C.O. Bigelow Mangosteen Mentha Lip Shine

on 7/10/2015 3:53:00 AM

At first, I thought this product was some kind of lipbalm. Each time I used it on my bare lips, I noticed how good of a job it did moisturizing my lips (my lips do tend to get dry easily) and that I was reaching it over my other lip balms (which I am a lip balm junkie). As the name implies, the product has a strong yet delicious mango scent. Since there is peppermint oil in this product, the lip shine gives your lips a nice tingly sensation and makes your lips look a bit more plump (nothing crazy).

Once I realized what this product actually is, I started using it as intended. This lip shine is thinner in consistency compared to other lip glosses, so it's great for layering on top of colorful lipsticks that you do not want to alter the application or color and add moisture and shine to. It's also great for wearing alone. Lasting power is not phenomenal, as it is a gloss, so you do have to reapply.

on 7/14/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been IMPATIENTLY awaiting C.O. Bigelow's summer edition of the Mentha lip shines, and finally they are here! When I was looking at them in the store, I was thinking what the 'f' is Mangosteen?! So, I bought them since I've been wanting them so desperately. I got them home and did some research. They are all based on Asian fruits. Mangosteen, according to Wikipedia is a tropical fruit that is grown primarily in hot, humid climates of southeast Asia such as Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. They are two- to three-inches with juicy flesh suggestive of both peaches and pineapples. These are so creative and unique. What an awesome idea!