April 21, 2014 | 1199 users online

Treatments - L'Occitane - Repairing Mask for Dry and Damaged Hair/ Shine Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by mumcanyou

This is my third review for this range.
Smell alone is reason to buy them.

I am an unfaithful user of hair products and travel the whole spectrum from coconut oil to high end products that require a platinum card to purchase them.

I keep coming back to this range. I have eternal bed hair (not in the sexy way - more dragged for decades along the sea-bed). It is dry and curly and frizzy (and I am guilty of regularly falling asleep with it wrapped in a towel and then wondering why its so hard to get looking good in the morning!).

This gives me soft shiny hair despite my inability to do more than just throw product on it in the shower!

Loss of points for the tub as it is hard to manage with wet hands and I prefer tubes or bottles.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Jennyfurdouglas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this with a L'Occitane purchase and used it that night. I have alot of frizz to my hair lately, especially since hitting menopause as the hot flashes have kicked in. It made my hair so soft and silky I Immediately purchased a pot the next time I was at the shops.

Details of my experience:

After my initial trial of it I was very excited to see how my hair would respond to it after using it regularly. Now it has a really, really strong rose scent. I usually don't mind a rose scent but for some reason this did not bide well with my hot flushes. I found that the day after I had used it the scent was so strong that when I got a bit 'overheated' the smell went from 'rose scented' to 'old lady musty house rose scented' if you get what I mean! I couldn't bear it, it gave me a headache and I ended up having to wash my hair over and over with my husband's head and shoulders to strip the smell out.

Cost:
Expensive, I think I paid $65 for it, although if I had been able to use it, it probably would be quite cost effective as you don't need much and it is a 250 ml pot.

Packaging:
Organic / health shop appearance, nothing special but not ugly. 250 ml pot of crème, in a plastic jar (which is a bit difficult to use in the shower, I always find tubes so much easier to use as the water doesn't get in!)

In short - a product I wanted to love! I adore L'Occitane Lavende Hand Cleansing Wash and hand cream and just wish I had not had such a severe sensory reaction with this. I might give it another try and come back to this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by danai

I have fine, long, color treated hair that is very dry on the ends, even right after trims. This is maybe the fifth high end hair mask I've purchased trying to replace B&B Creme de coco, which is my HG but also insanely expensive and very hard to find in my country. I'm disappointed to have to say that this product is not it.
And not only does it not perform anywhere near as well as my HG, but worst of all, on me it barely performs at all. It does what a decent conditioner would do: soften a little and detangle for the most part. Nothing else. Once my hair has been dryed and styled, nothing about it looks "treated" or better than on any other day. I shelled out 20 euros for a luxurious brand but the lushness is just not there. I would have achieved the same with a 6 euro drugstore mask, I'm afraid.
The consistency is nice and thick, but seeing the results it means little. I'm not a fan of the scent but for a hair treatment that works, I will tolerate any scent.
Bottom line, if your hair is already in excellent condition I assume this might be a nice touch to your routine just for the sake of feeling pampered. If you really do need deep conditioning, this may not be the product for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to be the dissenter here, but I'm not entirely impressed! I have long, straight, somewhat damaged hair that usually responds well to deep treatment. I heard great things about this mask, so decided to take the very expensive plunge to finally get it. I'm disappointed for a few reasons. It weighs my hair down without smoothing it, which is rare for me. It took a lot of rinsing and still didn't feel light or clean. My hair was also a tangly mess afterwards. Drugstore treatments have done a much better job. It has a strong, earthy scent that sticks around. The matching shampoo gets it right, but this one smells a bit like strong, outdated male cologne with essential oil undertones. The only plus is it made my hair shiny. Probably because the second ingredient is a 'cone! I will not repurchase this pricey product I really wanted to love. It just didn't work on my hair no matter what I tried. Too bad! Sounds like it has been a hit for others. I'll stick with my fave Joico Moisture Recovery treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by hsienjlin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was younger, I didn't need any conditioner or hair mask to keep my hair smooth and shine. However, my hair started to become dryer as I get older (40+). I am currently using both conditoner and hair mask of this L'Occitane range and they are perfect for my hair. I have restored the shine of my youth. It is worthy every penny I paid.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by rachelmoo

I think this must be the most expensive hair treatment I have ever splurge on. However, it did keep its promise to keep my dry hair smooth and smelling good. It helps to soothe my hair frizz and keep my hair shiny the whole day. My younger sister recently straightened her hair and the hair treatments is actually maintaining her hair fibers from being destroyed by the harsh chemical.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

Not a fan of the smell of this buy for £35, this is well wroth the money!!! I bought a jar of this in January and I use it once or twice a week on my hair and it looks as though I've barely made a dent in the jar!

Again, not a fan of the smell but this stuff is incredible. I work a small amount in my hair after shampooing and towel drying my hair, leave in for 10-15 minutes and wash out. The next day my hair is so silky soft and frizz free. By the second day I love running my fingers through my hair. Fantastic stuff and would definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had received a small sample of this product and thought I would give it a try.

I love how smooth and light the cream was. In the following days after I used this mask, I noticed how smooth and lush my hair was. If my hair ever needed intense repair I would definitely buy this product.

However, I am not a huge fan of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by nehelenia

I really love this mask, it has a delicious fragrance which lasts for days and my hair looks great, it is shiny and fortified. Love it! Oh, and did I say how nice it smells? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Lushness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using L'Occitane Repairing Mask for about two years now. For a treatment this good I'm surprised that it still is relatively unknown compared to rival ranges. Anywho I knew that this was a quality conditioner the moment I took the lid off. It is rich, creamy and indulgent and the fragrance is sublime, much like their body products! After I shampoo I ensure that I remove as much excess water as I can in order that the conditioner can fully absorb into my strands. I usually sit with this on my hair for 30 minutes under my steamer and the moment I wash it out I feel how silky and soft my hair is. Once I rollerset and my hair is dry I always marvel at how lush my curls are, I get the same beautiful results every time. My hair is completely hydrated, bouncy and full of volume, and that fragrance - it lingers in my hair all day. This is a HG conditioner, it's a conditioner of quality and I will always have a jar in my stash.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No