November 21, 2014 | 1885 users online

Hair Treatments - L'Occitane - Repairing Mask for Dry and Damaged Hair/ Shine Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by bubblepowerflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love hair masks and this works really good. My hair is soft and smells nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by madamefleurs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rarely write reviews about a beauty product but I feel the need to after using L'occitaine hair repair hair masque. My hair has always been quite dry especially after swimming, gave this product a shot. Applied it on my hair and left in shower cap for 30 mins, after rinsing it off the hair was incredibly smooth and soft. Next day when I woke up my hair was so shiny and silky. one more thing worth mentioning is that the smell was heavenly and lasted for days. Now I use this hair masque once a week and the texture of my hair has been dramatically improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by mumcanyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my third review for this range.
Smell alone is reason to buy them.

I am an unfaithful user of hair products and travel the whole spectrum from coconut oil to high end products that require a platinum card to purchase them.

I keep coming back to this range. I have eternal bed hair (not in the sexy way - more dragged for decades along the sea-bed). It is dry and curly and frizzy (and I am guilty of regularly falling asleep with it wrapped in a towel and then wondering why its so hard to get looking good in the morning!).

This gives me soft shiny hair despite my inability to do more than just throw product on it in the shower!

Loss of points for the tub as it is hard to manage with wet hands and I prefer tubes or bottles.

Update
There are few words more likely to send a cold shiver down your spine than "New and Improved Formula" written on a beloved product.

Having risked missing a flight home to dash in to the L'Occitane kiosk at the airport I was almost brought to tears when the shop assistant happily shared that dread phrase with me!!!

However my need was great and there was a bonus comb as an incentive so I purchased the new formulae, (Shampoo, Conditioner and Mask -together with the 'new' pump bottle as my previous pump bottles had both given up the ghost after several refills).
When I arrived home it was with trepidation that I opened the larger (less pumps required) pumps and washed and masked my needy hotel shampooed tresses.
- Prayers of gratitude that the scent has remained untainted.
- Pleasant surprise at how easily my dried out, rained on, matted curls combed through
and finally, when all was dried and ready for assessment - AMAZEMENT that the new version really is even better than the old one!!!!
Thank you L'Occitane - I wish I could give you even more lippies (now all you need to do is put the mask in a pump pack too...)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Jennyfurdouglas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this with a L'Occitane purchase and used it that night. I have alot of frizz to my hair lately, especially since hitting menopause as the hot flashes have kicked in. It made my hair so soft and silky I Immediately purchased a pot the next time I was at the shops.

Details of my experience:

After my initial trial of it I was very excited to see how my hair would respond to it after using it regularly. Now it has a really, really strong rose scent. I usually don't mind a rose scent but for some reason this did not bide well with my hot flushes. I found that the day after I had used it the scent was so strong that when I got a bit 'overheated' the smell went from 'rose scented' to 'old lady musty house rose scented' if you get what I mean! I couldn't bear it, it gave me a headache and I ended up having to wash my hair over and over with my husband's head and shoulders to strip the smell out.

Cost:
Expensive, I think I paid $65 for it, although if I had been able to use it, it probably would be quite cost effective as you don't need much and it is a 250 ml pot.

Packaging:
Organic / health shop appearance, nothing special but not ugly. 250 ml pot of crème, in a plastic jar (which is a bit difficult to use in the shower, I always find tubes so much easier to use as the water doesn't get in!)

In short - a product I wanted to love! I adore L'Occitane Lavende Hand Cleansing Wash and hand cream and just wish I had not had such a severe sensory reaction with this. I might give it another try and come back to this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by danai

I have fine, long, color treated hair that is very dry on the ends, even right after trims. This is maybe the fifth high end hair mask I've purchased trying to replace B&B Creme de coco, which is my HG but also insanely expensive and very hard to find in my country. I'm disappointed to have to say that this product is not it.
And not only does it not perform anywhere near as well as my HG, but worst of all, on me it barely performs at all. It does what a decent conditioner would do: soften a little and detangle for the most part. Nothing else. Once my hair has been dryed and styled, nothing about it looks "treated" or better than on any other day. I shelled out 20 euros for a luxurious brand but the lushness is just not there. I would have achieved the same with a 6 euro drugstore mask, I'm afraid.
The consistency is nice and thick, but seeing the results it means little. I'm not a fan of the scent but for a hair treatment that works, I will tolerate any scent.
Bottom line, if your hair is already in excellent condition I assume this might be a nice touch to your routine just for the sake of feeling pampered. If you really do need deep conditioning, this may not be the product for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sorry to be the dissenter here, but I'm not entirely impressed! I have long, straight, somewhat damaged hair that usually responds well to deep treatment. I heard great things about this mask, so decided to take the very expensive plunge to finally get it. I'm disappointed for a few reasons. It weighs my hair down without smoothing it, which is rare for me. It took a lot of rinsing and still didn't feel light or clean. My hair was also a tangly mess afterwards. Drugstore treatments have done a much better job. It has a strong, earthy scent that sticks around. The matching shampoo gets it right, but this one smells a bit like strong, outdated male cologne with essential oil undertones. The only plus is it made my hair shiny. Probably because the second ingredient is a 'cone! I will not repurchase this pricey product I really wanted to love. It just didn't work on my hair no matter what I tried. Too bad! Sounds like it has been a hit for others. I'll stick with my fave Joico Moisture Recovery treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by hsienjlin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was younger, I didn't need any conditioner or hair mask to keep my hair smooth and shine. However, my hair started to become dryer as I get older (40+). I am currently using both conditoner and hair mask of this L'Occitane range and they are perfect for my hair. I have restored the shine of my youth. It is worthy every penny I paid.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by rachelmoo

I think this must be the most expensive hair treatment I have ever splurge on. However, it did keep its promise to keep my dry hair smooth and smelling good. It helps to soothe my hair frizz and keep my hair shiny the whole day. My younger sister recently straightened her hair and the hair treatments is actually maintaining her hair fibers from being destroyed by the harsh chemical.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

Not a fan of the smell of this buy for £35, this is well wroth the money!!! I bought a jar of this in January and I use it once or twice a week on my hair and it looks as though I've barely made a dent in the jar!

Again, not a fan of the smell but this stuff is incredible. I work a small amount in my hair after shampooing and towel drying my hair, leave in for 10-15 minutes and wash out. The next day my hair is so silky soft and frizz free. By the second day I love running my fingers through my hair. Fantastic stuff and would definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had received a small sample of this product and thought I would give it a try.

I love how smooth and light the cream was. In the following days after I used this mask, I noticed how smooth and lush my hair was. If my hair ever needed intense repair I would definitely buy this product.

However, I am not a huge fan of the smell.