September 22, 2014 | 1057 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a little disappointed with this palette. The colors looked like really pretty basic neutrals, and some of them had decent pigmentation, but there wasn't enough difference between the mid tones in the palette so I felt he finished look had somewhat of a "muddy" appearance. That being said it is possible to get a very natural, work appropriate my eyes but brighter look simply by using the champagne, one of the mid tone browns, and a little bit of one of the darker browns applied in the outer V. I also like that this palette contains a mixture of warm and cool tones, shimmery colors and mattes. I prefer the wicked dreams palette, however simply because it is more versatile. This is a good palette for natural looking makeup, especially if you have fair skin. On darker skin this may not show up as nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This compact may have a different name now, I'm not sure, but it's a great deal if you can find it. It's perfect for travel or those long days where you may need to change looks.

There are only a few matte colors in there: the dark brown and black, and maybe the rose (not pink) color. The rest are either satin-finish or straight shimmer. I haven't experienced much fallout, but there is some variability in the pigmentation. There are about 4 different taupes, one of which matches my eyebrows.

And that's why it's so great for travel. You can create natural or dramatic looks with the shadows, of course, but you can also wet your eyeliner brush and use the black or brown for liner, plus you can use another brush with one of the taupes (or darker colors) for brows. The big mirror is helpful and the sleek skinny black compact is aesthetically pleasing. It clicks shut securely. The included applicator is useless, but isn't that always the case?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the price, you can't beat this. The palette itself is a sleek, sturdy black plastic with a large mirror. The 10 shadows are typical nice neutrals that range from a matte stark white to a matte black, with browns & beiges in between. You can get a neutral or smokey look from this set. A lot of the colors are fairly similar, but it's still very usable, especially if you tend toward neutral browns & beiges most days, as I do. The eyeshadows are incredibly soft and creamy, and pigmentation is great. Very similar to Wet n Wild trios. Fallout I have found to be minimal. For drugstore type shadows, these are really nice quality. I do think there must be some kind of variance with NYX, because I see other mentions of lack of pigmentation and chalkiness, and my palette is far from that. However, I have had other Runway palettes that were chalky as heck. For someone like me, who does a neutral eye pretty much every day, this is a great palette for a good price. If you are looking for a nice neutral palette at a drugstore price, I would recommend this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by oceanwaves078

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its an okay palette. I do like the packaging a lot! Very sturdy and I use the mirror everyday when applying mascara/liner. Pigmentation is decent but i highly recommend a good base like nyx jumbo pencil in milk. I agree with everyone that some of the shades look the same when applied to the lids. The two champagny shades look the same and the two satin browns look similar too. I wish they would have added different colors instead. I do like the matte dark brown and black shades! I use the black shade to put over my eyeliner to make my liner look less shiny and more matte. Overall you can create neutral and smokey looks. Very convenient to carry in your purse because it has a large mirror. I'd give this palette a try but dont expect uban decay quality haha

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I would really like this palette because I'm a fan of neutral shadows. However the pigmentation with these is terrible. I always use a primer, and I've even tried this over different primers, and these shades just aren't pigmented. Even getting a pigmented swatch is difficult. And getting enough color on the brush causes the shadows to get powdery.
Once applied, I don't feel these blend that easily. I'm extremely wary of purchasing other NYX shadows for these reasons. I didn't have any creasing issues, but I always use primer. Once I had the shadow on, it did last for the day.
There are other drugstore brands have better quality in their shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by victoriamorgan

Not an HG for me but definitely worth what I paid. You MUST use a primer for color payoff. No glitter"chunks" is a plus in my book, and softly shimmering cool/neutral tones are flattering to my pale complexion. I swatched them first with no primer, then with. Major difference. Easy to come up with a pretty daily look, but nothing too intense. Nyx shadow primer is only a couple bucks so I think the potential looks and quality are a steal.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by hanabi318

When I first got this palette, I thought that I would really enjoy the neutral colors. I've tried to make myself like it and use it up...but in the end I am tired of not being satisfied. They're soft...but there's a lot of fall out, the colors appear to be all the same on the eyelids and blend together which defeats the purpose of using different colors for a look. The lighter satin colors do not have good pigmentation so your eyelids look greasy, the lighter matte shades are chalky and do not last long, and the dark colors just blend away and lose their intensity after a few hours. I threw it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by April316

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely one of my go to palettes that I find myself reaching for on a daily basis. After going through a lot of trial and error with eye shadows, these are the ones that usually end up looking great even after a long day! The staying power and pigmentation is wonderful.
It is great in the morning when I do not have a lot of time because the whole look can be created from this one palette. It is also a wonderful palette when you are traveling - when you can only bring a small carry on, packing a ton of eye shadows is not feasible. The only reason that I gave this a 4 out of 5 is because I really wish that they would have included a matte champagne/ivory color in the palette, rather than that harsh white.
For the price, you really can't beat the colors/quality in this palette. It is very versatile, and would be wonderful as a "starter" kit, or anyone looking for a palette with neutral/brown colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this as a birthday present last September and can honestly say that since then I've used it about 6 times. The problem is I don't know why I haven't used it more, because when I did the swatches for this I realised that some of the colours in it are actually quite nice. However, they just don't wow me like my other palettes do (e.g. the Undressed and Undress Me Too palettes by MUA).

As another reviewer commented, the colours of this look great in the pan but when applied they all look the same, especially the lighter, champagne shades. I've found the white shade is way too chalky to be seriously considered for anything (even as a highlighter) whilst the darker browns and black shade have a lot of fallout.

If you're thinking of investing in any NYX eyeshadows I would recommend getting their single ones as opposed to a palette. This cost 10.00GBP and I genuinely don't think it was worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by imsoboredof

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Bohemian Rhapsody palette which is from the same Runway collection line. First of all, I love the packaging. It's portable, smaller than most smart phones, and comes with a huge mirror, which makes it my go-to palette for travelling. The top row is very glittery, which I like but others might not. There's a silver with very chunky glitter, a slightly chalky shimmery champagne, a very pretty almost mauve-y shimmer, a gorgeous-yet-crumbly taupe shimmer, and a cute peach shimmer. The silver is the worst in regards to fall out, but they all have it. The bottom row is all matte, with a peachy color a few shades lighter than my skin tone, a very pale chalky beige shade, a cool toned light brown, a medium gray, and a black. This row is great for a very subtle natural eye, and the black is my favorite black eyeshadow. The mattes are surprisingly soft, besides the first pale shade. They all blend pretty well. Overall this is a nice palette in my opinion, I find most neutral palettes boring and this has just enough color and shimmer to spice it up a bit. It's a good travel palette since it has all the essentials to a neutral eye (highlighter, lid, crease color, even eyeliner if you wanted to use the black, which I have done a lot). The glitter will be a turn off for many, though. I wouldn't repurchase because it's discontinued and not amazing enough for me to want backups. For those who do still want this (or any other Runway palettes), I'm pretty sure cherryculture still has them.