September 2, 2014 | 1654 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Quad - Berries & Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahjade17

I loved the colours of this product and I loved the shimmery finish.
However, I would recommend having a primer to wear underneath this- it fades in a couple of hours otherwise. Which is a shame, because I love the finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by clopez98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I can't believe all of the bad reviews about pigmentation. I had to double check the name on package to make sure I was reading the right reviews. I bought it at CVS on clearance so I thought it was worth giving it a shot since the colors looked so pretty. The two darkest purples showed up very well and are gorgeous. The two lighter ones showed up also and are pretty. I used all of them today and loved the color and staying power (I did use a primer so I'm sure it helped with this). And because of the reviews about poor pigmentation, I used the applicator in came with and I swiped a little harder than I normally would but as soon as I placed it on my lid, I was very surprised at how dark and pigmented it was and actually had to dab some off. I then used an eyeshadow brush to blend. I simply love the colors and pigmentation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkbonanza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very little pigmentation when they are blended out. The lightest color is chalky.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I wish I had read the reviews on this quad before I bought it, but it was an impulse buy earlier today. I was reminiscing about how I used to use Shimmering Sands back in the day when I still used drugstore makeup, and since I already have a bunch of MAC neutrals and the UD Naked palette, I decided instead to get this quad. Thankfully it was less than $5, or I would be really mad right now. I haven't even used these on my eyes yet, but just by swatching them, I can tell that 3 of the shades are terrible, especially the darkest one, which was the one I was drawn to. The only shade that is kind of creamy and pigmented is the second to the lightest, the second from the right. I have a few of these purple shades on my MAC wishlist, but I don't always want to spend $14.50 on a single eyeshadow, so I was really hoping these would be good. I did hear that MAC reformulated their e/s to save money without raising the price (I would accept paying $1 more per e/s than to get one that's worse quality) so they might not be as good as they used to be, but they'll still be 100 times better than this crap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I really didn't like this quad. The colours looked really pretty in the pan, but when applied, looked like I was punched in the face and ended up with a black eye :( Not good. The white highlight colour was very chalky and ended up breaking to pieces after the second use, the light and dark lavendar colours were quite sheer and didn't have much pigmentation at all. The darkest blackcurrant colour had a bit more pigmentation, but didn't apply well and was very powdery. Colours don't last long, so a primer is a must! Overall, not happy with this product. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by dramaqueen9002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was very disappointed with this product, the colors look okay when theyre first applied, but by the end of the day I couldnt even tell I was wearing any shadow. Fades way too fast. After using this for about a week, all the colors started to crumble and got extremely powdery to the point of being unusable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Some CG shadow quads are amazing and have great pigmentation- this one is just ok. I consider these kinda "gateway" shadows where you start out with it and it's fine, but then move on to something else (and forget about them), OR for those who don't wear m/u a lot and like more natural/subtle looks. This particular quad of purples is fine for "whatever" days- not super pigmented but you know it's on. It's more on the matte side so you can definitely make out the purple. I prefer something with a bit more pigment/sheen even for casual days so I haven't really used this in ages to be honest. Overall I would totally take CG shadows over maybelline any day, but if I want to do something for my eyes to make them stand out, this is not what I would pick! And it does fade a lot so use a primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by CLEOJLW

I like this product. Of course, it isn't my favorite eyeshadow by far. However, I love how it gives me a subtle purple smokey eye. I have quite a few purple eyeshadows and they are highly pigmented. So, when I want something a little soft I will pick up this quad. My favorite color is the first color, which is the deep purple. It has good pigmentation and staying power and is perfect for the crease. Overall, I rate this product as average. And as of now, I am actually indecisive about if I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by lindsey251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in Walmart in the makeup aisles, and this caught my eye. So I plopped it into my shopping cart, and boy was that a mistake. Well, these colors are gorgeous in the pan, they have absoltely no pigmentation! The white is very chalky, and uneven. The light lilac color is pretty, but the pigmentation is pretty low as well. The second color from the left, was my favorite before opening, but had the least amont of pigmentation. It has the faintest amount of pigmentation on my eye, and the worst color in the quad. The crease color, is my favorite in the palette. Pigmentation is OK, definitely not a MAC shadow but I like to use it on the lid. Yeah, wouldn't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I have no purple shadows (I have no idea how that's possible with the number of eyeshadows I have!) and wanted to experiment with the color before spending more on a better quality shadow. Bad move. These are very, very thinly pigmented, especially the second color from the left, which is disappointing because I like that color best in the pan. They do not show up at all on their own, and it took a lot of packing on the color over a base (too faced shadow insurance) to get them to show up. With the amount you need to put on to get any color to show, your eyes end up looking very chalky and powdery. They don't blend very well either. Yuck.