December 20, 2014 | 1278 users online

Mascara - Le Metier de Beaute - Anamorphic Lash Mascara- JADE

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

My review is actually of the same mascara but in the color Aubergine, which is a dark eggplant purple. I had very little to go on when I purchased this, but I was willing to spend $34 US for it because I had read that it was also a lash conditioner. I really didn't know whether it would flake or smudge, both of which are dealbreakers for me. I didn't notice any improvement in my lashes, but the reason I only used it 3 times is that it flaked and smudged horribly. Back it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by catspek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I, too, became addicted to this line and it's because of the mascara. However my addiction has run its course, not because the products aren't good (they are!) but because they're not quite exceptional enough to merit the exorbitant prices...and I mean seriously expensive for the amount of product you get. The colors are FANTASTIC and I really like the brush but the formula does two negative things: It clumps (though you can easily comb through) and it wastes too much when you pull it out of the tube. Perhaps that's a dispense-design problem but man do you waste a lot of product. I'm not cheap with cosmetics at all, but it hurts to see that much beautiful mascara wiped on a tissue before you've even applied it. Even so, once it's on and combed through, your lashes are feathery and lovely. I'll miss having this around but if they change tubes or dispense methods, I'm back baby!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Russian

I am also a recent addict to this line. I bought the Jade mascara after reading about it. I have to say that there were a couple of minor disappointments about it - first, the brush. I just don't care for it. Not too bug, not too small, it picks up mascara in clumps, and every time it drags out more mascara than necessary for an application. It just looks and feels somewhat sloppy. This second issue is that mascara seems clumpy - I don't know, maybe I just got an old tube but having paid a lot of money for this, I don't want it to dry out on my in a month or so.
Having said all that, it is an excellent mascara, it extends lashes beautifully and naturally , and the "not-so-green" green looks amazing on my brown eyes. I even stopped wearing an eye liner, I so much love the way my eyes look with just this mascara. I will definitely repurchase Jade and I am also considering getting a blue one, don't remember the name of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by luckyredlisa

I'm a recent addict of this line, and when I called in my most recent order, the SA just couldn't stop raving about the mascara. There are also several bloggers who have raved about it. But rarely do a trust SA's and non-MUA bloggers!! Well, for once, they were right!
I caved and bought this in Jade. It looks like blackened shimmery jade green in the tube, supposedly this LE summer shade has real gold in it. Interestingly, the tubes are clear- I like! I don't get a lot of GREEN once it is on the lashes, but my lashes are black and I don't really want GREEN lashes. I got what I wanted though- a tint of something...something not black, that seems to really flatter my dark brown eyes and gives a very subtle glimmer. Subtle, but there.
I wasn't actually sure it was there the first time I wore it, so I did a side by side with my other recent fave, Chanel Exceptionnel in Black. I could definitely see that the color and finish was different, and the overall performance and look was as well. It was definitely not black, and was clearly shinier, which I greatly prefer.

Le metier's goes on very nicely, giving a fast build-up of length and volume. The brush is medium-sized and fairly traditional. Gotta say, after struggling with the funky and large brushes like DiorShow, Exceptionnel, and even my longtime love YSL Faux Cils, I realize I prefer the smaller brush! This refused to clump up at all. My lashes didn't want to tangle up like they so like to do with most mascaras. It really held my curl over the course of the day- better than Exceptionnel.

I also received a GWP tube of Brown Black, I don't know if it was old, but it didn't perform *quite* as well as the Jade. I think I'm going to try the waterproof in black for my upcoming beach trip. :)