summer due to the light consistency ~ very similar to Wild Cherry.

Almond: Nutty, and luxurious, but it's not a scent that I will repurchase~

I stock up twice a year. The end of the year sale is the best. They offer discounts galore, a wide selection and I always order enough product to to hold me over until next fall. If I run out mid year, there is always a great sale in Jul/Aug. One final wish is for TBS to offer a melon scent ~ this is definitely a missed opportunity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Rich creams that range from moisturizing to very deep moisture for very dry skin. Most are fabulous scents.

CONS: Some won't like that it's in a tub and fingers can contaminate, but my hands are clean when I apply anyway.

ALTERNATES: Tree Hut (carried at my Walmart) has body butters that are pretty good dupes for these.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Kirro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like the Body Shop body butters. They smell and moisturize great. I don't really like the packaging, I would prefer a pump, or something like that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a long time, I've avoided TBS body butters because I didn't think the containers were convenient and because I used to have the cocoa one a few years ago and it felt more like candy rather than a body cream, but....

However, last week I decided to buy the Aloe version. I use only a small amount on my body twice a day and while it is not the most moisturizing cream I've ever owned, it certainly ranks up. The container is really easy to use...I used to dislike creams that I have to dip my hand into, but since it is wide it's not like I have to dip my hands anywhere and I never get more than I need. I love that it doesn't smell that strong...I would never get cocoa butter or anything like that again, but I will probably purchase Aloe or Vitamin E when I run out of this!

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention that while this cream is moisturizing enough for most of my body, my heels are rather dry and it is not moisturizing enough there. Just a point of interest.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have vitamin e body butter and cocoa butter body butter. both moisturize well and smell nice. a bit greasy but i don't mind greasiness at all. i'd recommend these body butter products to those who like their body care stuff fragranced.