April 20, 2014 | 1444 users online

Concealers - Avon - Ideal Shade

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Izzieev

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

blends* lol

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Doesn't blend and tugs at my skin. No coverage whatsoever. Weird grainy texture ugh i threw mine away! Do not buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by HolyPeas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not love this. To me its too dry, it creases, and it seems to turn orange. ALL CONCEALERS CREASE, that being said, even powdering didn't help, it shifted all over the place.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale and think this is great for under eye area! From other reviews on here I found out you can use it as a highlighter and OMG I love it even more because it defined my eyebrows and they look perfect. I do not wear any type of face makeup at all but my dark circles aren't pretty and I wanted something to lighten them or cover them completely. So I tried finding a shade as close to my skin as possible and it matches nicely and this one did the trick. Ive tried on some acne scars as well and works quite nicely.

UPDATE UPDATE!!!!
I changed from 3 lippies to 5 because I think I have finally mastered this product. Or maybe I was just using it wrong to begin with!
Packaging: The tube is actually a lot better idea than a jar IMO because you can actually control how much product you're getting onto your fingers. I still think the best way to use this concealer is to first wash your hand with antibacterial soap and then swipe your ring finger over the tip 2 or 3 times. (you can build coverage if you still feel necessary but I always start out with a base to determine if I really need a lot of coverage) then I pat the under eye area with my ring finger gently and blend as I pat. There is a FINE LINE between blending and completely wiping the product off and not getting the result you're looking for. So practice makes perfect in this case.
** Also, since writing the original review I went over to the MAC store and got the girl to apply the concealer that was $18 and she set it with a powder. I don't ever set my avon one with powder and it lasts more than half the day! (12 hours) I didn't have this concealer on that day I went and I asked her to do only one eye. I applied my Avon concealer and compared the two in lasting ability and coverage.
The Mac one definitely looked like I had makeup on. I don't wear makeup on my face at all besides eye makeup so this was an issue to look cakey in one area lol.The avon one ended up surpassing the Mac for lasting ability and coverage.This may be just that the Avon shade matches me more than MAC. So idk.
- I'd definitely recommend trying stuff before making a purchase for an expensive one cause you might be duped for your money. But for now, I am sticking to the avon tube one!! Love it!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by AndreaMCA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They just reformulated this concealer and now it goes on very smooth and creamy unlike before. They also added a few more colors to there color selection so that you are sure to find your right shade. Before it didn't really blend well and I didn't really care for it but now i love it and love the shade and it just works great for coverage. I like!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product seems about average in quality, packaging and formulation. Packaged similar to a lipstick, the product itself seems in danger of breaking off if one is not careful - not unlike a lipstick that has been extended too far over the top of the tube. The creamy formulation would suggest that it glides onto the skin effortlessly, but this is not the case. Lastly, I did not like the feel of applying concealer to the under-eye area with such a bulky, lipstick-style concealer. In the future I'll probably look for a concealer that can be applied with a little, super-soft bristle brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer stick is actually a pretty good concealer stick, but not as good as the cle de peau concealer stick, but it's A LOT cheaper than the CLP.
I have the shade in " Almond" which is pretty light for my NW20 Skin.
It covers dark circles amazingly and doesn't crease, I normally bring concealer stick when i'm out because it's handy in a lipstick form.
It's nothing special really, just a cheap, good concealer stick :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only two good things I can say about this product are the inexpensive price (I paid $5) and the decent colour match (purchased fair for my MAC NC15 complexion). Otherwise this concealer was horrible, as it was exceptionally drying, cakey, and creased. I tried to use it as an eyeshadow base and it too creased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a concealer from Avon that matches my skin-tone! I got this in Chestnut and it matches perfectly! I use deep as a brow highlight and (sometimes) eyelid primer. I like that it is in a stick formula and is easy to apply. It blends very well and covers my dark spots perfectly.

I'm very happy with this concealer....will definately re-purchase before they discontinue as they are know to do!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Great little concealer! This covers my dark circles, blemishes, and ance scars. It was pretty creamy, and I liked the packaging alot, I've only used one other concealer before this though, so I really don't have much to compare this too. I have this in the lightest shade, and it matches great. I got this on sale for $3.99. (: